Page 64 of 197 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4912
    Yes maybe an aftermarket company can come up with a battery that attaches to any bike with plug in adapters. With larger capacity batteries becoming the norm(700ish W) it should be ez to cram a smaller 400 or 500 W battery in any internal. Adapter and a carrier shell for different bikes to hold the smaller battery. I've no problem carrying an extra in a back pack. It's best if bike companies have their batteries easily removable. I'd probably be ok with a single large capacity battery if I wasn't travelling. Still nice to have options for another battery to swap in. Axiom needs to start making batteries

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I have a haibike and the battery comes out easily.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

A lot of factors that make a good bike aside from batteries. With batteries there’s give and take with external over internal. The new cells that they’re using for internal are flexible, keep the weight lower, free up space on the frame , look clan, and are higher quality(lasting longer) and lighter than older internal batteries. Externals are ez in and out for swaps and packing extra batteries and generally make a lighter bike. Nothing against the external. Part of the reason I lie the commencal. Like shimano brakes are ez to find brake pads, shimano motors are easier to find the external plug in battery. Internal looks like the future as tech develops. A few more upsides if they can make them ez to swap out or 1000w batteries

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Back to reality bud. That makes no sense. Weld pedals on it and no one would notice? You're making shit up and there's a million holes in that arguement. I live in the middle of nowhere and moto and sleds have restrictions. They go where they shouldn't and they get confiscated. Not to mention they'd prefer dirt bike trails. We've gone over this, countless times. You might want to do some research before you spew nonsense

From our local paper a month or so back.

The term “radical” is used a lot, so I looked it up and found synonyms such as “draconian, drastic, severe, and desperate.” A recent letter writer stated that “radical pro-wilderness advocates” need to realize that mountain biking is “100 percent compatible” with wilderness.

I enjoy mountain biking myself, but there are good reasons why the Wilderness Act prohibits any form of mechanized travel. One is the exploding technology, such as “E-bikes.” These bikes have powerful batteries that enable a senior citizen like me to cover 70 miles and climb over 6,000 feet in a single day, as I recently did on a trip in Hawaii. Research has shown that bikers flying down trails have an adverse impact on wildlife and migration.

I would think that as our population and visitor use continue to mushroom in the national forests around Yellowstone, we would have the foresight to choose to protect wildlife habitat over designating a recreational playground for bikers. If we don’t preserve these lands as wilderness, what if a future forest manager decides to open it up for mineral extraction or motorized use?

So just what is a “radical” position? Our junior Sen. Steve Daines has used the term to describe conservationists who want to protect wild lands. I agree with biologist Carol Ruckdeschel who stated, “Trying to save the last 1 percent of wild places is not radical. Radical is wiping out half of the world’s species in less than a century.”
    Right now we are in a battle to once again to not lose MORE access to trails within our area and assholes like this will use any excuse including E-bikes on trails.

Assholes like you are not helping.

Sounds like uninformed assholes like yourself are the problem
    Perspective bud. Look it up. The old fellow was exaggerating. Sure you can go farther. Can he go farther then a young fit buck? No he cant. Is he doing any greater environmental damage than he would otherwise?. Yes, but once again perspective. There's still a lot of benefits to have a participating healthy society. A lot of older people, people with injuries, people that work strenuous jobs all day would otherwise be 4 wheeling, motorbiking, driving around in their cars, inside being unhealthy, using a huge tract of land for golf with a good cart, etc etc etc otherwise. Emtb's get people out in nature , being healthy and active and using vehicles less. There's a place for them and animal migration needs to be protected. It's a balance asshole. I bet my environmental impact is a fraction of yours. I also bet that I've pedaled 10x as much as you. With age and injuries I have to stretch a couple hrs everyday and before and after every ride. I cant ride everyday or string multiple days together until mid season. I want to be more consistent with my riding to avoid injury and ride how I know I can. I rarely shuttle. But I dont feel I owe self righteous assholes like yourself any explanation. Ever hear the phrase "stay in you're own lane"? You should try it. While youre in that lane try and consider there's people that may ride an emtb that have a less environmental footprint. More than a few substantially less. Fkn hypocrite

Level of lame depends on the potential abilities of the rider. If the rider is legitimately physically challenged beyond just being fat and out of shape eBike are a great solution to getting closer to regular biking. If the rider is just being lazy, might as well be on a hog or in a car. I feel the same way about motorized skateboards. If you should be able to handle a real pedestrian powered bike/board you shouldn't be puttering around in a motorized one.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ya that makes no sense. How are they the same as a hog or a car. You have to pedal. No gas etc. Also your workout is more biased towards the down with an emtb rather than a regular mtb. Do you ride chairlifts(skiing or biking)? Is downhill skiing from a chair not a workout? Do you shuttle with your bike? I have nothing against other activities(motorbiking, golf etc) just saying if your stacking up physical output and environmental footprint I think emtb is a fair bit higher on both those lists. All of them better than TV or ps4 in your 5000square ft house as far as sustainability. You guys should make some signs and go protest at the motoX track. Report back

