Page 96 of 197 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 4901
    Sounds like you're advancing the idea that E-bikers are a bunch of Jerk-offs.

Very well, carry on.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I love long technical energetic days and huge climbs on on my mountain bike (and multi day sufferfest ski tours) but I’m under no illusion that the masses feel the same way. E-bikes make mountain biking easier, and most people are looking for maximum ease in every facet of their life. My community is wrestling with the issue right now, and we’re moving towards (it’s allot of work behind the scenes) permitting E-bikes on most of our trails. The only justifiable reason we’ve identified for limiting E-bike access is on trails where effort currently acts as a filter and where there are legitimate concerns (environmental impact, trail sustainability, or user safety) about over use. That said, we’re making policy for the community as it is now (mostly mountain bikers), whereas in 10 years it’s entirely possible that actual mountain bikers will be as rare and considered as kooky as single speed hard tailers are now.

Quote Originally Posted by livefreerdie View Post
    I don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole because for me it comes down to having a motor or not and how that affects my access. But for the sake of clarity. In the USA, 750 watts:
    Class 1. Pedal assist up to 20mph
    Class 2. Throttle up to 20mph
    Class 3. Pedal assist up to 28mph.
    No requirements for how to measure, label or enforce at the moment.

for reference:
    TdF racer. 450 watts
    European e-bike. 250 watts
    Canadian e-bike. 500 watts
    Actually class 1 is supposed to be 500. Some of the better battery packs, like mine, are testing out to higher numbers after a bit of use but it's still speed limited to 20mph. In fact my assist cuts out at 18 but really, how often is that a problem? Never. For trail use class 1 is sufficient and for me could even come down 5mph but I don't think class 2 and 3 really have a place. On pavement sure but not off road. Anything with a throttle really ought to have lights and turn signals and, as with class 3, since it has the ability to meet or exceed the speed limits in many places ought to as well because they are being used in public thoroughfares. I think class 3 should also need a similar registration and insurance as scooters that go up to 30mph, same performance used in the same place should mean they need the same documentation.

37 years ago I had a 50cc Honda scooter that was classified as a moped even though it didn't have pedals and had a 2 speed semi auto transmission. It did 29mph wound up going downhill with a tailwind but I needed license plates, full compliment of lights, an integrated horn, full face Snell rated helmet and in NY motorcycle insurance was necessary (still is for scooters). Why don't class 2 and 3 e-bikes have to meet those same requirements? The under 20 category is pretty much unregulated but is restricted to road use.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    It’s like going bisexual. Once you feels the love, you’re gonna keep going back for more. Once you find out your mom and the church think it’s bad you stop talking about it, but you sure as hell don’t stop doing it. Some towns even call it sodomy and make it illegal, but you know better.
    Once in a while a friend boasts that he’s never done it. You say “You’re such a good person with a strong character” and quietly walk away thinking they’re either pathetic or full of shit.
    Good analogy. Some people try it and love it, others try it and hate it, and others are too offended to even think about it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    Sounds like you're advancing the idea that E-bikers are a bunch of Jerk-offs.

Very well, carry on.
    Im guessing youre not a morning person. I can empathize. You might want to consider a good snap. You seem tense buddeh

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

This guy is good. I think the best reviews. He should have more people subscribing to his channel. Id recommend it. He's very balanced in stating facts and his opinions

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Actually class 1 is supposed to be 500. Some of the better battery packs, like mine, are testing out to higher numbers after a bit of use but it's still speed limited to 20mph. In fact my assist cuts out at 18 but really, how often is that a problem? Never. For trail use class 1 is sufficient and for me could even come down 5mph but I don't think class 2 and 3 really have a place. On pavement sure but not off road. Anything with a throttle really ought to have lights and turn signals and, as with class 3, since it has the ability to meet or exceed the speed limits in many places ought to as well because they are being used in public thoroughfares. I think class 3 should also need a similar registration and insurance as scooters that go up to 30mph, same performance used in the same place should mean they need the same documentation.

