Page 140 of 197 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4901
    Funnier is how the last few posts are about hacking your e-bike to make it much faster than the other bikes you would be riding with on a bike path. Unless of course you plan to just ride them on a road, where they belong.

For reference my BBS02 is tweaked to 1300W and will go 50kph as configured ( was about 60kph with a bigger chainring but my drive line sucked). It likes to wheelie across intersections if I pin it.
    My Bafang Ultra will go 65kph on the flats (I've seen 86kph on the speedo on a hill)
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Look at bunion all self righteous being the commuter police. Still dont understand how theh work genius?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Self righteous? You might want to rethink that one Gimp.

This was one of the 1st concerns raised about e-bikes, the urge to modify them to reach speeds far above those of a standard human powered bicycle. And look at what we have now.

I find that amusing. Maybe I will cross post to the things that amuse you thread.

Carry on now.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Millions of eebs, finds a couple posts of hacking. Theyre all doing it!! People are going to die!! Still no actual experience. Moran

I see no need to do that on an emtb. Itd be useless on a mtb/emtb trail, unless theres road work to get to the trail.
    Commuters doing it to get to work faster still arent going to run into each other by an large. People generally dont like running into each other so they use a thing called a brake or use their eyes to see hazards. I know, amazing! Science for morans. Of course their will always be the odd clueless individual thet will get out of control. The triggered morans will key on those few cases of course

Its like deja vu all over again. It needs to be repeated several.times for the slow kids. The only thing we're learning is how slow bunion is on the uptake unfortunately. Sadly some will.never have the capacity to understand even basic stuff/poor bunion

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Its like deja vu all over again. It needs to be repeated several.times for the slow kids. The only thing we're learning is how slow bunion is on the uptake unfortunately. Sadly some will.never have the capacity to understand even basic stuff/poor bunion

I see no need to do that on an emtb.
    I never mentioned EMTBs and You seem to have a very thin skin. Poor Gimp.

I mentioned commuters and even gave reasoning. Doesnt support your uninformed narrative so i guess your pea brain doesnt register that stuff/vibes

Just spent a weekend in Victoria. Bike lanes and multi-use trails everywhere and many more in the works. And lots and lots of ebikes. Sounds like a great plan, but speaking with the FIL, and then experiencing first hand on the multi-use trails, E-bikes (or at least many of their users) do not belong on those multi-use trails. Other powered scooters, boards and other wheeled contraptions included. At the very least, speed limits are needed to protect the pedestrian, say 15kph or so. The entitlement and arrogance of the e-motor users is very real.

Careful or the gimp will label you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Just spent a weekend in Victoria. Bike lanes and multi-use trails everywhere and many more in the works. And lots and lots of ebikes. Sounds like a great plan, but speaking with the FIL, and then experiencing first hand on the multi-use trails, E-bikes (or at least many of their users) do not belong on those multi-use trails. Other powered scooters, boards and other wheeled contraptions included. At the very least, speed limits are needed to protect the pedestrian, say 15kph or so. The entitlement and arrogance of the e-motor users is very real.
    Congestion will cause issues no matter what the mode is. Take ebikes out and walkers would be wagging their fingers at skateboards or steam powered bikes. More users generally means more trails/paths will happen. Growing pains but progression is the end result. Less cars and more active people. It will get sorted out.
    Im always skeptical of a single user groups opinion. The facts usually lie somewhere in between user groups. Human nature. There can be zero conflict and someone sees something different and automatically looks at the other user scornfully. Sad but true. Add in a few bad apples and urban congestion and then some internet whiners like bunion and frorider and here we are. Trail police karens dictating what active people can and cant do outside even if they are considerate people

