Page 157 of 197 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4901
    Everyone i know who got one rides more than they did before. More mileage and vert obviously but the metric for comparison between mtb and emtb is hours. Theyre all riding more hours. The best training program is one thats fun. Theyre fun and because of that you'll ride more. Theyre fun for several reasons as stated above

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I sure as hell ride more in the winter, than I would without the ebike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1002.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	401206

I’m pretty sure I ride more than anyone else in the valley, with or without.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I sure as hell ride more in the winter, than I would without the ebike.

Name:	IMG_1002.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	401206

I’m pretty sure I ride more than anyone else in the valley, with or without.
    Nice one Shred! They make even more sense when there's snow involved. Many days a reg mtb wouldve been impossible and the eeb was a blast

In our riding area, if you drop out the trails which are basically old logging roads there are probably a dozen left which have some sort of challenging features. It would become pretty darn boring to ride the same trails, multiple times a week because you can make more loops. Somewhat like skiing at an area with one lift and 1/2 dozen runs. Sure I can make more runs if it had a high speed quad than a slow double, but what’s the point of just doing the same thing over and over.. If I was on an ebike, I’d probably have to go ride the dirt bike trails to find enough mileage to keep it interesting. But then I can just ride the dirt bike. If I lived somewhere with 100 of kms of mtn bike trails then maybe. Or as I said, when I need the assistance to ride what we have then yeh, I’ll get one

I'm giving notice at the E bike shop tomorrow. My dilemma is, on my way out the door, should I buy an Orbea Rise H30 (shimano EP8), Orbea Wild H30 (Bosch gen 4 cx) or Bulls E Stream AM4 (Brose s mag)? They're all within $600, I get cost plus $100. Bulls has the nicest parts spec on 27.5plus tires, Orbeas both 29. Bulls has the biggest battery and most power and most burly design, it weighs the most too. Power is not an issue, in my experience I rarely need more than eco.

Fucking 1st world problems.

You know more about motors than I.
    But I have a friend whose Brose powered Bulls tanked. Why does Bull’s equip their top of the line with an E8000?

Wild fs hands down. Gen4 is easily the most durable pulls atleast as good as the brose and much better than an rs, and bosch sips the battery the best and bosch seem to always have parts stock. Bosch batery is prob the easiest to find worldwide if you might travel with it. You may only use eco now but there's always a chance you'll use higher modes. There's a whole world of fun tech climbing out there and its super fun using turbo/boost on those and bosch probably pulls the best. I've heard good things about orbea support and not all good things from bulls. I wouldnt mind a rise as a 2nd eeb but full power eeb leaves nothing on the table

dude power is not the issue

IMO all thelatest motor/ battery are at a pretty good level (at least for my EP8/ 630 W battery ) i don't worry about having enough juice or enough power

so where you should be looking is at the overall package, the service,the actual mtn bike part

as opposed to watts and NM's
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Put some money down for an Orbea Rise M20 - it's in the shop and all mine!

Ordered a Mezzer to throw up front. Will get some 200 rotors, and otherwise run it stock for a bit and see how it goes. Eventually might upgrade the shock (comes with Float DPS) or even long-shock it to get 160 rear travel.

Psyched to ride it, but will probably just be looking at it until April!
    sproing!

Nothing wrong with the shimano. Its still super fun and works teally well. I do have a problem with their lack of ability to service them. Basically a bic pen. They seem to be low on replacement stock quite often too.
    As for power/tourque, they do lack. Just as a beta point, theyll never win an ews-E race so that says something. Dollars to donuts says you'll discover the tech climbing aspect to be a big draw of an emtb, if u havent already, and in those situations i can see that need for the same reason you describe the fun aspects of emtb's. Just that added flow on the uphill. A few km/hr isnt going to hurt anyone but it does equate to bike handling rather than just grunting to turn the pedals over. With the bosch its the same neuton metres of tourque but better transfer. More flow on more variety of uphill. Closer to the max of what a 2.5/2.6 tire will grab onto at the same time keeping the front end down and keeping rear traction while turning over the pedsls. The bosch is closer to perfection. I notice that on the yamaha as well. I bet the new pdx equipped giants are a killer bike. Lots of killrr bikes but if i had my choice it'd be bosch. Not in a rush to ditch my e8000 equipped decoy but beaver is deciding on a new bike.

Also apparently its not recommended to buy a bullit....