37 years ago I had a 50cc Honda scooter that was classified as a moped even though it didn't have pedals and had a 2 speed semi auto transmission. It did 29mph wound up going downhill with a tailwind but I needed license plates, full compliment of lights, an integrated horn, full face Snell rated helmet and in NY motorcycle insurance was necessary (still is for scooters). Why don't class 2 and 3 e-bikes have to meet those same requirements? The under 20 category is pretty much unregulated but is restricted to road use.
    I love my class 3 townie, but yup, it feels a little dangerous sometimes. I definitely crashed twice the first month I had it cuz I overcooked turns

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yep, it takes a bit of getting used to.
    watch out for snakes

Someone said this in a post earlier and it really does sum it all up pretty well

"I personally don't like it therefore you shouldn't be allowed to do it. And if you persist in doing what I don't like I'm going to spend my time (shaming - insert appropriate denigrating term here) you. - 2019"

Well, the fear is that some ‘doing what they like’ may lead to the closure of places where other people have been ‘doing what they like’ for 30 years.
    Take this with a grain of salt, as I will probably get an ebike for all of the motorized trails we have, where there is no problem sharing.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I love long technical energetic days and huge climbs on on my mountain bike (and multi day sufferfest ski tours) but I’m under no illusion that the masses feel the same way. E-bikes make mountain biking easier, and most people are looking for maximum ease in every facet of their life. My community is wrestling with the issue right now, and we’re moving towards (it’s allot of work behind the scenes) permitting E-bikes on most of our trails. The only justifiable reason we’ve identified for limiting E-bike access is on trails where effort currently acts as a filter and where there are legitimate concerns (environmental impact, trail sustainability, or user safety) about over use. That said, we’re making policy for the community as it is now (mostly mountain bikers), whereas in 10 years it’s entirely possible that actual mountain bikers will be as rare and considered as kooky as single speed hard tailers are now.
    Awesome! We love Rossland, maybe my favorite place of all time - lived there a couple Winters years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Well, the fear is that some ‘doing what they like’ may lead to the closure of places where other people have been ‘doing what they like’ for 30 years.
    Take this with a grain of salt, as I will probably get an ebike for all of the motorized trails we have, where there is no problem sharing.
    I'm buying an ebike specifically for the pacific crest trail.

I don't blame fellow bikers. I'm going after the real assholes that turn bikers into cowering little cry babies when it comes to land use.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Fear, its a hell of a control mechanism.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I'm buying an ebike specifically for the pacific crest trail.

I don't blame fellow bikers. I'm going after the real assholes that turn bikers into cowering little cry babies when it comes to land use.
    I’m gonna ride to the top of the Grand at night when no one’s looking.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    This is good news, I was a little surprised at the amount of no ebike signs and trails listed on trail forks in the west koots that were not ebike friendly. As much as I liked my first trip there I would not come back with my wife because she couldn't bring her new e bike.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen dramatically reduced charge states with the cold? I accidentally left my bike in the driveway the other night and in the morning it was down from full charge to 2 bars. After a minute of riding it was up a bit and another minute brought it back to full (on the screen) charge as the battery warmed up.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Has anyone seen dramatically reduced charge states with the cold? I accidentally left my bike in the driveway the other night and in the morning it was down from full charge to 2 bars. After a minute of riding it was up a bit and another minute brought it back to full (on the screen) charge as the battery warmed up.
    I've left mine in the unheated garage on a few -10ºF nights so far this winter and expected reduced battery but it didn't happen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191115_164801.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	302658

What about all the Strava KOMs?! Sure, Levi was nice enough to change the category to e-bike when he smoked a couple big laps recently, but what about all the cheaters? e-bikes are gonna kill Strava!

Whats strava ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    What about all the Strava KOMs?! Sure, Levi was nice enough to change the category to e-bike when he smoked a couple big laps recently, but what about all the cheaters? e-bikes are gonna kill Strava!
    So?

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Tttttttriggered

why would anyone be triggered? it's a 16,000 freedom dollar full blown motorcycle...they're pretty cool, and if they were a lot cheaper I might even be interested in one, doesn't really have anything to do with mountain biking though.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I’ve been seriously considering a new Strava account with the name NinoSchurter. But then I’d have to use Strava.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    why would anyone be triggered? it's a 16,000 freedom dollar full blown motorcycle...they're pretty cool, and if they were a lot cheaper I might even be interested in one, doesn't really have anything to do with mountain biking though.
    Ok testy. You sound a bit testy bro