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Careful or the gimp will label you as well.
    See thats the trg. You 2 having a shitty day then you see something to rage about and go straight here with your butts still sore after the last stretching i gave youzz. I go light on some facts and throw in some childish insults to further gaslight the already triggered rage , to an previously, repeatedly waged battle about the same shit. Then i double down and expand on the facts enough that theyre understood, irrefutable and along with some more childish insults and you run away sulking with nothing but more inflamation of the butt until the next time. Youve learned nothing. Its so predictable at this point but here you are same shit different day. Get bitch slapped and then crickets until the next time.
    On forums that are more considerate people might ask what people think of "such and such", especially if they dont know much about the subject , and then its a discussion rather than a war won on facts i might add. You come here with a bias , that's incorrect,and obviously stems from the previous inflammation.
    Its funny how bunions emtb has softened but still looking to find some angle to save face. Atleast youve learned someyhing despite nort admitting it. Then there's Frorider, raging still from the original beat down and is holding steady, sulking, waiting and waiting, stirring and stirring until he can go off again. Both aces up my sleeve. Ill pull them out at will, photocopy and use again. Rinse and repeat
    Ill be there for youzzzz waiting with a gas spritzer and pointing out that youre slow on the uptake, unless you have a civil question that i could just answer...../smiley face

You really do put a lot of thought and effort into this particular windmill don't you.

Shut up and go ride your fucking bike you gimp.

Ya, the multi-use paths off of Dallas Dr in Victoria have always been congested with all manners of user - road and mtb, skateboards, inline and trad skates, old folks with 2poles, joggers and everything in between. The real roadbike would use the main road, with vehicle traffic only going 50kph. This time, the e-motors were traveling at much faster speeds than all other traffic, and some were very rude to slower users. The fat fuck on his e-bike doing 20+kph telling my wife, daughter and 74yr old FIL to 'get the fuck out of the way!" because they were on his side of the path. The asswipe didn't take me up on my offer to stop and let me correct his speech impediment. Saw some kind of high-powered motorized skateboards take out another older pedestrian, with lots of room elsewhere on the path. Completely unnecessary. Funny how in all the years previous to the e-motor craze the incidents on this busy path were nearly non-existent. Courtesy and consideration go a long way, and when the road traffic is traveling at a slow 50kph, the small-dicked roosters can go ride with the prius's and leafs.

On Hornby now, and met a few e-bikes on both the roadside bike routes and on the mtb trails, and so far no issues (but I winced as a couple took their small-wheeled fat e-bikes down a trail called washing machine). A couple were riding on the beach and into the salt water, can't imagine what that'll do to the system.

And I still want an e-fatbike for work commuting and fall hunting.

You really do put a lot of thought and effort into this particular windmill don't you.

Shut up and go ride your fucking bike you gimp.
    Atleast youre not boring. Froriders boring. He's steaming thats it. Boring sydney boring!!

Last edited by grinch; 08-05-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Ya, the multi-use paths off of Dallas Dr in Victoria have always been congested with all manners of user - road and mtb, skateboards, inline and trad skates, old folks with 2poles, joggers and everything in between. The real roadbike would use the main road, with vehicle traffic only going 50kph. This time, the e-motors were traveling at much faster speeds than all other traffic, and some were very rude to slower users. The fat fuck on his e-bike doing 20+kph telling my wife, daughter and 74yr old FIL to 'get the fuck out of the way!" because they were on his side of the path. The asswipe didn't take me up on my offer to stop and let me correct his speech impediment. Saw some kind of high-powered motorized skateboards take out another older pedestrian, with lots of room elsewhere on the path. Completely unnecessary. Funny how in all the years previous to the e-motor craze the incidents on this busy path were nearly non-existent. Courtesy and consideration go a long way, and when the road traffic is traveling at a slow 50kph, the small-dicked roosters can go ride with the prius's and leafs.

On Hornby now, and met a few e-bikes on both the roadside bike routes and on the mtb trails, and so far no issues (but I winced as a couple took their small-wheeled fat e-bikes down a trail called washing machine). A couple were riding on the beach and into the salt water, can't imagine what that'll do to the system.

