Page 82 of 197 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 4912
    So after gleaning info here courteous of $2 (Thx mag!) I have been riding and not charging the battery fully after each ride as I did before.

Also since I live near the C&O canal tow path I would like to ride this doing some over night camping but the need to charge the battery has me concerned about the distance I could cover. I guess a spare battery would do the trick but hauling that much weight and bulk negates the benefits it would seem.

I think I will start doing some exploratory side roads off the towpath to further test my distance and longevity of my bike. So far it was 38 miles to bingo on battery using PAS 3 mostly with a bit of PAS 5 on some short but steep hills.
    watch out for snakes

After bouncing off a tree last week testing the eebs steep capabilities i figured it was the lack of tread . A lap down rednecks revenge to cash advance with the 220's and the 2.6 ewild out back put the worries to rest. Still wet in sections and i could almost come to a stop anywhere. I think id run these front and rear on a dh bike on tge steeps around here. Really didnt expect them to grip like that. The nukeproof liner wouldnt allow me to let any air out at the top too(sealant mustve seeled the rubber inner of tge valve to the foam liner). They were rock hard and now i think ill leave them like that.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

"15 miles today, 900 feet climbing" Really? need a ebike?, I going to assume you are 80 years old or have some type of disability. Good for you to be getting out.

*an.

Hey 2$. Ive got it in my mind to not be topping up my battery every time. When for a few laps of the jump trail today. I was hoping to do four laps and ended up with 2. My battery was at 3 bars and apparently closer to 2 than 4. Does that count as another charge cycle? Id like to put a few bars on it right now , not a full 4hr charge, and go get a lap at the dh trails , before i have to work , but then have a full charge for tomorrow at the bike park. Do little charges every now and then to get 60-90 minutes in affect it worse than charging to full for next days use?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Hey 2$. Ive got it in my mind to not be topping up my battery every time. When for a few laps of the jump trail today. I was hoping to do four laps and ended up with 2. My battery was at 3 bars and apparently closer to 2 than 4. Does that count as another charge cycle? Id like to put a few bars on it right now , not a full 4hr charge, and go get a lap at the dh trails , before i have to work , but then have a full charge for tomorrow at the bike park. Do little charges every now and then to get 60-90 minutes in affect it worse than charging to full for next days use?

I think your getting it. I think for your case and maybe anyone that can't or won't use a volt meter you should really use the milage reading on the lowest power setting. With only 5 bars you can't tell the difference between 61 percent and 79 percent...... That could leave you coming up short out on the trail. Which obviously would suck..,. And then I'd get the blame for ruining your day!

Here's the deal, if possible it's MUCH better for the battery not to be fully inflated and left to sit like that. Your riding a ton and blowing thru far more battery than I ever do. For me I just toggle between 40 and 80 pct. It's easy because my biggest rides around here are 25 pct Max.

For you, if you charge to 90 and don't let it sit empty - like below 45, that'll extend the life a great deal. Will it last 10 years? Probably not at your usage level. But instead of the full charge level falling by 25 or 30 pct in 2 or 3 years, maybe it'll only be 5 or 10 pct diminished..... Provided you store it right over the winter. These are guesses on my part. YMMV as they say

Great, thanks. Ill start experimenting with the mileage. Its mostly vertical gain around here with very small approaches so the mileage should be reasonably close to gauge

Great, thanks. Ill start experimenting with the mileage. Its mostly vertical gain around here with very small approaches so the mileage should be reasonably close to gauge

Don't think of it as milage. Think of it as battery level. If 58 miles shows at full charge, 29 miles is 50 percent. I think it'll work but not sure. Keep us posted

Ok, i wasnt aware it showed how many miles you have remaining

Ok, i wasnt aware it showed how many miles you have remaining

Lol, me either I guess.....I just assumed if it has a range readout it'll change as you ride. I spent 2 minutes on an e8000 last year. I kinda remember it showed range that varied with assist level?

I was reading on another forum, to try to keep it between 20-80% as much as possible, and shoot for 60% when storing more than a couple weeks.
    I can handle that. Keep the charge soft on weekdays, then top it off the night before a bigger ride.
    Definitely going to keep using everything on big days. That was the point of the bikes after all.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post
    Gravity,
    I'm in North Jersey. Not far from Harriman or Waywayonda
    Where you?
    In NY about 20 minutes from Danbury CT.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Pretty kewl looking bike, lettuce know how that mid drive works for a commuter set up. If you do not mind me asking how much? website?
    https://www.bennobikes.com/ Your local Serfas dealer is also the Benno dealer but very few keep bikes in stock.

A mileage read out remaining is very doable, although it is going to vary due to load. On the UPS systems we used/monitored at work the time on battery had a read out count down that was calculated in minutes of power remaining on the batteries.
    watch out for snakes

Still a bunch i need to learn. I have to get the app and play with the % of each mode as well. I think i noticed mine is topping out at 25km/h too. I havent really needed more when pedaling on the trail and im usually just chillin on the road. Next thing is to check on that and email yt if thats the case. Maybe the shipment from taiwan mixed up some of the urp bikes with the n american bikes?

