Page 178 of 197 FirstFirst ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 4901
    For a newby just considering an ebike. I am 6'1" , 33 inch inseam and I ride a S4 LEVO works fine for me but my riding is not the most technical. Longer wheel base of the S5 made me get the S4, happy with my decision. I have about 350 miles on my gen 3 levo.

Agree with Toast on work out aspects but the new generation has the ability to pair a heart rate monitor to the motor and will adjust assist to match target heart rate. Pretty sweet training tool if that is your bag.

My local is being slowly taken over by ebikes, it has not caused the issues I thought it would (I was pretty anti-ebike). People seem to deal just fine with it and the authorities are not enforcing any of the ebike restrictions. Maybe numbers have not gotten to a critical point. Price seems to be a big factor and only motivated riders are shelling out the $$$. Most folks around here on ebikes are long time mtb riders already.

I have had to rethink how I ride in my area. a typical 20- 25 mile loop taking about 3-4 hours now takes 2 hours. My average speed (trail mode not turbo) on a 30 mile ride, 3800 feet of elevation gain and loss, is about 10 mph on the ebike. After an ebike ride like that, it feels more of an upper body work out then the legs. I ride like that drains about 70-80% percent of the battery. I have ridden it back to the trailhead after the battery has died, not bad as long you are not going uphill.

Still on the fence with mine and might sell it this summer. I agree with Ibis, it is different sport.

Give it a few more years and no one is going to care about poaching. It is just the facts like it or not.

Places with a lot tourist influx and rental shops are likely to see the worst of the impacts. Tahoe will be a free for all soon but the extent of the riding area may mitigate that somewhat.

Fun scrolling thru this thread from the start. Not many predictions held. Most conveniently forget. Props to those w ballz to admit error.Few had it right but there were a few......

Pros still hate riding them. Everyone wheres jeans and no helmets. Collisions errrywhere, they go 100mph , many deaths, tons of people lost far in the bc, ghrottle for life!, too heavy , too ez, not even a workout, hunter biden emtb vids on his puter , lots of fentebal smhggled on emtb's , he/she/person/emtber , Ewoke

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Fun scrolling thru this thread from the start. Not many predictions held. Most conveniently forget. Props to those w ballz to admit error.Few had it right but there were a few......

Pros still hate riding them. Everyone wheres jeans and no helmets. Collisions errrywhere, they go 100mph , many deaths, tons of people lost far in the bc, ghrottle for life!, too heavy , too ez, not even a workout, hunter biden emtb vids on his puter , lots of fentebal smhggled on emtb's , he/she/person/emtber , Ewoke

Awwww, scwowing thru the mean things makes yew feew bettew?
    Keep on keepin on my tender little buddy.

Heavy bikes suck and pros still look dumb trying to ride them all badass style.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Awwww, scwowing thru the mean things makes yew feew bettew?
    Keep on keepin on my tender little buddy.

Heavy bikes suck and pros still look dumb trying to ride them all badass style.

Congrats youre in the lead for the dunce cap award. I figured it out way before i had one. You, still slow on the draw bud.

These things are clutch when you get injured. I can barely walk, but I can ride!

a pro will ride anything you pay him to ride

A buddy often sez its not a matter of if I will get an E-bike its when, he bough one for his wife and she does way better
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Hope it speeds up your healing process. It did for me with an ac joint seperation. Explored the multi use trails for a couple weeks then couple weeks of climbing trails and then back to careful trail ripping. The blood flow in the early days of the injury felt like it helped. Every day it allows me to warm up on those first few hills and get the back limbered up.
    Im going to get one of these this year. Speed up.the process because ill surely lose the ability to walk more. Emtb for recovery after

Get my "awkward" on. Probably great for climbing the dh trails at tammarack

so if you ever wondered what would happen if one of those iddy biddy wires on the back of your Shimano EP8 display gets snagged on something it means you are dead in the water until you repalce it, you might solder the wire back on the end of the plug but I doubt it l cuz they are such fine wires and so you will have to order from Amazon or sft .

for the bullit I had to pull the battery and snip some cable ties in the battery bay to get the cable out to see what I needed cuz there are a lot of different lengths, its got a label EW-SD50 with the length on the other side of the label so for the Bullit it was 900mm long, depending on your bike brand it could be anyone of a doz lengths so check and order the new cable

So zip tie it all back in and the job is done, not a tough job but thats what you need to do

I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a RadRover 6 Plus with their current sale. This would be for commuting on paved bike paths(10mi each way) and occasional FS roads. My only concern is I’m taller and heavier, 6’4” 230, so I’m not sure about fit on 26’ tires and maxing out the payload with groceries or gear?

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Its a good bike and a good if not great value at the sale price. The design of the frame is a compromise to fit as many different size folks as possible. I think for the uses you stated it will be a good choice.

I am 6’ and 210 lbs, i had to do some cockpit changes to make mine moar comfy. You are at the outer limits of the size for these one size fits all ebikes.

Mine is an older model but is still going strong 6 years later. Did a 13 mile ride on it yesterday. It would be pretty awesome if the brakes and the front fork were up graded.

If you do get one consider adding a rear rack and front rack or basket for increased utility.
    watch out for snakes

Electric Bike Thread

Polygon is releasing two trail ebikes. Good prices. Very tempting. I’ll rider further but they won’t free up time to make me ride more often. Needs to come with a babysitter

https://www.polygonbikes.com/siskiu-te/

Prices here https://www.bikesonline.com/2023-pol...mountain-ebike

They changed the geometry from their standard mnt bikes. The dimensions are a little bit different than my T8.

