Page 71 of 197 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 4901
    This future battery tech is a ways off. Musk isn't tweeting about any new chemistries yet and when he does it'll still be five years away.

I would buy one but it doesn't fit with this years budget.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

The baofang are supposed to be very quite. No interest in the ludicrous or throttle for where I could use it. Not sure where that leaves the weight at. Found it interesting that Brendan Fairclough’s scott dh bike last year was 42lbs and Gee Atherton’s commencal when he won world champs(Josh would’ve won if he hadn’t rocketed to flat and snapped his foot) was 44lbs. There’s a few emtb’s that could be made that light or lighter. Possibly a number of them next year

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    I read the specs, it's a carbon frame mated to the lightest Bafang mid motor available. Battery is integrated to the frame but also removable. Not sure current tech could get the weight down any Moar.

Maybe future battery technology could bring the weight down possibly.
    More carbon in the whole motor assembly, perhaps? They are still really heavy without the battery, FWIW, so there is room there for some reductions, IMO.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Motors have saved a 2-3 lbs with smaller cases made from magnesium. Specialized saved another lb off their frame buy mounting the motor directly to the frame without an aluminium carriage. The new battery cells are thicker so the battery packs are denser,making them lighter but most companies have applied the weight loss of those batteries into 625 or 700w battery up from 500 . 45lb bikes should be common. Possible to take 3-4 lbs more off with some exotic parts and beaucoup $’s

I don't find the weight to be a problem. Sometimes when I have to lift it over a downed tree or push up a hill but as far as handling, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Yes, you douche, they should watch for pedestrians, and everybody/thing else and ride at a speed they can safely handle.
    Typical angry pedestrian response, walking around ear buds in, staring at phone then gets pissed when biker goes by and scares you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I don't find the weight to be a problem. Sometimes when I have to lift it over a downed tree or push up a hill but as far as handling, not so much.
    Exactly. I think weight actually helps in the down, especially with 180mm travel

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

skip to 6.00 for removable mid motor mount dohicky
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Typical angry pedestrian response, walking around ear buds in, staring at phone then gets pissed when biker goes by and scares you.
    you are mischaracterizing ill advised
    he gets it
    he only cares that people are being douches/ not respectful of other users
    douches are everywhere- in cars, on bikes, walking and I ridicule them online equally
    skid luxury

Merica made Ebikes

Their trikes look pretty kewl.

watch out for snakes

Now we’re talking!

This

Or this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6001E6AC-0EC0-446C-A3AF-AF09A66281D6.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	321.6 KB 
ID:	286698

The commencal ebikes are my favorites thus far.
    watch out for snakes

They are doing a good job . Well thought out. Current bike is still great but those 2020's are amazing. A lot of little details added as well. So far it's the bike that I'd change the lease. A couple tiny personal fit/contact changes but not much at all. It seems like the shimsno motor is the most reliable and the easiest to get company support from.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Look at how clean this is. Do want.
    https://www.outsideonline.com/239075...ea-gain-e-bike
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Look at how clean this is. Do want.
    https://www.outsideonline.com/239075...ea-gain-e-bike
    Motor seems like it might be a direct competitor of the fazua. I wish they talked more about the motor. Fazua is supposed to set up distribution in N America for next year(possibly this fall). I'd like my trail/bc bike to have a removable motor like that. 30ish pounds with out motor/battery and 40lbs with and no drag(150/160mm travel)

Edit: that's a hub motor. Should be options already available to convert your existing bike. Keep your eye on fazua and any updates. 60nm of torque in a mid drive removable motor

Commencal doesn’t even try to make a small frame. Weak sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Ya that's strange. They did in 2018. Maybe they just dont stock them on this side of the pond, or atleast until they're selling more. 19's have decent standover and the reach on a medium would probably be a small in 2020's measurements. I was going to get a large 2018 on blowout pricing . The only thing that cancelled that was the sea tube went from 440 on a medium to 490 on a large. Crazy jump between those sizes meant itd be touch and go whether or not I'd get a 125 dropper in there let alone the 150 that I wanted. I think a small '18 had a 410 or 420st , 440med then bam 490. Wtf. Still kicking myself for not getting the '18 on black Friday for 4000cad(the good one with rockshox coil and spank rims/fack!!).

29 not my thing but mebee Kwoo can do us a remake in his unique style.
    watch out for snakes

He fast ^^ hate to be pedaling up that lower trail when he is coming down.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

loved the locked up back wheel and all the skid turns. I wish everyone rode like this, the trails would be so much better, way more techy and broken up. Shows how little impact ebikes have an a trail.

Ya because clearly it was only because there was an E before the bike that it was skidding

Can we discuss mid drives a bit? I’ve got a karate monkey I’ve been considering building up. Bafang seems prolific, is it any good? Others I should look at? Mostly for exploring and kayak shuttles.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

The bafang is probably the most reasonable one. Good price, good rep and quiet. A friend is super happy with his on a dh bike in the prairies.

Other boutique brands are quite nice but quite pricey also.
    These are pretty sweet:
    https://www.instagram.com/paradoxkinetics/

And these guys
    https://www.lift-mtb.com/accueil-faq-english/

Must be something in here too, can’t remember

I may want to do the add on mid motor to my salsa buzzkill one day or upgrade my 2009 FSR Stumpy.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    The wife's vintage Bridgestone MB3 had been sitting in the garage idle and unloved for what seems like forever. Mounted a Bafang mid-drive with a UPP rackmount power pack and the bike now has new life as a stealth supercommuter, you can barely tell it's an ebike. It's able to get her to work as fast as her car (taking traffic & PITA parking at the U into account), and waaay more fun.

Attachment 284033
    Bump this up . I'd like to find and old classic and do this. Slack 80's handbuilt. This build is stuck in my mind