Page 158 of 197 FirstFirst ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 4901
    Yup, definite pay raise.

The Ioniq 5 is a completely different car than the Ioniq.

Nice, my next vehicle will be E. I'd get way more trips in.

Downieville looks like the ultimate!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Been a good week for riding ebikes

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

This checks all the boxes:

Italian brand Vent has launched a full-suspension eGravel (or should that be eAggro Gravel?) bike. The bike features 40mm of travel front and rear with the rear shock sitting in front of the rider in the middle of the top tube. Vent calls this the TST system and says it increases structural rigidity while "ensuring an effective absorption of roughness, and also making the trail more technical fun as well as easily surmountable", which we can only assume is a Google Translate special. The motor is an FSA HM 1.0 rear hub drive system that provides 250W, there's also a 250Wh battery that can be boosted with a water bottle range extender.

Currently, Vent is aiming to start selling this bike in the Spring but it will set you back €8,000.
    Although it should be a mullet.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Oh hey sprockets. Just stumbled across this thread. Been riding a Sight VLT for a few years, just upgraded to this beast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RangeVLT.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	406216

Also if anyone is in need, I have the Sight still available.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Oh hey sprockets. Just stumbled across this thread. Been riding a Sight VLT for a few years, just upgraded to this beast.

Nice ride. A friend got the same bike w the 900w battery. Loves it. Climbing 6k ft of vert and still battery to spare

More battery just drives up the weight which begs the question

how much battery is enough battery ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

True, 900w shimano is about a 750w bosch for mileage/vert. That would cover any day for me but sometimes i need it. Either battery weight wise is ok by me currently. My 540w with shimano is good most days but occasionally it limits me. Im not overly concerned with weight either. Ive added 7lbs to my bike with dh casing tires, inserts, cheap and steel drivetrain, aluminium parts, coil shock. Im used to it and its set and forget for the most part. Set and forget would be nice with a big battery too. A few big climbs into the alpine need lots of boost or sometimes i want to shuttle a bunch of laps in boost. Ive adjusted to the weight and prefer it in most instances

im not going to start a ride with a half charged (or half dead) battery, so a fully charged 630 W shimano battery on the EP8 is enough for me to rat around the local area doing a lot of uphill in boost for 4 hrs and go have a beer ... more than enough so far for the average ride so I havent run out of juice yet

but the point is that its > for my average ride

Yes for sure, the same with me with my 540w. Sometimes its good for 2 days but then some days i go for a long ride and im stretching it with eco and then other times i want to do a big backcountry ride and it just gives more options to have the big battery. I can waist all 540w on a , what would otherwise be a hike a bike trail, ride in 2 hrs.
    I found i could do 2 1700ft stoke climbs(top of rev gondi into the alpine) and the long run down(5620ft) in trail mode and 2 more in boodt mode and id still need a switchback or 2 in eco and thats climb trail gradient(no granny/ez gear on an acoustic bike). Mt cartier beside the resort is 7k feet hiking/dh biking trail that would need half boost and full legs and all gears in both boost and trail mode. With a 900w id still be hiking some
    I'd bet you'll be exploring those types of adventures soon enough and testing the limits of your battery and the climbing ability to open up those types of trails. Then those trails get inserted into the regular routine or atleast more often. These bikes are great for for any of the trails i do but its those trails that were previously once or twice a year and/or hike a bike is what i dream of. Raw backcountry trails with high alpine views that are now fully enjoyable. Theres still adversity and a lot of tiring work but its easier to not step over the line and blow to the moon, head hanging and lose some of the enjoyment that these trails offer and still have your shit in a pile to rip the dh. More bike riding(flow on the up) instead of blowing up rrpeatedly

dude that looks like an electric motor cycle to me ?

Ya but its sam in flip flops. Mtb surf skillz

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I am saving up for a Sur Ron as quick as I can.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    I am saving up for a Sur Ron as quick as I can.
    They look like a boatload o fun. I see some good builds on them . This guy has a few vids on them

the thread is called electric bike, while they are sacreligous enough for many purists at least there is some moving of the feet on an electric bicycle

do you maybe wana start an electric motorcycle thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post

Great bike

Repeater

https://youtu.be/AydS8VpFRRM

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Repeater

https://youtu.be/AydS8VpFRRM

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Cable routing through the headset seems like a world class dumb idea

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbest Known Time View Post
    Cable routing through the headset seems like a world class dumb idea
    No shit

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the thread is called electric bike, while they are sacreligous enough for many purists at least there is some moving of the feet on an electric bicycle

do you maybe wana start an electric motorcycle thread ?
    As bicycles become e-assist and motorcycles become e-assist, I think the work of advocating for the Multi-use of public lands is entering a new era.

It is predictable that this era is going to make outdoor recreation more accessible to more people. And "should" make motorized off-road recreation easier to advocate for.

My hope is the Forest Service, the State of Washington and all the other public lands gate keepers will enhance opportunities for machines that encourage outdoor recreation and not continue to make them a criminal offense.

Maybe the solution to "is it an e-bicycle or e-motorcycle" question is a power cap similar to that of humans, 250watts or so.

And I hope they don't discriminate against my throttle. I can really feel the flow just standing there on the pedals and rolling along a trail on my 250watt mtb.

there are a lot of places you can't ride a motor cycle and it wouldnt matter if its gas or electric powerd so I would submit that the sur ron MX has crossed line to electric motorcycle in a thread about electric bicycles so its newthread-worthy

I asked shop bro about them bikes made out of chineseium with the throttles and he said we don't sell em cuz they are not legal, there might be several ways to take that idea.

the electric mopeds that are not register-able not insurable not licsensable not legal for street, if you get away with riding one then you did, if john law writes you 600$ worth of tickets then you didn't

right now electric assist might be ok/ legal where you ride, I know I checked, the builder the club vp and some cool kids are adopting them so it wasnt a probelm cuz I had social license

but you better check

https://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Repeater.cfm

https://www.transitionbikes.com/imag...2022_RevII.jpg

Sorry you gotta click for your own pic, the latest big 29er offering from Transition would be vert much in the same class as the Santa Cruz bullit

not a mullet

Quote Originally Posted by harveymushman View Post
    As bicycles become e-assist and motorcycles become e-assist, I think the work of advocating for the Multi-use of public lands is entering a new era.

It is predictable that this era is going to make outdoor recreation more accessible to more people. And "should" make motorized off-road recreation easier to advocate for.

My hope is the Forest Service, the State of Washington and all the other public lands gate keepers will enhance opportunities for machines that encourage outdoor recreation and not continue to make them a criminal offense.

Maybe the solution to "is it an e-bicycle or e-motorcycle" question is a power cap similar to that of humans, 250watts or so.

And I hope they don't discriminate against my throttle. I can really feel the flow just standing there on the pedals and rolling along a trail on my 250watt mtb.
    here is yer homework:

The Current State of Electric Mountain Bike Trail Access in the US

https://www.singletracks.com/mtb-tra...4vFJQzGmTKyfDg

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    here is yer homework:

The Current State of Electric Mountain Bike Trail Access in the US

https://www.singletracks.com/mtb-tra...4vFJQzGmTKyfDg
    Thanks for that, good find! and looks like a solid organization.

To me, the uphill single track speed differential is the most problematic of e-rider etiquette issues.

The maximum watts allowed rule is also important to direct the e-motorcycle group to the motorized trail systems.