Electric Bike Thread

^^^ very tempting for sure. I’m thinking of holding out one more year and hope that the general e-MTB market comes down a little. Wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Polygon is releasing two trail ebikes. Good prices. Very tempting. I’ll rider further but they won’t free up time to make me ride more often. Needs to come with a babysitter

https://www.polygonbikes.com/siskiu-te/

Prices here https://www.bikesonline.com/2023-pol...mountain-ebike

They changed the geometry from their standard mnt bikes. The dimensions are a little bit different than my T8.
    So, as a parent, a big part of the reason I got an ebike was that it let me get more riding in a shorter period of time. Usually my wife is OK if I pop out for 1-1.5 hours. I can pedal about 1,500 ft in that time, but on an ebike in turbo I can easily double that.

Being able to go further when you have more time is nice too, but for time limited people it's amazing how much faster you can blast up hills. On our local climb, I can do it on my ebike in like 6 minutes for 800 ft.

Still can’t really ride the trails an eEnduro is made for in the RFV.

This what I lust after, once my current FATe dies.

https://www.norco.com/bikes/e-mounta...bigfoot-vlt-1/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ^^^ very tempting for sure. I’m thinking of holding out one more year and hope that the general e-MTB market comes down a little. Wishful thinking?
    I think the only way the price will go down is if there is an oversupply so that the product gets put on sale, cuz the price of everything has gone up due to the covid hangover. , so as opposed to the just the e-bike market coming down I would look for the bike market to come down as a whole if there is an oversupply which would include E-bikes

IME its never been more important to deal with a good LBS than on an E-bike, I can always fix an acoustic bike but an e-bike not so much

the batteries have got to 630 W on the Shimano which is enough for a 3-4 hr sesh at the bike area
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-19-2023 at 01:21 PM.

That time is right now. Most of the companies are overstocked and are advertising sakes off and on. Rocky mt, giant, yt just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    So, as a parent, a big part of the reason I got an ebike was that it let me get more riding in a shorter period of time. Usually my wife is OK if I pop out for 1-1.5 hours. I can pedal about 1,500 ft in that time, but on an ebike in turbo I can easily double that.

Being able to go further when you have more time is nice too, but for time limited people it's amazing how much faster you can blast up hills. On our local climb, I can do it on my ebike in like 6 minutes for 800 ft.
    This is the way.

And Spesh definitely over produced the Levos. Comp Alloy has been about 2k off MSRP for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electric Bike Thread

Of course Polygon put Sram brakes on emnt bike while my T8 has Tectro with mineral oil. Road bike and wife’s trail bike are shimano. I’d hate dealing with two different brake fluid types in the household. maybe I’m overthinking this.

I’m thinking of upgrading from my 2022 Giant Trace Advanced E+2(150/140mm) to something bigger, like 170mm/160mm travel. The Giant is great but I’m feeling a bit underbiked on some of the rowdier shit I’m getting into.

I know there are a lot of good deals out there right now but any suggestions?

What's your budget? What brands do your local shops carry? Normally I'm all for getting stuff online, but with ebikes it makes sense to get a brand that your local shop can assist with for any motor/battery related warranty stuff.

I'm running my Levo with a 170mm fork and a Cascade link which puts it at 162mm rear. It's basically what the Kinevo should be, if it was updated. I got the Comp model on sale and then went nuts upgrading.

I've also heard good things about the SC Bullit, Rocky, and Pivot Shuttle LT. The Loam Wolf just did a spring ebike roundup that compared most of these (minus the SC).

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    What's your budget? What brands do your local shops carry? Normally I'm all for getting stuff online, but with ebikes it makes sense to get a brand that your local shop can assist with for any motor/battery related warranty stuff.

I'm running my Levo with a 170mm fork and a Cascade link which puts it at 162mm rear. It's basically what the Kinevo should be, if it was updated. I got the Comp model on sale and then went nuts upgrading.

I've also heard good things about the SC Bullit, Rocky, and Pivot Shuttle LT. The Loam Wolf just did a spring ebike roundup that compared most of these (minus the SC).
    yup if you didnt buy your E-bike from your LBS and they need to work on it there is no way for them to recover the $$$ from Shimano SO they bill you, a local bud had an EP8 that died after a week, the motor was warranty but the labor to put it in was billable

I've had the Santa cruz bullit going on 3 seasons and i really like the bike

I have the yt decoy mx (mullett.) I like it. Potential downside is battery suppose although I think a larger one is available. Not a problem for me as I rarely ride longer then a few hours. I do not like the stock rental stem (too little friction.) I do not like the finicky yt dropper post; also, stack height of post is a bit high.

If I were to go full 29er I would check out the evil epocalypse.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

https://bcebikerebates.ca/?fbclid=Iw...HmSrfuTD_jJbXU

pretty good tax rebates on E-bikes coming in BC

Oh boy! Code 24 today.

Performed all the checks and tests to get it to clear or even pin point cause. No dice.

It tries to work, on the throttle, sounds louder now when it does then it quits with the code.

Looks like a new wheel/motor combo in my future. Its only 4 years old and less than 350 miles. Bam fat tire ebike, a Rad rover copy, 48V 750W Bafang hub motor.
    watch out for snakes

pad
    Last edited by Spats; 06-03-2023 at 03:39 AM. Reason: pad