Page 152 of 197 FirstFirst ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Thats cool. Too bad they didnt make the battery removeable. If it was 750w thatd be forgiveable but 500 is a deal killer. …

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    It’s their first ever emtb. They’ll learn and improve. I’m enjoying their siskiu T8 - perfect for a noob like me without breaking the bank and plenty of room for my skills to grow into.

It seems that it’s golden age for analog mnt bikes: geometry, materials, suspensions, and even prices. When will emtb’s tech reach that? 2-5 years? Affordable, powerful motors, large capacity battery with long life are kind of here but there is a lot of room for improvement and a lot more yet to come…

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    It’s their first ever emtb. They’ll learn and improve. I’m enjoying their siskiu T8 - perfect for a noob like me without breaking the bank and plenty of room for my skills to grow into.

It seems that it’s golden age for analog mnt bikes: geometry, materials, suspensions, and even prices. When will emtb’s tech reach that? 2-5 years? Affordable, powerful motors, large capacity battery with long life are kind of here but there is a lot of room for improvement and a lot more yet to come…
    Fully agree. All their bikes are quite good. That eeb is really well designed. Geo is spot on and they gave it proper travel. Just an oversight with the non removeable battery. No doubt thats addressed really soon. All nikes are pretty dialed these days. A lot of good emtbs now too. They have the bases covered. Maybe some more dh bikes.There is definitely still some refining to do. Mostly just ease of motor service and clean up the wiring. I'd like to be able to quickly thread in a $20 shimano bottom bracket bearing. Also im ok with 1/4lb more on a one piece wiring hatness and have it burley clean and easily replaceable with one plug at the motor, battery and display. Ive had no problem but they are too exposed and dainty. . Aside from that battery tech is still a number of years off. It might be 6 or 8 years but thdir forecast to be half the weight then. Im super happy with how my bike is working. Over a million vert on it. 3000km on this current cassette and just abut time for the 3rd chain. Quite functional as is. I wish it had a more widely available battery. Id like a 2nd battery to get to some of the peaks i had planned or make it easy to travel with the bike and rent a battery at the location because you cant fly with more than a 200w battery. Batteries should be standardized and snap together like lego in 200w increments

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I hummed and hawed about this for a while but came to the conclusion that a bafang mid drive wouldn't fit... the chainstays get wide pretty quick and I didn't think the motor housing would even clear, let alone the chainring. I think pano-dude put a mid drive on his so maybe I'm wrong and it would have fit, but mine is a 2020 and his is older... might have more clearance?

I opted to get a 750w bafang hub drive motor kit because the price isn't absurd, and I found a kit that seemed like it would play well with my bike. Turns out I needed to find some specialty parts to get it to work but as of tonight it's rideable. Didn't take it farther than the front street but it's not the sluggish bike I remember. Yeah I recognize the controller mount is a little ghetto but I want to try to keep it cool (I've heard they can overheat on hub motors that are trying to hard on long climbs), my frame is a small, and I want to keep the triangle open for a bag. The battery goes in a bag on the rear rack.

I recognize it might not be ideal for trails at 80nm of torque, but I kept my insanely low gearing with this mod so it might be fine and just pick up a little slack from me and maybe I won't need much more torque? I'm going to try it anyway.

It will be ideal for winter trips to the pub and rides around nose hill Park. Might also be awesome as a solo rafting shuttle vehicle.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Did you mount the charger to the bike too? What bike?

I mounted a BBSHD to my Salsa Mukluk and have relatively few issues over two years. I drop chains sometimes but I think that's the worn out cassette, need to replace w/ a steel Ebike cassette maybe.

Tip: get an ebike specific chain, they are much burlier, you can shred a regular chain pretty quick with a motor.

Got up to ~35 mph going across a big frozen lake last winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Did you mount the charger to the bike too? What bike?

I mounted a BBSHD to my Salsa Mukluk and have relatively few issues over two years. I drop chains sometimes but I think that's the worn out cassette, need to replace w/ a steel Ebike cassette maybe.

