Page 173 of 197 FirstFirst ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    No, the type 1 I'm talking about are generally older, overweight, or people who mostly stick to ATV's and dirt bikes. Yeah, there are the people that ride class 3's around town, but that's a whole separate thing.

The type 1's that I'm talking about aren't riding the rowdiest trails, but they're definitely out on singletrack. And since they're people that haven't spent much time on mountain bikes in the past, they're generally the people that are the most oblivious. Bluetooth speakers, blowing past families at speed, riding on trails that aren't even close to being reasonable to poach on an emtb, etc.

So yes, the type 2's don't tend to be a huge issue. The type 1's are most definitely an issue though.
    I've been riding the rail trail because of my injury and there are many ebikers out there. It is dirt/gravel/some mud and a couple "tighter" spots from weeds tightening up the trail. I passed a couple ebikers going the opposite direction and the woman almost ran into me trying to go around me. I slowed a bit as I approached, but not much. I'm out there trying to maintain fitness and it was plenty wide to go past someone. It was somewhat comical, but also a bit...weird. I didn't know what to think. She was incredibly unstable on flat ground, but was out having fun maybe? She should have stopped and let me go by until she's comfortable on a bike imo, but those people just really don't know anything about riding.

Has anyone who has ridden a mid drive and a hub drive bike, prefer the hub drive?

My wife just got a new mid drive e bike and it's nice and well spec'd but even on PAS 1 it seems to be helping more than I think it should.

My hub drive fat bike conversion doesn't pedal as intuitively but I can make it do less once I understand how it works.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

yeah so a couple months ago a buddy (mid 50's reasonbably fit) said he was getting his wife an e-bike cuz she couldn't keep up

I asked if he was also getting an E-bike and he said no but he also ordered a new acoustic Norco

I offered that she better really like him cuz he will suck so bad on an acoustic bike comparatively speaking

i think they did one ride and he bought himself an E-bike

and buddy sez " yeah you were 100% right "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Gee, I guess not a surprise but Ibis going "E" is a surprise to me. Not a hybrid or ultra light but full on big travel, big battery trail eater. Will they sell? My guess is yes and will be up there with Santa Cruz as the premium brand for this market.

I'm not crazy about the styling and yeah the competition would be the SC Bullit

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    Will they sell?
    At 53 lbs and with styling stolen from the Polygon Xquarone, I'm guessing not well

thro a 6lb motor and an 8 lb battery on a enduro bike, some DD tires and you are gona be almost 50 lbs for a full on E bike, in comparison to 53 for the OSO SC claims 49lbs for the Bullit

I wonder if the dumb lights are removable. 900 lumen bar light is puny. I run 2,000 on the bars and 1,200 on the helmet.

Like most ebikes, I feel like the spec is pretty lousy for the price. The 38 Performance can be upgraded to a GRIP2 and the fart valves, but it's got the round steerer tube, which seems like a terrible choice for an ebike given Fox's CSU history. Ibis rims & hubs (i.e. Novatech). Dual compound tires.

The Bosch display looks nicer than Shimano, but not nicely integrated in the TT like Specialized or Rocky. And the remote is pointlessly massive compared to all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I wonder if the dumb lights are removable. 900 lumen bar light is puny. I run 2,000 on the bars and 1,200 on the helmet.

Like most ebikes, I feel like the spec is pretty lousy for the price. The 38 Performance can be upgraded to a GRIP2 and the fart valves, but it's got the round steerer tube, which seems like a terrible choice for an ebike given Fox's CSU history. Ibis rims & hubs (i.e. Novatech). Dual compound tires.

The Bosch display looks nicer than Shimano, but not nicely integrated in the TT like Specialized or Rocky. And the remote is pointlessly massive compared to all the rest.
    I found the spec confusing because they put Fox Factory 38s on even the lowest spec carbon Ripmos (NGX build). This bike would seem a clearer beneficiary from the 38 in general, it's much more expensive, but it gets only the Performance.

I'm sad that Ibis didn't hold the line, but at least they are clear eyed about the fact that mopeding isn't the same as bicycling.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screensho_20221004_111238.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	428665
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

According to the artical Ibis had built 2 e-bikes but scraped them cuz they weren't good enough which is why they were late to the game as oposed to holding any line

Electric Bike Thread

We were just in Northern Italy for two weeks. Rode 12 days. Half the days on analog bikes, half on Ebikes.
    Nobody gives any shits about whether you’re on an Ebike. Tons of mixed Ebike/anolog groups because folks are climbing beasts out there.
    It was refreshing.
    We had a couple big self shuttle days. And a couple shuttle days with big explore thanks to the Ebike. Ability to explore with a battery was wicked fun and we found some trails we never would have bothered with on analog bikes.
    Even spent a rest day on E Townie bikes. Like sitting straight up, narrow swept back handlebar, low curved top tube. Was fucking amazing. Did like 18 miles, including a massive climb I would have definitely walked on an analog bike. Just to buy balsamic vinegar. Would 100% buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Mo-Ped'aling is right. Fuckin hell, love the zapper. Really eases pulling kids and/or trailbuilding tools up the hill. Also eases the load on my sad knee.

Thinking about throwing a 27.5 rear on the Rise to get a mullet, 160/160, 64 HTA. Should be a hoot.

MoPeds for the People!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Has anyone who has ridden a mid drive and a hub drive bike, prefer the hub drive?

My wife just got a new mid drive e bike and it's nice and well spec'd but even on PAS 1 it seems to be helping more than I think it should.

My hub drive fat bike conversion doesn't pedal as intuitively but I can make it do less once I understand how it works.