Yeah, the e8000 has a lot of customizable features. One nice thing is it's a tightly organized system. All the e8000 systems are the same, no matter which manufacturer. Brose has like 4 different displays, different firmware etc.

Couple pages that might shed some light

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...page=32#manual

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...page=29#manual

2$: if I accidentally charge the battery to 100% and don’t immediately go for a ride, do you recommend I put the bike in the stand and spin it in walk mode until it’s back down to 80% charge?

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I was reading on another forum, to try to keep it between 20-80% as much as possible, and shoot for 60% when storing more than a couple weeks.
    I can handle that. Keep the charge soft on weekdays, then top it off the night before a bigger ride.
    Definitely going to keep using everything on big days. That was the point of the bikes after all.

Don't leave the battery sit below 40pct for long. Bump it back up to 60 or 70pct. Sitting at 20 or 30 on a regular basis puts stress on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    In NY about 20 minutes from Danbury CT.

https://www.bennobikes.com/ Your local Serfas dealer is also the Benno dealer but very few keep bikes in stock.
    Ha! We were in Cold Spring on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    2$: if I accidentally charge the battery to 100% and don’t immediately go for a ride, do you recommend I put the bike in the stand and spin it in walk mode until it’s back down to 80% charge?

No, it would take forever. Best thing is to spin it up hill at full assist when you can. Just bleeding off 5% will help. Think of it like a balloon. When its full to the brim its stretching and under stain. So bleeding off 5 percent from 100 takes more stress off than going from 75% to 70. The best case is keeping at 60 or 65% but anywhere between 55 and 80 will go a long way to keep the battery from declining over time (in addition to keeping it cool)

Eebolution. Just moar of the eeb leaning on trail signs

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmy2dollars View Post
    No, it would take forever. Best thing is to spin it up hill at full assist when you can. Just bleeding off 5% will help. Think of it like a balloon. When its full to the brim its stretching and under stain. So bleeding off 5 percent from 100 takes more stress off than going from 75% to 70. The best case is keeping at 60 or 65% but anywhere between 55 and 80 will go a long way to keep the battery from declining over time (in addition to keeping it cool)
    On Saturday I started with a full battery, did 7 miles with about 1200 feet of climbing using all three assist levels. When I finished it still showed 4 bars and had barely reduced the mileage remaining, it only drained about 10 miles off that. I left it alone and didn't plug it in at home. I've been on the road all week so will check it tomorrow morning when I get home and see where it's at. I'm starting to formulate a plan where I leave it alone after riding but top it off before I head out. There are so few hills around home that I can run in boost mode for more than a few seconds even though it's exceptionally hilly so a "quick drain" like what you suggest would be really tough. I also won't ride on pavement unless forced to so...

2$ we should hook up for a ride soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    "15 miles today, 900 feet climbing" Really? need a ebike?, I going to assume you are 80 years old or have some type of disability. Good for you to be getting out.
    Our standard ride these days is 10 miles & 1800 feet straight up. The descent is 2 miles of some of the gnarliest trail in the region. We do 2 laps. In the fall & winter I plan to start hauling tools up to build more trail and maintain what’s up there.
    Am I worthy? Oh wait! I don’t give a fuck what you think. I’m in this for me, and the missus. And she’s telling me she’s having more fun than ever. By an order of magnitude.
    So why don’t you go eat a bag of dicks.

It sounds like you should not be charging very often. Maybe every 3 to 5 rides, maybe longer. Measuring the voltage is the only real way to know what's happening for sure, but if you still have 4 bars and same range it seems your still near full capacity.

I hear you about riding pavement. I rode on the road during college back in the late 70s.
    Got back east and MTN bikes started to show up and I never thought about road riding again till about 10 years ago. I started getting pretty freaked about ticks. Which I seemed to find on me every other ride. So back to the road for 6 or 7 years till the car traffic and cell phone distracted drivers got to me..... So been back in the woods that I love. But my strategy now is to forgo single track that has any areas that you contact the brush...... Not ideal but I have 30 miles of double track nearby and I love being in the woods again. As an added bonus, these new bikes are so much more capable than my old 26rs, I'm riding better than ever!

Re ride. Maybe blue MTN? I haven't been there in years. Open to other ideas

I could do Blue but there's a good chance we will get a hard time on the e-mtb's. There are some less popular but still super fun spots where the local riders are less likely to be dicks. For me ticks have been pretty much a non issue. We brew up a cocktail of essential oils that is very effective against them and most other mini pests. Maybe I'll pop across the river to your side and we meet at Sterling Forest, the trails there have gotten a great reputation over the last 2 years and if we go on a weekday pretty good chance the anti-e crowd won't be a problem. There's also a really fun network in Yorktown that I ride most often and there are a bunch of us on e-mtb's there and I've yet to hear of any of us getting a hard time there.

Yeah that's the plan, less frequent charging and I'll just trust that the gauge is right. Maybe you can teach us how to use the meter properly. I'm kind of afraid I'll short something out. I can do lots of mechanical type stuff and do it well but electrical stuff is far from being one of my strong points so I stay away from it.

Gravity,
    Sounds good. I've heard good things about sterling Forest too but never been there. When we meet, I'll bring a meter and take a look at your battery.