Page 167 of 197 FirstFirst ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yeah, that pesky motorized thingy.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    BRB, gonna go climb blade reversal.

An ebike just makes too much sense here in the PNW where many/most rides are big climbs leading to sustained steep descents all the way down. I feel like ebikes might not be as ideal for rolling/punchy XC trails, or for mellower flowy undulating trails. IDK. Im just waiting for 2-3 years after ebikes are dialed in, so i can grab a used one for less than the cost of my car.
    Ebike on flowy xc trail is gold. This is especially true when accompanied by a singing two year old girl stoked out of her mind on a Mac Ride.

Side note: the macride is fantastic. My daughter is comfortable riding bermy flow track on it. We don't catch air since she's not wearing a full face and no drifting allowed. I've avoided bumpy trails as I'm not sure how much force gets transmitted to her melon.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Ebike on flowy xc trail is gold. This is especially true when accompanied by a singing two year old girl stoked out of her mind on a Mac Ride.

Side note: the macride is fantastic. My daughter is comfortable riding bermy flow track on it. We don't catch air since she's not wearing a full face and no drifting allowed. I've avoided bumpy trails as I'm not sure how much force gets transmitted to her melon.

The $200 I spent on a macride was the best money I have ever spent on bike parts. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656171716.400102.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	969.3 KB 
ID:	419843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656171746.376623.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	419844 I was able to ride just about everything with him on the front except the really tech stuff. We even did a few rock rolls (dont tell mom)

The best part was when I asked him one morning what we should do on our ride and he said “ dad I just want to do jumps, berms and roots”.

I don’t have any pics of us after I modified it to fit the ebike as mom couldn’t keep up then. In hind sight I really wish I would have put a GoPro on the bars to capture his expressions and stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    The $200 I spent on a macride was the best money I have ever spent on bike parts. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656171716.400102.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	969.3 KB 
ID:	419843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656171746.376623.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	419844 I was able to ride just about everything with him on the front except the really tech stuff. We even did a few rock rolls (dont tell mom)

The best part was when I asked him one morning what we should do on our ride and he said “ dad I just want to do jumps, berms and roots”.

I don’t have any pics of us after I modified it to fit the ebike as mom couldn’t keep up then. In hind sight I really wish I would have put a GoPro on the bars to capture his expressions and stoke.
    So true! I put the gopro on the other day. Just need to edit it on my wife's ancient MacBookair.

I'm hesitant to hit anything rocky or air with my daughter on the macride. Afraid it will be too bouncy and scramble her brain. Once she is standing more, perhaps.

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    So true! I put the gopro on the other day. Just need to edit it on my wife's ancient MacBookair.

I'm hesitant to hit anything rocky or air with my daughter on the macride. Afraid it will be too bouncy and scramble her brain. Once she is standing more, perhaps.
    Age 3~4 is prime time with the shotgun seats. Their necks are strong enough you can legitimately ride good stuff, just dont F'ck up. Now that my son is too big for the shotgun seat, we are starting to tow... for a few weeks I kept trying to get him to go, and he kept saying, maybe next time. I finally asked him why he didnt want to go and he asked me if he had to do the rock rolls or "tree gap jumps" on his bike. Once I assured him that was not the case, he was totally in for riding the trails on his bike.

Electric Bike Thread

“Lap 2 - everybody is already regretting their life choices”

E cargo bike race in amsterdam
    Fred dads race

There is a used Rad Rover on CL for almost the price of a new one. I'll add that greedy clueless sellers on CL seem to be common in my neck of the woods. What would you say a reasonable discount for a used Ebike? 20-30%? What is the downside of buying a basic ebike that's 1-3 years old? Battery life?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    There is a used Rad Rover on CL for almost the price of a new one. I'll add that greedy clueless sellers on CL seem to be common in my neck of the woods. What would you say a reasonable discount for a used Ebike? 20-30%? What is the downside of buying a basic ebike that's 1-3 years old? Battery life?
    Yeah, batteries have a finite number of charges / discharges and the condition of the battery will depend a bit on how they stored it / cared for it. If it's a few years old, I'd probably be looking for a ~40% discount from new. Not sure if they're get-able at that price, but if they're not, I'd probably just buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I only got out on 1 ride after the 5" of snow, the Bullit does handle snow amazingly well but mtn biking is done, till spring

Besides snow shutting down the mtn biking after a couple months riding/ 600kms/ 50hrs the Bullit is throwing an E010 code 45 seconds after startup which is a system error which really doesnt say much, it is the same error I get if the bike moves at all during a power-on sequence, normaly I just re-boot but that is not working