Tip: get an ebike specific chain, they are much burlier, you can shred a regular chain pretty quick with a motor.

Got up to ~35 mph going across a big frozen lake last winter.
    The charger stays at home... that silver box is the controller.

2020 Norco bigfoot 3.

Also hub drive don't add any stress to the drive train or through the chain... the motor directly turns the wheel. Also no need for a shift sensor.

Last edited by Shorty_J; 10-14-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Never heard of an E-bike specific chain ^^ does that chain fit on a regular set of chainwheels/ cluster and who makes them ?

On the Bullit the shifter only lets me shift one gear at a time apparently to keep from eating drivetrains
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

2020 Norco bigfoot 3.

Also hub drive don't add any stress to the drive train or through the chain... the motor directly turns the wheel. Also no need for a shift sensor.

Gotcha, I didn't realize it was a hub motor, shoulda looked closer.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Never heard of an E-bike specific chain ^^ does that chain fit on a regular set of chainwheels/ cluster and who makes them ?

On the Bullit the shifter only lets me shift one gear at a time apparently to keep from eating drivetrains

I think most major chain manufacturers are making Ebike versions. Mine is a KMC. I broke the last non-ebike chain on NYE at 2am trying to race someone home and it was -10F outside. That was a shitty push home.

2020 Norco bigfoot 3.

I also own a big foot 3 so what did it cost ?

I am gona see how it shakes out on the trails in acoustic mode this winter but may opt for a motor at some point

Motor kit with controller was under $700. Got a battery on amazon for about $500. Also needed some shims and spacers to fit my rear dropouts I got from a ebike specialty store... maybe another $100 in supplies?

Is your bike thru-axle rear? If so this kit probably won't work for you... mine is 190 QR.

You might be able to do a front wheel setup and effectively have AWD... not sure.

It was the latest model when I bought it new 1 year ago, I'm pretty sure its got a QR, so 1500 for the bike and 1300 to electrify makes for a 2800 $ Fat bike ... I will probably wait a season and see

I think most major chain manufacturers are making Ebike versions. Mine is a KMC. I broke the last non-ebike chain on NYE at 2am trying to race someone home and it was -10F outside. That was a shitty push home.
    I had no idea but here I found it, the info on e-bike chain is in the link

https://www.kmcchain.com/en/

A 1000w motor and not very straight chainline can definitely wreak havoc on chains.

Yeah I read 85NM is 4 times as much power as a human can generate SO when i remember I will back off a bit for the shift somewhat like riding a motor cycle, I got lots of power so getting off the juice for a second isnt a big thing

At the price of doing up a fat bike a person might as well get a mid drive 27.5+. This class 3 bosch bike would be nice and you'd have a back up bosch system if you have a bosch emtb. 2.8 schwalbe is like a 3" maxxis

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...s-response.htm

Same price as commencal's 27.5+ shimano mid drive plus hardtail but not until aug 2022 for those so realistically 2023

I've had mine for 2 seasons. It's fun but its so much fucking work with that heavy bike!

I've also upgraded my brakes, drive train, and added front suspension. Electrifying this bike is cheaper than buying an off the rack fat ebike, has way better components and drivetrain, and I can put the stock rear wheel on and remove the rack and ride it analogue if I want... plus I don't have to figure out where to store another bike.

The bafang motor is 80Nm... hopefully plenty?

Lots of winter trails don't want you riding on them with less than 3.8" tires to avoid rutting. I think the fat bike is more versatile, at least for how I ride... which is slowly. The 4" tires are also awesome on fire service roads. Now that mine is electric I foresee more summer use too.

At the price of doing up a fat bike a person might as well get a mid drive 27.5+. This class 3 bosch bike would be nice and you'd have a back up bosch system if you have a bosch emtb. 2.8 schwalbe is like a 3" maxxis

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...s-response.htm

Same price as commencal's 27.5+ shimano mid drive plus hardtail but not until aug 2022 for those so realistically 2023

Yeah, and if I wanted an F350 I could buy a Honda Pilot and still have a truck! WTF?

