Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 192 193 194 195 196 197
Results 4,901 to 4,912 of 4912

I finally joined the party with a Niner WFO e9. I went for a little ride to get acquainted on some familiar trails. Holy shit was that fun. I think the new bike will see more use than the moto this summer. At least until I run out of talent and hurt myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoBeak View Post
    I finally joined the party with a Niner WFO e9. I went for a little ride to get acquainted on some familiar trails. Holy shit was that fun. I think the new bike will see more use than the moto this summer. At least until I run out of talent and hurt myself.
    It is nuts. I didn't ride my moto last summer once other than a couple trials bike sessions. The ebike is that much fun.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

[QUOTE=skinipenem;7070184]It is nuts. I didn't ride my moto last summer once other than a couple trials bike sessions. The ebike is that much fun.

Actually SOLD the moto to fund the ebike last Fall. Zero regrets, especially since most of the trails we were riding out in the Big Holes on the moto are ridiculously fun on the ebike. Also probably scored a few bonus points with the wifey as I usually ended up riding solo on a bunch of moto rides and safety-wise probably wasn't the smartest move..... I'm still not giving up pedalling the amish bike by no means but the ebike has been an amazing addition to the quiver. Now to line up an ebike for the wifey.....

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I wonder if the guys servicing motors add seals? I think in reading about the guy that services the shimanos, that i follow, was adding seals. I know he's always stressing a particular grease he swears by but i think seals were mentioned.
    I think the new ep801 has a focus on being well sealed and the motor is supposed to pull much better. I'd take that with a grain of salt though and its still not going to be as efficient with the battery. Biggest thing people notice going from shimano to brose or bosch is how much longer they can use boost/turbo. I only have a 540w battery and i try and squeeze in as much eco and trail mode as i can. Eco or trail on pave or rail trail on the way to the mtb trails. A lot of days i wish i had more or its some serious battery management. New sram system is pretty attractive and then brose' new 48v is another step with the added heat management 48v will accomplish. 48v and some added sealing and it may be it but then are we going to get some good options with pinion mgu next year? I think i'll milk mine another year with maybe a 720w battery and/or a cheap rebuilt ep8 upgrade then sell it with the ep8 and rebuilt e8000 with both batteries in a yr or so

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app
    I been using boost only for the last 2 yrs 4000 km all at low speed, with a 630w battery I can be in boost for about 3-4 hrs depending on what i'm doing after which i'm ready for a beer but I almost never run it flat doing just real mtn biking

My POV is I bought a bike with a motor some people treat it like a motor with a bike, but we are stuck with the motor/ battery the mfger spec'ed the bike with and i bought a Sanata Cruz Bullit, the shimano mtr was the incidental part. I hear all kinds of smack talk on shimano and there is all kinds of on-line smack talk about the other brands but no body really knows the stats, also the majority might be people who don't really mtb, its all anecdotal so just ride the bike
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-20-2024 at 10:04 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I been using boost only for the last 2 yrs 4000 km all at low speed, with a 630w battery I can be in boost for about 3-4 hrs depending on what i'm doing after which i'm ready for a beer but I almost never run it flat doing just real mtn biking

My POV is I bought a bike with a motor some people treat it like a motor with a bike, but we are stuck with the motor/ battery the mfger spec'ed the bike with and i bought a Sanata Cruz Bullit, the shimano mtr was the incidental part. I hear all kinds of smack talk on shimano and there is all kinds of on-line smack talk about the other brands but no body really knows the stats, also the majority might be people who don't really mtb, its all anecdotal so just ride the bike
    I keep fairly up on it because i want to be prepared if/when something goes wrong with my motor. I see this guy in poland refurbishes ep8's with seals and the super quality grease and sells them at a decent price. The ep8 uses the same battery as my e8000 but i just need to splice in a couple connectors to plug my speed sensor and handlebar computer to the ep8. Then ill have 85nm! Up 15nm from my e8000 and his ep8's are a bit better sealed. I avoid riding muddy days as it is so this e8000 has faired well now w 6000km on it now/touch wood. The new ep801 sounds like theyve done a fair bit of improving but its a different system so its no cross compatible. Bosch still hauls the best and can be rebuilt in most countries and gives the most mileage/battery watt so ill probably skip the ep801 and get a bosch bike. Thats the reason a number of companies have changed from shimano to bosch. Im in no rush though. Might just try and swap in a refurbished ep8 and a 720 w battery and milk that for a couple years and hopefully we'll have access to motor gearbox unit(mgu) emtb's by then. Belt drive with a supersealed mgu seems like the dream. 10 minute oil change once a year, swap some brake pads and tires and gtg