#stayinyourownlane

Good one. I subscribe to loamwolf on YouTube and saw the vid on this comparison. This article describes it better/more detail. They seem pretty honest in their reviews and quite knowledgeable. I guess they aren't "paid reviews". Most reviews they do are regular mtb's/non emtb.
    Meta power has some of the better geometry ,in my opinion, not to mention the price. Not sure how their stocknis south of the border but commencal Canada has a few large and xl's remaining from last year even cheaper . Same bike as this years except this years has a burlier motor guard(I've heard they may throw in this years guard or atleast have done that in the UK)

Sounds like uninformed assholes like yourself are the problem
    Perspective bud. Look it up. The old fellow was exaggerating. Sure you can go farther. Can he go farther then a young fit buck? No he cant. Is he doing any greater environmental damage than he would otherwise?. Yes, but once again perspective. There's still a lot of benefits to have a participating healthy society. A lot of older people, people with injuries, people that work strenuous jobs all day would otherwise be 4 wheeling, motorbiking, driving around in their cars, inside being unhealthy, using a huge tract of land for golf with a good cart, etc etc etc otherwise. Emtb's get people out in nature , being healthy and active and using vehicles less. There's a place for them and animal migration needs to be protected. It's a balance asshole. I bet my environmental impact is a fraction of yours. I also bet that I've pedaled 10x as much as you. With age and injuries I have to stretch a couple hrs everyday and before and after every ride. I cant ride everyday or string multiple days together until mid season. I want to be more consistent with my riding to avoid injury and ride how I know I can. I rarely shuttle. But I dont feel I owe self righteous assholes like yourself any explanation. Ever hear the phrase "stay in you're own lane"? You should try it. While youre in that lane try and consider there's people that may ride an emtb that have a less environmental footprint. More than a few substantially less. Fkn hypocrite

Perspective doesn't matter. Money and political sway matter.

Ebikers don't really seem to have either (well, they probably have money, but they're not throwing it towards trail access). Good intentions and logical arguments get you roughly nowhere.

At least in region 1, conservationists have the money and power. That's your problem. Mildly skeptical mountain bikers are waaaaay down on the list of problems for ebike access.

"Our"problem. You're caving to the whims of the Sierra club and throwing eebers under the bus. Governments are quickly excepting them in the same class as mtb. I've noticed in the UK (Canada is probably just behind the UK in as far as access, then the US) cycling clubs are seeing increased membership and increased trail access lobby. LBS' are seeing increased sales(lbs is also able to increase their cycling club sponsorship because of it). In the UK they've gone from 8-10 people in the emtb race category to this year with 60 plus and growing fast. These people are fit, active and engaged in the community. I see what you mean that there is a demographic that latches on to emtb's to just get out there with less effort. It's a start and a good hook to get otherwise uninterested people out there. I had different groups of friends that bought mt bikes over the years and , like new years resolution gym memberships, embraced them for a month or so but then they collected dust and/or sold them. The same people I later took shuttling. They were down with that . Road lots, bought bikes, lift passes and it became their "thing". Many people not just one or 2. Most of them have full suspension trail/enduro bikes now and it's still "their thing". For years I tried to get people to ride. No one was into it apart from 8-10 other locals. I'd see tread Mark's a week after they'd been on a trail around town(banff is a ski town) and know who it was from their tread combos. Now everyone has a bike and gets out there. Many are integral to the cycling community at large. You dont think emtb can have a similar effect? You were around to see all this happen. They're all not going to be digging dirt and build trail but it takes a community and it's a bigger voice. To suggest that anyone that buys an emtb is somehow different than all the others that accepted an easier ride into the "club" just isn't true. I've seen it and am seeing it. I'd suggest you lurk around tge emtb forums a bit(if you dont already). Nice people that aren't dissimilar from you or i(well maybe you , I'm not that nice )

I’m sure the Ebike industry will agree on a battery mounting standard just as soon as the cordless power tool industry unifies. You just wait, 2020 will be the year that you can stick a Milwaukee battery in a Makita drill!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Thatd be dope. Shit ton of dewalts in the shop. Sadly the bike industry is allergic to standards

Good one. I subscribe to loamwolf on YouTube and saw the vid on this comparison. This article describes it better/more detail. They seem pretty honest in their reviews and quite knowledgeable. I guess they aren't "paid reviews". Most reviews they do are regular mtb's/non emtb.
    Meta power has some of the better geometry ,in my opinion, not to mention the price. Not sure how their stocknis south of the border but commencal Canada has a few large and xl's remaining from last year even cheaper . Same bike as this years except this years has a burlier motor guard(I've heard they may throw in this years guard or atleast have done that in the UK)

There is another guy that does all kinds of different electric bike reviews. Electricbikereview.com
    He is not much on Mtn bike side of it but covers a pretty much everything else.