Name:	1642533087843898000058.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	401750

The red one is the front runner. I like the sericeability and support of the Bosch. It's probably the most supported motor out there, pretty much any bike shop that sells e bikes will have a Bosch bike on the floor and be able to plug it in and diagnose any problems.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

I had the Rise ^^ on order until the bullit came in and cha-ching,

unfortunately I never got a chance to see this vid

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Also apparently its not recommended to buy a bullit....

they couldn't get the battery out cuz they were trying to take the battery off the plate instead of just turning the 4mm holding it in as one is suposed to, probably the worst mtnbike reviewer eva who hasnt lost his gig yet

if he didnt suck he would know the Lavender ones are much faster

actualy I agree with him on SC colors, I am not crazy about most of the SC colors except the Lavender

Lavender is the new Turquoise

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I had the Rise ^^ on order until the bullit came in and cha-ching,

unfortunately I never got a chance to see this vid

they couldn't get the battery out cuz they were trying to take the battery off the plate instead of just turning the 4mm holding it in as one is suposed to, probably the worst mtnbike reviewer eva who hasnt lost his gig yet

if he didnt suck he would know the Lavender ones are much faster

actualy I agree with him on SC colors, I am not crazy about most of the SC colors except the Lavender

Lavender is the new Turquoise
    I like his channel. Good bunch of guys, "the dads army". An mtb keener and gives an objective opinion albeit not super tech. Really good at teh shittalk. Usually a good laugh. I'm sure he wanted to slag the other guys he rides with on sant cruz' but he was impressed w the bulllit

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post

Name:	1642533087843898000058.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	401750

The red one is the front runner. I like the sericeability and support of the Bosch. It's probably the most supported motor out there, pretty much any bike shop that sells e bikes will have a Bosch bike on the floor and be able to plug it in and diagnose any problems.
    You probably know but i think they updated the seatstays on the wild fs. The og ones had a noticeable flex when the brakes engaged. You may want to check that. They did replace them for anyone super quick as far as i had

I like his channel. Good bunch of guys, "the dads army". An mtb keener and gives an objective opinion albeit not super tech. Really good at teh shittalk. Usually a good laugh. I'm sure he wanted to slag the other guys he rides with on sant cruz' but he was impressed w the bulllit

Santa cruz must be the new Yeti ? But can't get the battery out of an E-bike ... pretty lame

Ya he doesnt do many reviews. Just riding different trails w his old dog crew and the occasional review. I havent looked at abullit ul close. My battery gets removed with 5 or 6 mm allen keys. He has had a bosch bike for the last couple bikes. The rail needs a key and then just clicks out. His current ktm probably just clicks out. Key is a bit overkill as are allen keys. I wish mine just clicked out. Pita doing it with an allen key. Plus my battery is attached to a plate. If i get a spare battery i'll want another plate to attach that battery to it. It'd suck swapping batteries onto the one mounting plate on the trail

In other news. Evdog got an ebike
    #iwant2beyourdogClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20220118_194221.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	401809

Ya he doesnt do many reviews. Just riding different trails w his old dog crew and the occasional review. I havent looked at abullit ul close. My battery gets removed with 5 or 6 mm allen keys. He has had a bosch bike for the last couple bikes. The rail needs a key and then just clicks out. His current ktm probably just clicks out. Key is a bit overkill as are allen keys. I wish mine just clicked out. Pita doing it with an allen key. Plus my battery is attached to a plate. If i get a spare battery i'll want another plate to attach that battery to it. It'd suck swapping batteries onto the one mounting plate on the trail

well Shimano uses a spring loaded catch with 4mm allen inside/ behind the plastic plate that you can't see, you acess the catch thru a hole in the plastic plate so its well hidden also its sometimes hard to hit the head of the catch by feel

be aware its not really a bolt its just a spring loaded catch that has an allen bolt head and you drop the battery by turning that Allen headed catch 1/4 turn rightey and then unlatching a spring thing

so its competely back asswards to normal conventions of tightening or loosening fasteners ... be careful you don't try to turn it the wrong way & fuck something up

Shop bro pointed this out to me when they delivered the Bullit, somebody should have pointed this out to the old fart in the vid

Ok that sounds pretty quick if you know the routine. Mine is actual bolts which isnt really a problem just a bit of overkill. Its the fact that the battery has to be removed from the downtube plate to swap in another battery that would make it a PITA. All our batteries will have 15% more watts in the same size in a year or 2. Thatll make a difference. Id still like some sort of clip on extender, maybe 200w

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    If you're looking for other data points to consider (and you're already leaning the way I'd have pushed), the charger that came with the Bosch on my Trek Rail has more than double the output of the Shimano charger on my buddy's Commencal Meta. When you're boondocking and wanting to recharge off your vehicle's inverter (or anytime you want a quick turnaround), that's a real consideration. My only gripe with Bosch (and it's a big one) is that there is zero programming that the owner can do on max output, assistance levels, modes, etc. And what they offer when you take it in to a shop/service center is a canned program that isn't what I want (and is 2 hours away!). I keep thinking that'll change and they'll finally cave, but so far no joy.

Bought the red one, then gave notice, then bought an electric car. Expensive day.

Congrats on all 3! Whats the car?
    Idk if you have a new gig but the stoked canada guy(JM) is in kelowna and was good to deal with. He seemz really on it. Good bike lines mtb and emtb. He must be expanding

The car is Hyundai Ioniq 5. They cut off preorders for 2022 15 minutes after I ordered mine. My new gig is senior electrical technologist at Stantec in Kelowna.

Holy shit, mega congrats. Bit of a pay raise w that im sure.
    Funny i was behind a hyundai today that looked like that but it was a 1.6t awd. Sporty lines. It had me wondering if they had an E model. Guess that answers that