Sent from my SM-S711W using TGR Forums mobile app

yeah I read postings on the same site, you get some wanker telling the blog he used to race and he uses the proper cadence which is why motors fail but thats not why EP8's get E010, they fail cuz they are a computer with 2 wheels and sometimes computers just quit working the polish guy knows shit but still i wonder what he can actualy fix with seals & grease cuz the vast majority of reported motor killing problems reported by the end loser are E010 which is suposed to be a sensor or sft and unless he has a way to deal with that WTF eh ? btw I had a lot of intermitent E010 which went away after Shimano went to firmware 4.1.8

I do think you want to keep the EP8 away from water, fortunatley my area is pretty well drained

If the EP8 quit working today I think I would just buy a new EP8 from Shimano

As motors go I think eventualy the pinion with a belt drive will be where its at but thats probably still some years off cuz you gotta market & distribute it
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-20-2024 at 12:07 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I heard the reason most EP8’s fail is a simple lack of punctuation.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah I read postings on the same site, you get some wanker telling the blog he used to race and he uses the proper cadence which is why motors fail but thats not why EP8's get E010, they fail cuz they are a computer with 2 wheels and sometimes computers just quit working the polish guy knows shit but still i wonder what he can actualy fix with seals & grease cuz the vast majority of reported motor killing problems reported by the end loser are E010 which is suposed to be a sensor or sft and unless he has a way to deal with that WTF eh ? btw I had a lot of intermitent E010 which went away after Shimano went to firmware 4.1.8

I do think you want to keep the EP8 away from water, fortunatley my area is pretty well drained

If the EP8 quit working today I think I would just buy a new EP8 from Shimano

As motors go I think eventualy the pinion with a belt drive will be where its at but thats probably still some years off cuz you gotta market & distribute it
    You got lucky. E010 is usually, almost all of the time, the torque sensor braking off inside. Looks like the polish guy might be able to fix it. It also looks like the motors he throws away are destroyed from water/mud ingress. The bearings go, axle gets destroyed and motherboard contaminated. An annual grease and avoiding soaking them probably goes a long ways in preserving them. I think he puts a newer/better seal in them. Ive yet to find someone in n america working on shimano though. So bosch still rules for rebuild, parts , power, efficiency, and durability. If you think the durabilities of the motors are similar you still have 4 of definitive reasons to buy bosch. I'd consider a rocky mt/dyname but i think i might miss motor overun and i might even consider a brose/sram now as tge horror story failures seem to have tapered off. Pinion have big $ behind them. I think porsche owns them now. Reviews look quite good from the first few trials thatve came out. People want them yesterday. I wouldnt be surprised if we have a number of bike choices with them next year so maybe ill get one the following year

Sent from my SM-S711W using TGR Forums mobile app

[QUOTE=GravityDT;7070203]
    Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    It is nuts. I didn't ride my moto last summer once other than a couple trials bike sessions. The ebike is that much fun.

Actually SOLD the moto to fund the ebike last Fall. Zero regrets, especially since most of the trails we were riding out in the Big Holes on the moto are ridiculously fun on the ebike. Also probably scored a few bonus points with the wifey as I usually ended up riding solo on a bunch of moto rides and safety-wise probably wasn't the smartest move..... I'm still not giving up pedalling the amish bike by no means but the ebike has been an amazing addition to the quiver. Now to line up an ebike for the wifey.....
    The ebike is replacing the trials bike for me. I bought it mostly for a different way to ride a lot of familiar moto trails. Not that I'm totally bored with moto, just looking to bring some new fun to my riding. Kind of like trying tele if you get bored with a fixed heel. Except ebikes are actually fun! I'll be bringing the moto and the ebike for a visit with friends in Alta and the Big Holes this summer.

[QUOTE=MotoBeak;7070857]
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post

The ebike is replacing the trials bike for me. I bought it mostly for a different way to ride a lot of familiar moto trails. Not that I'm totally bored with moto, just looking to bring some new fun to my riding. Kind of like trying tele if you get bored with a fixed heel. Except ebikes are actually fun! I'll be bringing the moto and the ebike for a visit with friends in Alta and the Big Holes this summer.
    Gimme a holler if you like, I could show you some stuff. Heads up, though, this is basically no e-biking allowed at Targhee and the other trails in Alta. (WY). The Big Holes is where it’s at.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Team EEB:

How do you ship an eMTB from Canada (Whistler) to the US (Truckee, CA)? I'm wanting to buy a Transition Repeater I've found, but need it to cross the Maple-Brodozer Divide.

BikeFlights will ship the ebike so long as the battery is removed, and they suggest finding another company to ship the battery. https://faq.bikeflights.com/support/...ternationally-

My question is: who ships lithium eMTB batteries from Canada to the US?? Bonus points if you know the ballpark cost. My Google-Fu is coming up empty.
    sproing!