I have learned a lot just watching various videos. Enough to be a better informed consumer.

I am hoping in the future the weight of the bikes over all can come down as well as costs.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    There is another guy that does all kinds of different electric bike reviews. Electricbikereview.com
    He is not much on Mtn bike side of it but covers a pretty much everything else.

I have learned a lot just watching various videos. Enough to be a better informed consumer.

I am hoping in the future the weight of the bikes over all can come down as well as costs.
    He kind of wings it with mtb's. Kind of our if his element but it's good to see how the electronics and motors relate to the mountain bikes. He's all about the electronics and motors(displays , integration, torque sensors). Lot of interesting bikes on there(commuter and cargos). I wish someone would tell him the difference between slack and steep head angle. Its painful.
    This guy is good with both mountain bike aspect of the emtb's as well as the E part. He always has the same gone and skmetime throws in a joke in the same tone. Cracks me up
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpS...fJcGXdn631neUg

I'm ok with the weight because you can do so much in the day with these bikes, but yes, closer to 40lbs would be a good balance for planted and playful. It's pretty much there and advancing quick. Who knows with price. There's some good deals out there but then finding a good deal that's 1. Sold in North America 2. Available stock(they sell out quick) 3. Reasonable length chainstay(almost a 2nd thought for some designs it seems and impossible with a Bosch or Yamaha motor). Again all that will change soon or atleast have more options. Some will still have prices that are out of reach

I'm ok with the weight.
    My haibike 180 (front and rear) weighs 52 lbs, and rides great

My threshold is going to be 35 pounds.
    I can wait.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I'm ok with the weight.
    My haibike 180 (front and rear) weighs 52 lbs, and rides great

That’s where I’m at “ok”. If they could be lighter “sure”. The amount of fun outweighs(pardon the pun) the negatives. 180 travel kenevo weighs the same as your haibike.
    Dood on the emtb forum did this levo up to 180 front and rear. It started as a basic aluminium model. Not sure of the weight. If it was the carbon model it would be close to 40lbs
    Name:  5F4D8CFE-A0D6-4BB9-956C-D5C72DE716AD.jpeg
Views: 391
Size:  175.0 KB

One other Utoob channel with good info is Electric Mtn bike network. Couple of Brits but they seem pretty passionate about emtn bikes.

I too would be happy if they could get the weight down to sub 45 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    One other Utoob channel with good info is Electric Mtn bike network. Couple of Brits but they seem pretty passionate about emtn bikes.

I too would be happy if they could get the weight down to sub 45 lbs.
    Lots of good content on there. The MBA of EMTB.

Rob tests lots of bikes. He runs "emtb forums"
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxV...grIvWBjf4lWRBA

Flow have equal amounts mtb and emtb
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FlowMountainBike

Ebike commute commenced this week
    I couldn't be happier to put the car away for the summer
    This is where ebikes really rule
    can't wipe the grin off my face and diminishing traffic congestion too- win!
    skid luxury

Tomorrow... It's just 15 or so hours away. I'm not usually a patient person so this has been pretty painful.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    Ebike commute commenced this week
    I couldn't be happier to put the car away for the summer
    This is where ebikes really rule
    can't wipe the grin off my face and diminishing traffic congestion too- win!

What bike did you get?

Re: trail access...

Just because she’ll let you fuck her doesn’t mean you can stick it in her ass. ;-)

TGR used to have more der poopenhausen references, so consider this a throwback analogy.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Yes maybe an aftermarket company can come up with a battery that attaches to any bike with plug in adapters. With larger capacity batteries becoming the norm(700ish W) it should be ez to cram a smaller 400 or 500 W battery in any internal. Adapter and a carrier shell for different bikes to hold the smaller battery. I've no problem carrying an extra in a back pack. It's best if bike companies have their batteries easily removable. I'd probably be ok with a single large capacity battery if I wasn't travelling. Still nice to have options for another battery to swap in. Axiom needs to start making batteries

Just noticed this, there are a couple companies that offer aftermarket aux batteries for the One Wheel...One guy routinely does 200 mile days on a board with a stock range of 18 miles.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's