Im not familiar with pas1 but ill use the shimano system for default. All the modes eco, trail and boost can be dialed back. Eco could be next to nothing assist. Both eco and boost assist a set amount of nm(newton metres) when you push on the pedals. Trail works off the tourque sensor more. In trail when you push lightly on the pedals it supplies light assist. When you push hard it will sense that and supply more nm's. Most other systems?bosch, brose,yamaha,etc) have similar systems. Maybe your wifes bike has a way to alter each mode and/or a mode that works off the tourque sensor more? Tourque sensor modes make the bike feel more intuitive

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Thinking about throwing a 27.5 rear on the Rise to get a mullet, 160/160, 64 HTA. Should be a hoot.
    Did that with mine. Long stroked the shock too, from the stock 210x55 to a 216x63.

You gotta range extender?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Im not familiar with pas1 but ill use the shimano system for default. All the modes eco, trail and boost can be dialed back. Eco could be next to nothing assist. Both eco and boost assist a set amount of nm(newton metres) when you push on the pedals. Trail works off the tourque sensor more. In trail when you push lightly on the pedals it supplies light assist. When you push hard it will sense that and supply more nm's. Most other systems?bosch, brose,yamaha,etc) have similar systems. Maybe your wifes bike has a way to alter each mode and/or a mode that works off the tourque sensor more? Tourque sensor modes make the bike feel more intuitive

Yeah I'm going to call the manufacturer and ask.

It's a bafang mid drive motor. I know I've read that those should be able to be programmed but not sure when it's part of the bike and not an add on / kit.

Also, by PAS1 I mean in pedal assist level 1 out of 9.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

You like???

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Did that with mine. Long stroked the shock too, from the stock 210x55 to a 216x63.

You gotta range extender?
    Yep.

I've just received some offset bushings. Will pop one of those in the rear for now with the Float X. That will drop the HTA to 64.5-65*. I'm running it 160 (Mezzer) / 140 (Float X) right now. Considering doing the mullet thing, but it would just be for shits and giggles. The bike is already fun as hell and very capable as is.

With a short rear wheel, it would add some playfulness. The extra travel is just a bonus for me.

What stock did you put on the rear? I'm most likely to grab a used DHX2 or similar coil shock, and try it at 160/160 with both 29", before buying the small wheel.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    You like???

What stock did you put on the rear? I'm most likely to grab a used DHX2 or similar coil shock, and try it at 160/160 with both 29", before buying the small wheel.
    I gotta DVO and set it up with a single offset bushing from new, never rode it as a full 29er. Was contemplating the DHX2 but it was last summer and there were none available so I just got what I could find. I was told in order to run the longer shock, it had to be mulleted or the bigger wheel would hit with the increased travel.
    I was also just gonna go 160 up front but when I asked the guys at the LBS about a longer air shaft for the stock 150 fork, they told me it would fit a 170 if I wanted. So I went bigger. At times it feels a bit chopperish but I like the squish.

Overall I'm pretty stoked on the bike. I joke it's my underpowered ebike but that's mostly because my girl's on her 2nd E and she and some of our friends all ride their Levos in full turbo all the time. They did a big 40 mile point to point ride last fall and even brought spare batteries. I'd love to join 'em this fall and have been considering the Range Extender but hard for me to justify the cost for just 1 or 2 rides a year. Do you use yours much? I asked the guys at the Sports Hub last week if they had one for rent but they just offered to sell me one. If only I knew someone who had one.....
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

So, another surprise in the Ibis Ebike story. Brian Kennedy is now pitching the Ibis Ebike. For those of you who don't know of him, he is a YouTube MTBer, dedicated trail rider and most certainly gets out there and promotes MTB. With all the time and energy he has given, this switch is interesting............

^^ Wanted to love it, but don't. The price alone doesn't seem realistic, comparing to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    So, another surprise in the Ibis Ebike story. Brian Kennedy is now pitching the Ibis Ebike. For those of you who don't know of him, he is a YouTube MTBer, dedicated trail rider and most certainly gets out there and promotes MTB. With all the time and energy he has given, this switch is interesting............
    Why's that surprising? He's been an Ibis shill (sorry, "influencer") for a few years now. I don't watch his videos but I'm aware just from seeing on YouTube's feed that he's bought some land up in the Sierras and is developing trails on it. And he likes to do big backcountry rides, so ebike makes sense for that.

It's cool that Ibis and Pole are competing to see who can build the fugliest ebike.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    ^^ Wanted to love it, but don't. The price a, lone doesn't seem realistic, comparing to the market.
    https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en...ullit#overview

Actulay thats about the $$$$$ (thats a can $) an entry level Bullit would cost, same with the Yeti E-bike which are always the competition for the each other in the dental categorey that is SC/ Ibis/ Yeti

But I agree the OSO doesnt speak to me maybe its the color maybe its the wierd styling they got going on,

whereas i bought a Bullit after looking at a picture ... i think it was better lighting

Shit , 2 of my fave current bikes are the pole and this ibis(in long travel mode 170r/180f). The ibis in particular. Mullet, dw link, bosch, lt, geo is perfect, tons of standover, room for a big waterbottle. Should be quieter with the elevated swingarm too. Ez to mullet the pole also i guess. Not sure if it accepts a big bottle. Next year theyll both have boschs new small mode selector and tt display screen probably

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en...ullit#overview

Actulay thats about the $$$$$ (thats a can $) an entry level Bullit would cost, same with the Yeti E-bike which are always the competition for the each other in the dental categorey that is SC/ Ibis/ Yeti

But I agree the OSO doesnt speak to me maybe its the color maybe its the wierd styling they got going on,

whereas i bought a Bullit after looking at a picture ... i think it was better lighting
    I was thinking more YT/Specialized/Giant. Those are what most people are on in my local area. Either way, your point is understood, these things are expensive.