Page 166 of 197 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    Doubtful. They do own a bunch of gear box patents, but all of the pics show it wired into an AXS derailleur. I’m thinking it’s going to talk with the ax’s system to detorque during shifts…
    Yeah, they're definitely just running it on a traditional drivetrain in all the pics. Just seems like doing some sort of gearbox integration would be a good way for sram to set themselves apart in a party that they're 5 years late to.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    How about that two speed rear hub(axle?) Plus a smaller front gear box. Kind of a reverse version of the hammershift or whatever it was.
    If that invention is durable, along with a 1 x 4 drivetrain that'd solve a lot of problems. Ez to work on and replace if necessary, small cage derailleur, burly chain, lighter weight, should be affordable. Sign me up

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Sram motor is a rebadg3d brose. Ive seen side by side pics showing that. Ill look

Highly doubtful. Especially given the Specialized Brose connection.

Brose motors are shit. I’ve personally changed more belts on those for friends that have had them fail mid ride then I can count.

Any system that is belt drive or has an Rosenberger plug is an instant hard pass for me.

Brose motors are shit. I’ve personally changed more belts on those for friends that have had them fail mid ride then I can count.

Any system that is belt drive or has an Rosenberger plug is an instant hard pass for me.
    Ya just saw it on the interwebs. Nothing confirmed. Shape and mount looked very similar. I know brose had big issues and specialized warranteed a very high % of them. I was waiting to see how the new one was working out before i pan it. Give it a good dolid year. They changed a lot on it. New sprague clutch, software aimed at smoothing the power to help the belts and burlier belt

Speaking of hubs......after 216 miles and 30 days, Trek Rail hub had a bearing or something fail (will edit later w/better description). This got noticed after a 3,000 ft (30 miles loop) and 2,000 ft. (15 mile loop) descent in 2 days. It took Trek a week to finally agree to having the shop get it fixed under warranty. It's not something they had seen before. Hopefully, I'll get it back on Friday.

I'm missing my bike and it's weird jumping on the carbon hard tail, but I can't see ever giving it up.

It's humorous reading about and seeing other's attitudes and reactions to ebikes on several fronts. One couple gave me grieve 'YOU got an ebike...pussy??', but got another friend to shuttle them to the top of the 2,000 descent, while another buddy and I tooled up. Me in Eco and him in tour (after 2 major crash recoveries.)
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    It's humorous reading about and seeing other's attitudes and reactions to ebikes on several fronts. One couple gave me grieve 'YOU got an ebike...pussy??', but got another friend to shuttle them to the top of the 2,000 descent, while another buddy and I tooled up. Me in Eco and him in tour (after 2 major crash recoveries.)
    I've pretty much fully switched over to E-bikes. The only place. I get any flak is occasionally on Galbraith, and its usually from someone that just moved to town. Typically I dont bother stopping to engage ( they dont need to know I'm having more fun). I did have one particular guy give me a more shit than normal about ebikes being illegal up there, and I just reminded him, that every trail in town started off as being illegally built and most are still illegal, even some of the most popular ones. The official policy here is that we officially look the other way as long as it doesn't have a throttle. The WMBC directors know E-bikes are coming and there is no stopping it ( Almost the entire board owns them, as do just about every trail builder in town)... so its more of an issue of land managers either dragging their feet, or just being behind the times.

It's no different than when fat skis first came out, with the same push back. Soon as more people start to ride them, attitudes will change quickly. Three years ago it was a hard no on Galbraith. Now, I've done rides where I have seen more e-bikes at the top than non... change is coming.

It's no different than when fat skis first came out, with the same push back.
    Seems like snowboards not being allowed at Alta is a more apt analogy. So I assume you think Alta's policy on snowboards should be ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Seems like snowboards not being allowed at Alta is a more apt analogy. So I assume you think Alta's policy on snowboards should be ignored?
    It is idiotic! Deciding who should be allowed based upon what recreation gear they own, is just as stupid as deciding who should be allowed based upon the color of their skin, or religion.

It is idiotic! Deciding who should be allowed based upon what recreation gear they own, is just as stupid as deciding who should be allowed based upon the color of their skin, or religion.
    So snowmobiles and timbersleds should be allowed in ski areas too?

So snowmobiles and timbersleds should be allowed in ski areas too?
    Ok, your reaching, but hey, thats how we access the Pemby ski hill....

Ok, your reaching, but hey, thats how we access the Pemby ski hill....
    Sounds like you're waffling a bit on "deciding who should be allowed based upon what recreation gear they own."

I want to run my Arctic Cat up to Baldy at Snowbird. Why shouldn't I be allowed to? Regardless, I'll probably just do it anyways because the only reason I can't is just because land managers are dragging their feet on progress.

I want to run my Arctic Cat up to Baldy at Snowbird.
    Well it wold probably be faster than the tram, and the rest of that lift system

Well it wold probably be faster than the tram, and the rest of that lift system
    Exactly! If I'm feeling generous, I'll even throw a tow rope out to skiers on the boot pack.