My fat bike has 1000w and a throttle, it'll go much faster than 20mph, oh, and the tires are 1.8" wider than that 27.5+ bike which is pretty nice at 5psi. It also cost less than half of that DB to build.

well what I could actualy use is a spare Shimano battery so maybe something comes a long that also takes a Shimano battery but I'm not gona worry, right now I'm biking in the day but I don't know if i got energy to both ski AND bike 3 months from now .

I actualy rode the Big foot at the bike area between enduro bikes, at 37lbs with the big fucking tires it was a real grunt, also the railing berms with 5" tires was interesting

So I see the canuckian price on an E Yeti is 17200 BUT I just can't quite see where the $$$$ is ? The Bullit at 11500 IS on the high side but take the price of an acoustic Nomad or Megatower, thro in a 630W battery, an EP8 motor and you can more or less see the 11500$ but I can't quite see the 17200$ in the yeti build ?

Good points. Always can go acoustic as a back up and 4" tires. Quick search and ive yet to find a full fat tire mid drive. They all seem to be 27.5+. Dedicated full fat with a middrive moght not be possible with the bb axle width. Might have to be a bolt on unit or hub drive. I see friends back home riding all sorts of tire widths together. I guess the normal widths have to bs selective on the days they go. Coastal snowpack might make 27.5+ acceptable idk

Good points. Always can go acoustic as a back up and 4" tires. Quick search and ive yet to find a full fat tire mid drive. They all seem to be 27.5+. Dedicated full fat with a middrive moght not be possible with the bb axle width. Might have to be a bolt on unit or hub drive. I see friends back home riding all sorts of tire widths together. I guess the normal widths have to bs selective on the days they go. Coastal snowpack might make 27.5+ acceptable idk

https://lunacycle.com/luna-fat-galax...-galaxy-paint/

Nice. Im struggling to find anything bad about it. All the standards look to be current standards. Nothing funky

They don't even list geometry but it sure doesn't look modern... but mid drive, dual battery option, and torque sensing...

https://rizebikes.ca/products/rize-rx-pro

They don't even list geometry but it sure doesn't look modern... but mid drive, dual battery option, and torque sensing...

https://rizebikes.ca/products/rize-rx-pro

Thats kind of cool for the right person/usage. Bafang motor and hydraulic tektros. I think id have to throw a few hin extra on it though. That might bring it to the low 70's lbs

FAT bikes used to originaly be 26" fat tires when they came but they are now 27.5 fat tires, it sounds like you are assuming a FAT tire is not a 27.5 but my big foot 3 has 27.5 " rims with big fat tires which are 27.5

I bought a 3 or 4 yr old Norco fat bike this spring, it was still 26" FAT tires and 2 front chain rings so the Big foot evolved to 1X and 27.5 rims which are fat

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    FAT bikes used to originaly be 26" fat tires when they came but they are now 27.5 fat tires, it sounds like you are assuming a FAT tire is not a 27.5 but my big foot 3 has 27.5 " rims with big fat tires which are 27.5

I bought a 3 or 4 yr old Norco fat bike this spring, it was still 26" FAT tires and 2 front chain rings so the Big foot evolved to 1X and 27.5 rims which are fat
    Yes i had assumed they were 26. Ill keep my eye out for a deal on whatever wheelsize. Im not ready to sink a bunch into one. ShortyJ hub motor makes sense in that regard

Haibike Fat Six (the hardtail with the Yamaha not the Bosch crap) fit 4.8 tires.
    Think its discontinued but a lot of clowns bought them around 2018 for cheap because they overproduced and were selling them for under 3G. Yamaha is an old school workhorse and serviceable. Guessing a bunch of the people who bought that bike road it like a hipster, probably find a chary one with a bunch of garage dust.
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.