Page 169 of 197 FirstFirst ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4912
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I see ebikes being allowed everywhere mountain bikes are currently allowed in the near future. However, I also see ebikes ensuring mountain bikers never see their access increased in National Forests or National Parks. Hopefully, it won't decrease but I don't see it increasing other than a few isolated spots here and there.
    This. Mopeders will eventually rue the days when they poached so many non-motorized trails and earned so much ill-will by pretending that their motor vehicles are bicycles. They are ruining it for everyone.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Electric Bike Thread

Thoughts on this eMTB for someone testing the waters:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...bikes-29er.htm

Or this for a eRoad bike: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...ck-express.htm

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

That's like if someone was wanting to get into mountain biking and they got this:

Is it technically a mountain bike? I guess so. Can you theoretically ride it off road? Sure. Is it a complete piece of shit that will make everything about the experience less fun and kinda dangerous? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That's like if someone was wanting to get into mountain biking and they got this:

Is it technically a mountain bike? I guess so. Can you theoretically ride it off road? Sure. Is it a complete piece of shit that will make everything about the experience less fun and kinda dangerous? Absolutely.
    Can you explain what makes it a POS? Components? Bad motor/battery? Just trying to learn.

Can you explain what makes it a POS? Components? Bad motor/battery? Just trying to learn.
    Everything. Bikes direct doesn't have some magical formula that allows them to make a good ebike for a couple grand less than everyone else. Every single piece of that bike is bottom of the line. I doubt the frame would hold up to any real riding, the components are junk, and the batteries are small and are almost certainly poorly wired generics that will catch fire if left on the charger overnight.

Buy a reasonably priced used ebike that's made by a reputable brand. If you like it, great. If not, sell it for a bit less than you paid for it.

I think you should but 2 of them, one of each.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Everything. Bikes direct doesn't have some magical formula that allows them to make a good ebike for a couple grand less than everyone else. Every single piece of that bike is bottom of the line. I doubt the frame would hold up to any real riding, the components are junk, and the batteries are small and are almost certainly poorly wired generics that will catch fire if left on the charger overnight.

Buy a reasonably priced used ebike that's made by a reputable brand. If you like it, great. If not, sell it for a bit less than you paid for it.
    Is pinkbike still the best place to buy used?

Is that a rebranded Ellsworth🧐?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is pinkbike still the best place to buy used?
    If your location has enough people to have an active craigslist / fb marketplace, personally I'd always rather buy something I can see in person. Especially since shipping an ebike is more complicated. Otherwise, yeah, pinkbike.

Would this ebike be a nice alternative to a road bike, to ride in the mountains (on bike paths)?

https://www.aventon.com/products/sol...41304291967171

Maybe we'll see short cage der options for emtb/mtb soon. Come on dt swiss!

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cla...-wheel-brands/

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Electric Bike Thread

Would this ebike be a nice alternative to a road bike, to ride in the mountains (on bike paths)?

https://www.aventon.com/products/sol...41304291967171
    With a 36V, 350W brushless rear hub motor, would that be too underpowered to climb up 6-8% grades?

I love the clean look of this ebike:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4242.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	421628

I think that E-Bike is the answer to all your questions.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I think that E-Bike is the answer to all your questions.
    Thoughts on the specs based on what I’m looking for in terms of riding hills?

With a 36V, 350W brushless rear hub motor, would that be too underpowered to climb up 6-8% grades?
    Stay tuned. I found this in my garage when I go home yesterday. My brother surprised me with this 36v/350w Ancheer 5638. Intended use is the 200 mile rail to trail behind my house. I'll start a thread when I open the box. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebike.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	422245
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Stay tuned. I found this in my garage when I go home yesterday. My brother surprised me with this 36v/350w Ancheer 5638. Intended use is the 200 mile rail to trail behind my house. I'll start a thread when I open the box. Click image for larger version. 

Cool, I’m definitely interested!

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I had a chance to go 100 yards on an electric mountain bike and found my gateway to nirvana. I'm seeing more electric traffic on the rails to trails path behind my house. All around me are 100's of miles of logging and forest service roads. I know nothing. So what's up with electric? Peddle assist or throttle? Ni Cad or Lithium-ion or ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post

Congrats dood!! No can will say you blindly rushed into the purchase. Only 5 yrs. Jeans and no helmet?

I take after my mom. She wouldn't get a new washer until her fingers got caught in the wringer.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

We were just talking about those finger in the wringer on the old machines at work last week. Co worker said screw the bearing replacement diy and bought a new machine. The ol finger jammer would probably still be working

I love the clean look of this ebike:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4242.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	421628
    Its so clean looking cuz there is no derailleir and its a single speed

Bunion is trying to fuck with you cuz he hates E-bikes
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Bunion is trying to fuck with you cuz he like fucking with people who think E-bikes are the same as non-motorized bikes
    FIFY

well thats a huge degree of hatred to fuck with an innocent TGR member by giving out bad info

it must eat you up inside to know mine runs great after working out the firmware

Please tell me what information I provided and.... Yep. I am but an empty vessel, hollowed out inside because your firmware is 100%.

Maybe you should harden the fuck up.

This could be bunion 22. The smile part anyway, just slower. No more bitter bunion. 22 brings a better bunion. Still slow af like mentioned sadly, but youll get there with the additional vert

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Please tell me what information I provided and.... Yep. I am but an empty vessel, hollowed out inside because your firmware is 100%.

Maybe you should harden the fuck up.
    the bike he asked for info on was a pile of shit as a mountain bikes go so you gave him bogus info, are you ignorant or stupid or fucking with him ?