Page 97 of 197 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ok testy. You sound a bit testy bro

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Not sure if you serious, but e mountain bikes cost about the same as good regular mountain bikes.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Not sure if you serious, but e mountain bikes cost about the same as good regular mountain bikes.

Naw not serious. Wasnt directed at you anyway. I think T.odd was talking about that "cake" bike in the pilgrim vid. Basically an electric mini moto/pit bike. A bit above my pay grade, if it is 16k. Does look super fun though. Class1 are similar priced. A bit more for the E but you dont really need the super gooch parts, to save grams here and there on the eeb so it evens out a bit. Im a gear whore so ill buy the gooch shit anyway , although i have been moderating that a bit

I liked strava for the mapping function but dun found me fatmap.com now.
    watch out for snakes

Tttttttriggered

When most people hear E-Bike their mental image is a pack of those cake bikes blasting past them.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

It seems to me that with some of the looming access issues that anyone running strava in the e-bike mode is making the problem worse. Since there are so very few places we're allowed to be why would you want to broadcast that you're the one "breaking the rules"? I've taken to using the Samsung Health app that's preloaded on my phone and watch and keeping everything off the interwebs other than some pictures without location mentions in the initial post.

Naw not serious. Wasnt directed at you anyway. I think T.odd was talking about that "cake" bike in the pilgrim vid. Basically an electric mini moto/pit bike. A bit above my pay grade, if it is 16k. Does look super fun though. Class1 are similar priced. A bit more for the E but you dont really need the super gooch parts, to save grams here and there on the eeb so it evens out a bit. Im a gear whore so ill buy the gooch shit anyway , although i have been moderating that a bit

$13g with 1x2.5kwh battery, $16g with 2x....wouldn't call it a pit bike, they go like 80-90km/h in the 'excel' , mode., the Kalk& model is street legal https://ridecake.com/kalk-or/

huh huh

"kalk"

huh huh
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    $13g with 1x2.5kwh battery, $16g with 2x....wouldn't call it a pit bike, they go like 80-90km/h in the 'excel' , mode., the Kalk& model is street legal https://ridecake.com/kalk-or/
    Ya i wont be getting one anytime soon. Free shipping !! Wonder how theyre shipping batteries internationally? Thats an issue for eebers wanting to travel with their bikes

Fuck them.

“Allowing motorized bicycles on non-motorized trails meant for hikers, backpackers, and equestrians poses risks and conflicts for the many visitors who enjoy that type of quiet recreation,” said Helen Harvey, president of the Gold Country Trails Council in Nevada County.
    Anyone else find it amusing that they neglected to mention non-e type bikes?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

QFT
    In many cases, mountain bikers themselves form the greatest resistance to the eMTB movement
    However many are in a shit ton.

yep, more horse shit
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    Fuck them.

Anyone else find it amusing that they neglected to mention non-e type bikes?
    Amusing, yes but not surprising.

I can't wait until all these elitist baby boomer ex sierra club rejects die off. This state is just silly with'em.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

The whole fucking place is filled with 'em. It really is time for them to fade away and get golf carts in Florida.

Any land use policy that significantly changes the use patterns on Federal land needs to go through NEPA. It was the reason why the spokesperson was so mealy mouthed. The trails around South lake and Tahoe City are going to be hit hard with mid western tourists on emtbs. Who is paying for the increased trail maintenance and rescue efforts this is going to cause. This suit will stand and the USFS is going to have do some environmental analysis, and they know it. Long live Boomer tree huggers!!!

https://formative.jmir.org/2019/3/e13643/

You get a similar work out but go 40% faster this study concludes. I would say this is going to be some ammunition in some battle areas.

^^ I'll agree with the moderate to vigorous zone being where my heart rate ends up while riding my e-mtb but it's much less prone to extreme dips and spikes due to constant pedaling and assist levels. The perception of lower exertion is proven to be real by the nature of the steady heart rate. The difference between the e-bike and the acoustic bike would be more dramatic if the riders were experienced in using the e-bikes and manipulating the assist levels most effectively.

I'm just barely faster than I was before but I'm not wired to be a fast rider anyway so... Where I do notice the biggest difference in my personal speed is climbing but I'm still slower than most of the local fast guys and way slower than the XC racer types. If I had more ride time I probably would also fit the longer ride distance scenario but only sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^^ I'll agree with the moderate to vigorous zone being where my heart rate ends up while riding my e-mtb but it's much less prone to extreme dips and spikes due to constant pedaling and assist levels. The perception of lower exertion is proven to be real by the nature of the steady heart rate. The difference between the e-bike and the acoustic bike would be more dramatic if the riders were experienced in using the e-bikes and manipulating the assist levels most effectively.

I'm just barely faster than I was before but I'm not wired to be a fast rider anyway so... Where I do notice the biggest difference in my personal speed is climbing but I'm still slower than most of the local fast guys and way slower than the XC racer types. If I had more ride time I probably would also fit the longer ride distance scenario but only sort of.
    I'm not wired to be fast either, but I'm at 45 minutes on a climb, vs 1h15 before my e bike. Western States, wallternate. Up.

Yeah there's one that I've been 27-35 minutes for over 20 years and now I roll it without thinking in 20 and would probably be faster if I was solo. The fast guys are still 15 or so with a few at 13.

I definitely have been learning to manage the PAS levels while riding and even sometimes, oh my gosh, turning it off!

Getting a loop dialed in from my house with minimal street riding. Even cleaned up some trail the lazy park guys do not touch.

Etrails are happy trails.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah there's one that I've been 27-35 minutes for over 20 years and now I roll it without thinking in 20 and would probably be faster if I was solo. The fast guys are still 15 or so with a few at 13.
    I don't think there's any mountain biker that can keep up with an e bike

I mostly try to adjust my speed to the acoustic riders I am with if I happen to be on an Ebike.

If not then I pick out a good pace and effort level that suits me.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I don't think there's any mountain biker that can keep up with an e bike depending on the rider

Some of the local XC weenies are pretty damned quick. I don't even usually like to ride as fast as they do, I miss too much, so unless it's a really long climb and they burn out they're probably still faster than me.

Agree with Gravity. I'll ride with the motor off much of the time. Really only activate it when I'm in first gear and climbing long or steep. It's like having an extra low gear. My heart rate does not get maxed out as much on the ebike, even tho I pedal it up hill without assistance on the low angle inclines. But that's ok for me. I'm 60 and get up to 173 on the normal bike vs 163 or so on the E. Some of that has to do with keeping the effort tamped down grinding a 55 lb bike uphill

With my speed sensing system I find in lower gears I get no PAS above a certain speed/gear combo. Did a long climb with friends and stayed in granny with PAS1 so no real boost. Only if I kicked it to PAS 2 would I get an input for a steeper section. For techy riding I have to turn it completely off.

I totally agree that the heart rate is more moderate with assist which for us G. O. D. types is a good thing.
    watch out for snakes