And I still want an e-fatbike for work commuting and fall hunting.
    Does sound like an odd mix on a paved path with a dividing lane and congestion. I could see it double divided. Both directions divided and slow and fast lane divided. Congestion is too much for what amounts to very loose definition of rules or laws on who has right of way. We get to avoid that discussion on mtb trails , for the most part, because everyone knows the rules. Youd never see walkers in a bike lane. Theres only so much room. Tension is bound to happen. A lot of new users now. Itll be growing pains for a while yet. I use my ebike to get away from congestion personally. Thats one of goals when im planning my ride. Its much easier to do that

For some reason i cant edit that. By divided i meant physicslly divided not a painted line. People would cross the paint but theyd pay closer attention if there was an actual edge to the lane seperated from the opposing lane i think

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    Anyone have/try the REI Co-op CTY e2.2? Seems like a decent value if you get the member rebate plus REI MasterCard add on. (About $2040 after that). Schimano E6100 250w and 60 Nm torque, 36v/504 Wh battery. Rack, fenders, etc. already on. Would be using it on a 10 mile each way commute, mostly path, moderately downhill there, uphill back. It’s only a class 1, but the hack to beat the limiter seems pretty easy, a la YouTube. Seems like any class 3 would be at least $1,000 or more higher. Would the hack split the difference?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Hey did you get one of these? How's it going?
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

The man the myth the legend. Hauling!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CSOic...dium=copy_link

Damn! That first turn, speed-scrub going full-on at a tree was sweet.

The bulldog is always fully committed. I never want to miss his runs. Always entertaining to say the least.

This is pretty much every turn on a decoy.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSPe4kgA...dium=copy_link

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Hey did you get one of these? How's it going?
    I’ve looked the REI CTY 2.2 couple of times but did not pull the trigger. I’ve had a couple of folks say go class 3, will be better top end on the road part of my commute and I’ll regret getting a class 1. But I’m not spending $4k, watching craigslist for used. A hacked Class I might do the trick, i have hills, not mountain, but the REI wheel speed sender is run internally to the disc, so the crank magnet hack will be a real pain.

The REI is a solid value, but I feel I’ll regard the limit on a pure class 1. Anybody take a Class 1 shimano E6100 250 mid drive with 60 torque and a 500 battery or similar up hills?

There’s a Wing Freedom with the larger battery used near me, with all the commuting stuff on it, and you can get those to 25 mph by a controller setting. But hot and cold reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    I’ve looked the REI CTY 2.2 couple of times but did not pull the trigger. I’ve had a couple of folks say go class 3, will be better top end on the road part of my commute and I’ll regret getting a class 1. But I’m not spending $4k, watching craigslist for used. A hacked Class I might do the trick, i have hills, not mountain, but the REI wheel speed sender is run internally to the disc, so the crank magnet hack will be a real pain.

The REI is a solid value, but I feel I’ll regard the limit on a pure class 1. Anybody take a Class 1 shimano E6100 250 mid drive with 60 torque and a 500 battery or similar up hills?

There’s a Wing Freedom with the larger battery used near me, with all the commuting stuff on it, and you can get those to 25 mph by a controller setting. But hot and cold reviews.

Bosch is generally considered the best motor for a cargo or commuter that will pull weight up a hill. 85nm that seems to pull more than a shimano 85nm. Shimano is quite intuitive and natural feeling. They all can fail but i give the bosch the highest marks for durability and repairability. U can work with shimano. Get the 2 years out of it(2 yr warrantee) and decide on a new motor and whether i keep it or sell it when a new motor goes in. The e7000 and 6000 arent known for their durability but they do have that 2 yr warrantee. If the price is right maybe its still worth it. I think a replacement e6 or7000 would be around 800usd. Pretty ez for anyone to bolt a new one in themselves. 6 motor mount bolts , 3 wires and swap the cranks and chainring and youre gtg

How strong is the kool aid? Will this be added to WRG's quiver nezt?

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/spotted-...yeti-emtb.html

We know skydeft will be all.over the evil E.
    Trani will be next on the E so NWeeber can have his E uggs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210811-164036_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	382067

Yeesh, i thought that was one of my better posts. Uggs has become my fave. I guess when the fabled builders at yeti and evil go to the dark side and the possibility of trani joining the fray it adds a bit of sensitivity? I could see gg getting in there too maybe ibis with there cali factory?

Funnier is how the last few posts are about hacking your e-bike to make it much faster than the other bikes you would be riding with on a bike path. Unless of course you plan to just ride them on a road, where they belong.
    Funnier still is how it triggers you.

I also exceed tje posted limit and roll stop signs in my automobiles.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.