Shopbro said to make sure that battery interface is really clean, so i cleaned the contacts also put contact enhancer on the electrical connections, I connected via bluetooth with the Shimano E-tube program to update the firmware to the latest ( it was .1 down) read the error codes but all it sez is I got E010 system errors which I already know and I still get the system error throwing codes,

I'm not riding it anyhow not much of a rush to get it fixed so i will just take it in at xmas
    Ok so i figured out what was going on with the E010 code, I didnt physicaly do anything to fix it cuz its been firmware all along

from day 1 the E010 had been intermittent until bike was completely dead sitting in my dinning room, so I was taking bike to the dealer at Xmas and it starts working 100% perfect so there is no point in taking it in

I start riding it this spring and E010 shows up eventualy becomes a solid bug but i figure it out that if I can get the bike going before it thro's code E010 I can ride it all day so its kinda like having to bump start a car

shop bro asks if I checked firmware which I already did back in the fall but I check it again and there is a new level of Firmware so I down load DU-EP00 4.1.8 Dec 20/2021

10 months/ 1000km/a whole lot of WTF/ 2 down loads later it runs perfect, if you count the firmware it came with i'm on the 3rd set of firmware, the original was not very good, the first down load didn't fix anything the second down load finlay doing the trick

it strikes me that we are now driving computers with 2 wheels, this whole clusterfuck reminds me of working for the mother corp, IBM
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-05-2022 at 01:59 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Funny, the firmware on my 2016 Pivot is still up to date. On another note I see the folks at the Y/C riding their E-bikes all over the place except on the trails. The wealthy are so weird.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Im hearing there will be a push for ul certified batteries. All the bigger traditiinal bike companies already use ul certified batteries but 80% of the market use low grade batteries and we could see a backlash after a rash of fires. Theres been a number of fires in apartments and the cheap scooters and cheap ebikes etc have been to blame. It could lead to all E being painted with one brush despite the quality emtb companies having no issues

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Funny, the firmware on my 2016 Pivot is still up to date.
    i wonder if your wife would concur ?

In their house they call it flaccidware

Is someones bottom hurting?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

If that was directed at me , nah im just swinging at softballs, no pun or animus intended

New motors & automatic shifting, new EP6 and new EP8, new stuff from Shimano designed to really piss off bunion 2020 in new and automatic ways

OOOh I am soooo pissed.

It is still a Mo-ped.

well its automatic

altho I bet you still jerk off manualy

Seems to me automatic shifting is better suited to the commuter / town Ebikes. It addresses a problem that doesn’t exist on EMTBs. I do hope the new motor fixes the damn rattle tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    Seems to me automatic shifting is better suited to the commuter / town Ebikes. It addresses a problem that doesn’t exist on EMTBs. I do hope the new motor fixes the damn rattle tho.
    This.

Although having ridden one of those old automatic drivetrains with the shifting that happened via centrifugal weights on the spokes, I'm still a bit skeptical. You don't realize how much you come to anticipate a shift until you have no idea when the shift is going to actually happen and then it clunks into the next gear at the worst possible moment. I'm 100% sure the new Shimano system will work much, much better than those old auto-shift systems, but I still bet it'll be undesirable for anyone that's familiar with how to shift a bike. Might be good for clueless gapers though (which there are plenty of, and they have money).

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well its automatic

altho I bet you still jerk off manualy
    Damn right Jackie.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    This.

Although having ridden one of those old automatic drivetrains with the shifting that happened via centrifugal weights on the spokes, I'm still a bit skeptical. You don't realize how much you come to anticipate a shift until you have no idea when the shift is going to actually happen and then it clunks into the next gear at the worst possible moment. I'm 100% sure the new Shimano system will work much, much better than those old auto-shift systems, but I still bet it'll be undesirable for anyone that's familiar with how to shift a bike. Might be good for clueless gapers though (which there are plenty of, and they have money).
    I didnt ride it but they had a demo at interbike back in 2004

Apparently you can do still shift this new Shimano manualy

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    This.

Although having ridden one of those old automatic drivetrains with the shifting that happened via centrifugal weights on the spokes, I'm still a bit skeptical.
    What are you talking about those things were awesome and obviously the pinnacle of engineering in the industry.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    What are you talking about those things were awesome and obviously the pinnacle of engineering in the industry.
    are you sure you wouldn't rather jerk off manualy ?

I think I seen those drive trains on maybe a 300$ bike

Theres still a derailleur. Time to ditch those things all together. Until then a friend is running 8speed 11-46 and he found an 11-48. Microshift 8spd shifter, $20 8spd chain, gx 12 der. Works amazing all the time. Especially majes sense for the eeb. He's taking discarded derailleurs out of tge parts bin at the bike shop. The old ders work like dogshit on 12 spd cassettes and still work like a charm on the 8 spd cassette