Page 72 of 197 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 4912
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_15c4.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	321.6 KB 
ID:	286984
    Don't know how to download video to the thread. And for whatever reason, the app won't let me add a screen capture from my phone, while the desktop version does.
    Anyway, got about 3,600 vertical and 20 miles on Sunday to access some of Virginia's finest steep technical trail. Was quite pleasant on the 5 miles of pavement and ass load of gravel climbing. Surprisingly more of a workout than anyone would guess, but never grueling. That's the biggest difference.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_15c4.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	321.6 KB 
ID:	286984
    Don't know how to download video to the thread. And for whatever reason, the app won't let me add a screen capture from my phone, while the desktop version does.
    Anyway, got about 3,600 vertical and 20 miles on Sunday to access some of Virginia's finest steep technical trail. Was quite pleasant on the 5 miles of pavement and ass load of gravel climbing. Surprisingly more of a workout than anyone would guess, but never grueling. That's the biggest difference.
    Good pic, albeit blurry, looking way ahead letting’r fly. Friends rented the Rocky powerplays yesterday. They were pretty pumped with big ol grins. They said the same that it was quite the workout with the weight and it took a little getting used to braking points on the steep downs. Their arms were hanging. Park is opening soon here and whistler just gave the go ahead on them

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Good pic, albeit blurry, looking way ahead letting’r fly. Friends rented the Rocky powerplays yesterday. They were pretty pumped with big ol grins. They said the same that it was quite the workout with the weight and it took a little getting used to braking points on the steep downs. Their arms were hanging. Park is opening soon here and whistler just gave the go ahead on them
    Most of my action shots are captured from videos since cell phones suck at taking pictures of anything moving. Still sucks, just less and sometimes there's an actually passable pic in there.
    I don't get your thing about upper body workout on the ebike. I ride it like a bike. It kind of forces you to be more cognizant of staying centered on the bike, and the timing is a bit different when loading for a jump. But for riding, it feels like a bike to me. 3,600 feet of climbing though, I was feeling more regular old biking workout than anticipated. 2 hours of sustained climbing on a gravel road felt a lot like 2 hours of pedaling on a flat greenway. Sore ass, Tired legs.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Exactly. I think weight actually helps in the down, especially with 180mm travel

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk
    Hmmmm, maybe I should add small weights on my frame on my 'regular' bike then, thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post

29 not my thing but mebee Kwoo can do us a remake in his unique style.
    Some pew pews would fit with the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Hmmmm, maybe I should add small weights on my frame on my 'regular' bike then, thanks for the tip
    No, you should add a lot more travel.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Inquired about that Hermes mid motor retrofit system, $2650 is too much for me.

They are very nice and responded quickly to me.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Inquired about that Hermes mid motor retrofit system, $2650 is too much for me.

They are very nice and responded quickly to me.
    That's what I was thinking. I hear they're quite nice but that's almost the price of a complete eeb

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

~140 years of technological progress and we're still using gearsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190629_101902.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	287194
    This is in an area with a bunch of old granite quarries that were in use from about the Civil War until WWII. There's all sorts of super cool stuff to ride over and through here.

edit: I have no idea why that shoe picture is there and I can't make it go away. Fuck me and my computer savvy self
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190626_095128.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	287193  

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ~140 years of technological progress and we're still using gearsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190629_101902.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	287194
    This is in an area with a bunch of old granite quarries that were in use from about the Civil War until WWII. There's all sorts of super cool stuff to ride over and through here.

edit: I have no idea why that shoe picture is there and I can't make it go away. Fuck me and my computer savvy self
    Dude you’re feet are really small. “Do you bike your true mondo size?”

Edit: Fawk the shoe photo won’t even show up in your quote.

Haha they're not my shoes just something I have for sale and had taken a pic of last week to send to someone (that didn't buy them anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I'm fast becoming bitter, as elderly fuckwits do 30 mph on the bike paths near my home.

Sometimes I make small unpredictable pedestrian movements that should prompt an evasive, defensive riding response from them, nothing. Zero.

bitterness increasing daily.
    I kinda came here to post something similar. More and more mostly-oblivious ecyclists on my local loops.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Pretty sure Whistler gave the go ahead for eebers. They sent an invitation to Chris Smith from embn on the last show.

Also revelstoke mountain resort just cut the ribbon on their mountain bike park. 5620ft vertical jump trail and a few other options. Eebers are welcome and will help climb the final 1500ft off the top of the gondi. Looks like day pass is only $35 and seasons pass is $169cad

I know Blowshoe rents Ebikes, Trek. Not sure if its for XC or for use in the park stuff.
    watch out for snakes

Atleast a couple options in town to rent. The hill rents something(not sure what though) and a store in town rents rocky powerplays.
    The cycling association is developing an enduro network , in a previously underdeveloped area, that might be open now too or atleast soon and ebikes are allowed there I think. I think there might be 6 different mountains(including the resort) surrounding town where they're allowed now(that was their intention I believe)

That new Bosch mid motor looks pretty sweet, lighter for the same torque.
    watch out for snakes

Ya definitely. That bulky display is a bit strange, especially mounted on the stem. I'd smash that fairly quick I'm sure. New trek rail will have it and they've mounted it on the top tube behind the stem. Should be good there. Hopefully others will do that. I'm waiting to see if kona releases a new bike with that 4th gen Bosch. The older Bosch, because of bulk, necessitates crazy long chainstays so I never considered a Bosch bike. 4th gen Bosch bikes have short stays and kona are usually priced well so could be a decent option

So let me tell you about how torque sensors can SUCK. When you're under a heavy (pedaling) load and a branch kicks into your back wheel and it wont stop. When 14 spokes tear out in a fraction of a second and you're miles out the walk sux

Ouch!! They're the adventures you remember. Note yo self.
    I'm hoping to demo one this weekend. Devinci is having a demo in town and they're bringing eebs

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ouch!! They're the adventures you remember. Note yo self.
    I'm hoping to demo one this weekend. Devinci is having a demo in town and they're bringing eebs

Be warned.
    Every person who’s been on mine either laughs or blurts out “oh God!” Within the first second.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Be warned.
    Every person who’s been on mine either laughs or blurts out “oh God!” Within the first second.

I hope so . Buddy next door and his friend rented and came back with a shit eating grin. They did mention the weight and needing good brakes and ended with a good workout because they pushed the pedals as per usual. They definitely had a hoot though

Oh for sure. I get off the thing just as worked as on any acoustic bike but it's more of an upper body workout.

That's what they said. I was surprised when they said they had to stop halfway down the trail. They dont stop for much and if they do they wouldn't admit it. I think a bit of time on one and itll be more intuitive. Being used to the bike and less adjusting for a strange bike will make it less work to move around. Log in some dh miles and I think they might be atleast less work. The latest embn show had some kid doing his best Chris Akrigg impression on one. He must come from moto trials background because hes moving it around like nothing , doing some crazy shit

Only upper body workout I get with mine is loading it on the hitch rack.
    Full 5-6 min downhills and the only thing I’m still adapting to is the long wheelbase and wagon wheels. Weight does not come up when riding nearly as much as fun times.

Idk maybe it's the longer downhill. They're both long time Whistler bike park rats capable of anything in the park without a thought. They were on board with the bike being super fun though. They had rocky mountain emtb's. A touch heavier but not a ton