Page 156 of 197 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4901
    Thanks for the positive feedback. It's been a challenging process

Anyone put their kid / toddler on a Stacyc? I’m looking at the 12. Hoping the boy will develop his riding skills faster and be able to handle more terrain. Eventually hoping to go on low key dirt rides together. I could see me trail running and him riding for a bit while he’s still on low.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Anyone put their kid / toddler on a Stacyc? I’m looking at the 12. Hoping the boy will develop his riding skills faster and be able to handle more terrain. Eventually hoping to go on low key dirt rides together. I could see me trail running and him riding for a bit while he’s still on low.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm planning on getting a 16 this spring for my 5 year old. He's got a big savings jar he keeps telling everyone "it's for my electric dirt bike!"
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    WANT!

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Surfers will not be giant gaping pussies and just let you hydrofoil away if you run into them.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    I'm planning on getting a 16 this spring for my 5 year old. He's got a big savings jar he keeps telling everyone "it's for my electric dirt bike!"
    Cool. It's really nice to have such kind of bike.

Try not to start any more fires, eh?

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-only/3486142/

Dumb post is dumb

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

No, Ebikes are dumb. /thread

they really suck if you can't afford one
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Nah he just wants to flex and tell evrryone how he doesnt need one. Such a badass. Like no one else ever put miles on an mtb. #justanotherposer

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    No, Ebikes are dumb. /thread
    You use an OHV to shuttle. Don’t judge.

I don't see any dumbasses on acoustic bike posts

there are dumb asses every where including on fat bikes

If the mighty XXX ends up on an ebike,
    We’ll all end up on ebikes.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=xx...ne&.tsrc=apple

MIghty ?

I've been mighty jobless for the last 16 yars which means i have the time to wank about on TGR where I write the 26000 posts

The local club exec, the builder various other local cool kids have E-bikes so before i bought mine with the OAS checks so I did my research

So its just a matter of time before everyone ages into them

either that or take up pickleball
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-12-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    So its just a matter of time before everyone ages into them
    Yep, groomers and Ebikes are inevitable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1004.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	400903

Very few cyclists could get up this pitch, with the soft snow we currently have, without some assistance.

Ya always boggles the mind that the turds always want to slag the E. They'll wish they hadnt at some point guaranteed. That "some point" could be to.orrow. you just never know when shits going to go sideways. Even if they weren't semi necesssry theyre missing out on so much more harmless fun than a regular mtb

Fucking E bikes. They suck, I wish I could afford a new one like the Orbea Rise H30 I just sold to a 75ish YO guy.

I was in my shop looking around last night 5 of my bikes were in the room, 4 were E Bikes. A Giant Stiletto custom fitted with a home made mid drive system, Rocky Mt Slayer with a Bafang BBS02, Vision R40 recumbent with an over volted 2 speed hub motor (coolest hub motor I've seen), Moose E Fat with Shimano E8000 & a Moose non electric fat bike (it hasn't moved this winter).
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    You use an OHV to shuttle. Don’t judge.
    Sure, but I don't take my dual sport on non-motorized trails and pretend its a pedal bike. It has also never spontaneously ignited.

I don't see you posting about non issues on trails with emtbs or about any random electrical fires on anything but emtbs. Youre a moran that can't figure out that there isnt a rash of incidents with emtb , either on the trail with user conflict or environmental erosion or that there isn't anymore electrical fires than anything else with an electric battery but here you are pointing out nonsense all just to tell everyone how rad you think you are. Pro tip/you should mind your own business , especially if youre not very smart

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Sure, but I don't take my dual sport on non-motorized trails and pretend its a pedal bike. It has also never spontaneously ignited.
    You obviously like to ride. I’m betting you’ll be on an Ebike at some point. Probably within the next five years.
    That is, if your phone, laptop or bike lights don’t kill you first.

I really like riding mountain bikes, but one of the reasons is for the challenge and exercise of doing it. Adding an ebike into that, especially since we don’t have huge mileage of trails available would just make it more boring since it would be an endless repeat of the same trails due to the longer distance you can cover in the same time. Only place I’d like it would be on the shuttle serviced trails, but since a lot of them are above my skill level it would still mean riding the same couple of trails over and over.

I’ll stick to my dirt bike for powered travel until I need an ebike on order to mountain bike at all.

Chances are you find trails that you wouldnt otherwise consider. I ride 2 way trails in the other direction that i normaly sould so that gives me more trails. I repeat laps to refine the skills, much like you'd do at a ski resort. Riding the oppodite direction often means you'll be riding up the more tech sections. Super fun and challenging and a great workout. Do all that enough and you'd be picking your way down the dh shuttle trails. Mileage/vert , like anyfhing, is ghe key to progression whether young or old. I like it , especially early season to bang off the rust on stuff im comfortable with to get back up to speed for tge season safely. If there's a few obstacles creating a trail that you avoid you can now ride it a few times. Preride, reride, freeride. If you go around thise obstacles 10 or 20 or 30 tines, one by one they come into play or they don't . Its not a race. Its fun

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    I re,ally like riding mountain bikes, but one of the reasons is for the challenge and exercise of doing it. Adding an ebike into that, especially since we don’t have huge mileage of trails available would just make it more boring since it would be an endless repeat of the same trails due to the longer distance you can cover in the same time. Only place I’d like it would be on the shuttle serviced trails, but since a lot of them are above my skill level it would still mean riding the same couple of trails over and over.

I’ll stick to my dirt bike for powered travel until I need an ebike on order to mountain bike at all.
    What happens in real life is you just ride more so instead of dieing doing one up and down doing 1 lap you do 2 or more, its only E assisted so you still gota ride the e-bike, so i can ride at least twice as far as for speed they are limited at < 32 kph It means I get to rail berms going up AND downhill but it doesnt mean I get to break rules ... this isnt Nam

I still get exercise but Instead of pedaling at redline until my heart is about to kack or i have to stop when i don't make a feature, I just ride up the whole way with no stops, I get to the top check the heart rate and its at an uninterrupted 110BPM for 45minutes so E-bike is its better for my heart

but the wierdest thing is that even at 5'8"/ 162/ normal BMI of 24 ( so not fat) is that fasting weight test in the AM I would have lost weight that I would not normaly lose on an acoustic bike, thats because 110BPM is right in the fat burning zone while at 150+ on an acoustic bike you don't burn any fat SO Ebike is good for losing weight

A blown ACL pushed the issue for me ... do I wana stop mtnbiking or go E ? SO i ordered a lightly assisted Orbea but then I got to thinking aloud to shop bro " So should I just go big instead?" he flashed me a pict of the Bullit and cha-ching

I suspect the question is not " will I ever buy an E-bike , its when ? "

I had been anti E-bike but I am willing to admit i was rong
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-14-2022 at 01:27 PM.