Page 105 of 197 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Seems that lots of the new ones being launched the last while are all using the Shimano system. Is it becoming the goto system for brands?
    What I find strange is that numerous rumours support STEPS9000 coming out later this season and yes, 2 8000 level bikes in the last week. Makes me kind of wonder if the 9000 will be retrofittable (doubtful).

Can we talk design? The new Norco Sight with a 78 degree SA and 458mm chain stays. On an eBike thats 1)powered for climbs and 2)has longer chain stays, do we really need a steep SA to make a long bike even longer?
    Last edited by robnow; 02-18-2020 at 04:16 PM.

I think a lot of companies like the support shimano offers. With etube project any issues can be diagnosed remotely by shimano at most bike shops and available parts and fixes can be quick. Theres still issues, bearings arent serviceable and the danty little wires going to the speed sensor, controller and monitor need to be improved. Mine has the e8000 and its quite intuitive and works well but i read a lot of good things about the gen 4 bosch. Power, quieter, and from the sonds of it, the most durable. They can be rebuilt and have bearings swapped. They also give a 2 year warrantee but if it goes within that 2 years the new one they give you gets a 2 year warrantee. Combine that warrantee with , what i hear, is substantially less failures it could be a while before you have to rebuild it. The gen 3 addressed seals and water/mud ingress quite well. The gen 4 could be the shit. There is on occasional knock that comes from the motor but the latest models dont have that happen a lot and havent heard of any issues developing because of it.
    As for geo im all for the new gro if it makes climbing more comfortable. Steep sa with the seat down makes it ez to get behind on the down too. Im not sold on a 458 chainstay though but that might be a personal fit issue. Im getting along with my 442 chainstay surprisingly fine but i think id opt for it being a bit shorter. Im still finding the sweet spot for cs length for the different climbing applications that im using the eeb for. My cs lengths have been based on what i like on the downs mostly to this point. Im having a shit ton of fun looking for different things to climb on the eeb though, so the cs length is a work in progress for me

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    If you are under 65 yo and ride an ebike on a trail; you are an asshole.
    Im not going to judge. You keep riding that eeb on the trail bud. Who knows , maybe youll grow out of that asshole stage. Doubtful but atleast youll have fun on the eeb

So having a heart attack at 52 and needing one so I don't blow up again means that I should wait another 12 years (now 53) before I ride my bike again. Hmm... You're an asshole.

He might grow out of it though

I'm weird, I think peddling a bike is part of the sport. Allowing lazy people to access trails beyond their reach is OK as long as they get a sweet IG post out of it
    Hello darkness my old friend

I agree with this but would amend it to only include illegal trails and would add you are also primarily concerned only about your own selfish riding experience and do not really care about the sustainability of the sport or preservation of mtb access.

Shit even bike industry insiders are wakening up to the truth that trail emopeds need to be reconsidered.

Ever so disappointed in Santa Cruz bikes, I hope Ibis never goes emtb, it would just shatter me. Scott, if you read this resist the dark side please!!!

For all those that like to through rocks at glasses houses and conviently forget that they have at one time or another poached a trail on their regular mtb, love watching , riding, building rogue trails, and general submitting to the man and then project it all on riders that ride an eeb, with all do respect, kindly fuck off

Am i supposed to give a shit what you think?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    I agree with this but would amend it to only include illegal trails and would add you are also primarily concerned only about your own selfish riding experience and do not really care about the sustainability of the sport or preservation of mtb access.

Shit even bike industry insiders are wakening up to the truth that trail emopeds need to be reconsidered.

Ever so disappointed in Santa Cruz bikes, I hope Ibis never goes emtb, it would just shatter me. Scott, if you read this resist the dark side please!!!
    Same answer to you, if there was no illegal trail building there would never have been a mountain bike scene.

Whataboutism?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

There is a bit o polyass flavour flave in here

Welcome #87
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Same answer to you, if there was no illegal trail building there would never have been a mountain bike scene.

Going out on a limb here but I think the poster meant, riding E-bikes where they are not allowed....
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Come on man. Must we esssplain erry thing?

Well I've mostly been asked to stay away from group rides with my e-mtb but was just asked by the local Nemba group to lead a ride on Sunday morning on an e-mtb friendly ride in one of my favorite spots. A wee bit o' legitimacy seems to be occurring

Thats great. Prediction: everyone has fun. Same as it always was

Same as it ever wuz
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Well I've mostly been asked to stay away from group rides with my e-mtb but was just asked by the local Nemba group to lead a ride on Sunday morning on an e-mtb friendly ride in one of my favorite spots. A wee bit o' legitimacy seems to be occurring
    Yep, note that is is designated E-bike friendly. Makes all the difference in the world. Have fun.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yeah good job!! Everybody wins

Yawn ^^^

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Ebike with studded tires, amazingly fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local club, not a member, has an executive director that is a self sucking d-bag. Has insulted and made up lies about me for years. Also goes on the weekly shop ride which rides well known illegal trails that the landowners have told everyone to stay off, now too old and or not aware to stop anyone. When I get an ebike I'll ride it locally anywhere I feel like and the club can go Fuck themselves.

Pardon me but how does that make any sense?

And most Bike "Clubs" are filled with a-holes.

Local d-bag ED constantly saying that everyone has to follow the rules, calling them out on FB ect. and if you don't that you are ruining it for everyone, while he breaks rules that interfere with his riding.