I've pretty much fully switched over to E-bikes. The only place. I get any flak is occasionally on Galbraith, and its usually from someone that just moved to town. Typically I dont bother stopping to engage ( they dont need to know I'm having more fun). I did have one particular guy give me a more shit than normal about ebikes being illegal up there, and I just reminded him, that every trail in town started off as being illegally built and most are still illegal, even some of the most popular ones. The official policy here is that we officially look the other way as long as it doesn't have a throttle. The WMBC directors know E-bikes are coming and there is no stopping it ( Almost the entire board owns them, as do just about every trail builder in town)... so its more of an issue of land managers either dragging their feet, or just being behind the times.

It's no different than when fat skis first came out, with the same push back. Soon as more people start to ride them, attitudes will change quickly. Three years ago it was a hard no on Galbraith. Now, I've done rides where I have seen more e-bikes at the top than non... change is coming.
    There will be hold outs for a bit from diehards, but the change is inevitable.

One clear issue with possible serious consequences are local routes where 'everyone knows' to go a certain direction on certain trails due to the steepness of a climb or a technical section, etc, only to be surprised on the downhill when someone without local knowledge is heading the opposite direction on an ebike.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    There will be hold outs for a bit from diehards, but the change is inevitable.

One clear issue with possible serious consequences are local routes where 'everyone knows' to go a certain direction on certain trails due to the steepness of a climb or a technical section, etc, only to be surprised on the downhill when someone without local knowledge is heading the opposite direction on an ebike.
    All of those trails here are already signed as directional. The head o the WMBC actually mentioned last year that they have not received any complaints about that happening, so they feel its a non-issue given the signage we already have in place to keep hikers / horses from going up down specific trails.

Here it is. More in the description. Yannick Pontal won the last ewsE on a levo for black box sram with it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeVleGBO...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

All of those trails here are already signed as directional. The head o the WMBC actually mentioned last year that they have not received any complaints about that happening, so they feel its a non-issue given the signage we already have in place to keep hikers / horses from going up down specific trails.
    BRB, gonna go climb blade reversal.

An ebike just makes too much sense here in the PNW where many/most rides are big climbs leading to sustained steep descents all the way down. I feel like ebikes might not be as ideal for rolling/punchy XC trails, or for mellower flowy undulating trails. IDK. Im just waiting for 2-3 years after ebikes are dialed in, so i can grab a used one for less than the cost of my car.

Just took a parking lot ride on a Spesh Levo, shouldn't have done that.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is the only group that identifies them as different is mountain bikers themselves. To hikers, horseman and dirt bikers its the same toy. Until the finger pointing ends we will just be fighting ourselves.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Just took a parking lot ride on a Spesh Levo, shouldn't have done that.
    I remember a quote from Brendog a couple years ago where he essentially said,
    You don’t need to advertise Ebikes. All you need is for someone to ride one for 30 seconds in a parking lot and they want one.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I do know or know of people who never did anything physical or rode bikes who got commuters or cargo or stretch E- bikes with hub motors so there are those people but they are using them to commute or run around town or SFT

edit: I think those ^^ are most of the people are buying E-bikes made of chinesium, they buy em on line for 2 or 3 K, the bike shows up in a couple weeks they ride them

I can't think of any E-bikers on the local trail system who don't know what they are doing cuz its just too hard and the real E-mtnbikes bikes are too expensive
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-24-2022 at 11:44 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

An ebike just makes too much sense here in the PNW where many/most rides are big climbs leading to sustained steep descents all the way down.
    Yeah, don't have any such thing in the rest of the world.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yeah, don't have any such thing in the rest of the world.
    If its out of range of my eCar with my eMTB loaded on the back, its e-dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    BRB, gonna go climb blade reversal.

An ebike just makes too much sense here in the PNW where many/most rides are big climbs leading to sustained steep descents all the way down. I feel like ebikes might not be as ideal for rolling/punchy XC trails, or for mellower flowy undulating trails. IDK. Im just waiting for 2-3 years after ebikes are dialed in, so i can grab a used one for less than the cost of my car.
    The Repeater Rd, climb to blade and beyond is hellacious on a normal bike...It's not a coincidence where the Repeater got its name. The guy who built Blade, pretty much exclusively rides E-Bikes now. They just make a lot of sense for the stuff we like to ride. I think the new Relay is going to be the ticket for the more rally polly XC trails such as Galbraith, etc. After seeing the Relay in person and talking to few friends that have ridden it, I'm going to pick one up and sale my analog bike. The only question, will it replace the Repeater, or compliment it in the quiver. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    One thing I'm pretty sure of is the only group that identifies them as different is mountain bikers themselves. To hikers, horseman and dirt bikers its the same toy. Until the finger pointing ends we will just be fighting ourselves.
    That is 100% truth.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is the only group that identifies them as different is mountain bikers themselves.
    Yeah, that pesky motorized thingy.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"