Page 91 of 197 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4901
    Climb, climb up the mountain, ride down the other side!

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

They're trying too hard to make that look exciting.

Well, it is exciting. Hard to do this on a non electric.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Having fun

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Encouraging people to climb up trails/stuff that people descending/hiking etc. will not expect them to be climbing... what's the worst that could happen? Already seeing stupid behaviour like this on the shore.

Well now that you are aware, should not be a problem, eh?

I want a class 4 ebike permit to be included with my $10 Golden Ager Forever National Park pass.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Well, it is exciting. Hard to do this on a non electric.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

And some might say that is the freaking point.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Encouraging people to climb up trails/stuff that people descending/hiking etc. will not expect them to be climbing... what's the worst that could happen? Already seeing stupid behaviour like this on the shore.
    Pretty much the same logic people use wanting to ban trail biking all together.

Its not like theres a rash of conflicts. A bunch of hyperbolic forecasting by the triggered. Why not just ride your bike and mind your own fkn bidness? Is that so hard? I still stop for downhill and uphill traffic. Common courtesy still applies. Zero issues. News flash: crowded populstion centers will have crowded trails. Stoopid people do stoopid things E or non E. The self appointed trail police need to fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Well now that you are aware, should not be a problem, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Pretty much the same logic people use wanting to ban trail biking all together.
    The solution is one way trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The solution is one way trails.
    In some cases, Yes. A lot of the time 2 way is fine. The conflicts are so isolated

Saying the solution is one way trails is like saying the solution is more trails and more acres of public land and more people in government motivated to help our user group. Great concepts, not happening any time soon. Work with what you've got.

Fortunately where we're at it's not so crowded. There are passionate folks out there who have threatened physical or legal attack on Ebikes if seen on trails, but that's the online personalities. Out in the wild, we tend to go unnoticed. That said, I've taken a Fight Club mentality. Don't talk about it, especially online (local forums, etc). Take the bike out, don't be a dick, avoid crowded trails and parking lots. When I see groups of bikers standing around, I either go the other way or I just ride through with brief hello and don't stop to chat. When I'm coming up, and someone else is coming down, I pull over and make sure they know it's cool to pass. It's the same thing I did on an analog bike, except it has way less negative impact on me to stop and start again.
    Basically, I'm hoping people slowly get exposed to the fact that ebikes (my ebike) are out there and are just like the other bikes. Desensitize and it's not that big a deal. We'll see how it goes.

Meanwhile, I sprained the shit out of my ankle last weekend. So I'm hitting some gravel on the ebike with my wife today. Something I would NEVER do on the analog bike. Turns out, the ebike is super low impact on my ankle, and being able to actually move along at a nice pace is kind of fun.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Saw an e-bike today w a throttle hauling ass - no peddling required. Pretty soon these will be no different than motorcycles, but hard to distinguish from peddle powered bikes. This is gonna be a problematic enforcement issue for non-motorized areas which will probably end up w attempts to ban all bikes

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Saying the solution is one way trails is like saying the solution is more trails and more acres of public land and more people in government motivated to help our user group. Great concepts, not happening any time soon. Work with what you've got.

Fortunately where we're at it's not so crowded. There are passionate folks out there who have threatened physical or legal attack on Ebikes if seen on trails, but that's the online personalities. Out in the wild, we tend to go unnoticed. That said, I've taken a Fight Club mentality. Don't talk about it, especially online (local forums, etc). Take the bike out, don't be a dick, avoid crowded trails and parking lots. When I see groups of bikers standing around, I either go the other way or I just ride through with brief hello and don't stop to chat. When I'm coming up, and someone else is coming down, I pull over and make sure they know it's cool to pass. It's the same thing I did on an analog bike, except it has way less negative impact on me to stop and start again.
    Basically, I'm hoping people slowly get exposed to the fact that ebikes (my ebike) are out there and are just like the other bikes. Desensitize and it's not that big a deal. We'll see how it goes.

Meanwhile, I sprained the shit out of my ankle last weekend. So I'm hitting some gravel on the ebike with my wife today. Something I would NEVER do on the analog bike. Turns out, the ebike is super low impact on my ankle, and being able to actually move along at a nice pace is kind of fun.
    Exactly what ive been doing. Just do my thing until people are up on them. Ez to stop and let people pass.Night rides are more enjoyable too. Keep the flow a bit better and counteract the apprehension when its dark and the shadows from the light can trip you up on a root or rock.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Saw an e-bike today w a throttle hauling ass - no peddling required. Pretty soon these will be no different than motorcycles, but hard to distinguish from peddle powered bikes. This is gonna be a problematic enforcement issue for non-motorized areas which will probably end up w attempts to ban all bikes
    If you keep going with that theyll probably start the next world war. Youre slacking. Put a little more effort in your hyperbole

The sky is falling?

I think I will go ride my bike.

And not be a dick.
    watch out for snakes

please stop calling it a bike, it is an electric moped.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    please stop calling it a bike, it is an electric moped.
    Mopedalped?

Triggered by a bike/sad

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Triggered by a bike/sad

You seem a bit defensive about your electric motorcycles. I think you’re the one that’s a bit triggered. Or throttled.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    You seem a bit defensive about your electric motorcycles. I think you’re the one that’s a bit triggered. Or throttled.
    Possibly, but your observation about the throttle bike strikes a chord. You’ve made a massive leap from having seen one to predicting the massive negative impact it’ll eventually have on yourself and the rest of the world. Those kinds of baseless predictions made in an effort to demonize a group will surely result in a defensive response.
    Dcurious, did the throttle bike do anything to actually disrupt your experience that day?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I’m back from my bike ride, did I miss anything?
    watch out for snakes

Nah, its always fun razzin the slow kids but i bike ride is better

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Possibly, but your observation about the throttle bike strikes a chord. You’ve made a massive leap from having seen one to predicting the massive negative impact it’ll eventually have on yourself and the rest of the world. Those kinds of baseless predictions made in an effort to demonize a group will surely result in a defensive response.
    Dcurious, did the throttle bike do anything to actually disrupt your experience that day?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I wasn’t really commenting on potential impact only that they are getting pretty indistinguishable from motorcycles as far as Non Motorized Area rules go in protected areas. The point I was making really was more that if rangers and others trying to enforce non motorized area rules can’t distinguish, then that will be bad for peddle bikes because they will just ban all wheeled vehicles rather than try to sort out what’s got a motor and what doesn’t

To your point though, eventually these things will be powered to the extent they will certainly create the same impact as gas powered motos

Hes the amazing fkn creskin dont ya know