Page 154 of 197 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4901

Electric Bike Thread

These error codes make me wonder about getting ‘direct to consumer’ e-bikes. Who’s gonna deal with the warranty on the motors and electronics? Regular bikes are simpler and I can wrench on them myself. Electronics is a different animal.

Doesnt matter. Warrantee is dealt with by the motor company either way. If you havent any experience on an emtb youre probably comfortable staying with your non E mtb. If you've had an emtb youll want to stay with the emtb. The motor adds 1k-1500 to the price of a bike but you'll ride 50% more and have a better experience and experience different fun methods of riding. Husqvarna has a 160/150 emtb for a few hun more than my online commencal meta am 29 mtb. Cheap as. Buy a spare motor and an extra battery and still many thousands less than a speshialized or yeti , etc, etc

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    These error codes make me wonder about getting ‘direct to consumer’ e-bikes. Who’s gonna deal with the warranty on the motors and electronics? Regular bikes are simpler and I can wrench on them myself. Electronics is a different animal.

If you love bikes, you’ll end up with both.
    Guarantfuckingteed.

So I got a chance to pickup a used Voltbike Yukon 750 from a buddy for 1500 Canukian $, they are 2200 new right now

https://www.voltbike.com/voltbike-yu...ited-2018.html

he only has maybe 300 kms on it, drove it to work-to the bar- home, he bought one for the wife as well but she didnt dig it so the bikes didnt get ridden much and hers is already gone

I probably have a buyer for my almost virgin Norco big foot 3 which was 1500 last year 1600 this year but you can't get them

I realize the Volt is not the high priced spread but it is a E-fatbike for cheap so it might be almost straight across & cost me no money

ya or nay/ pros/cons things to look out for ??
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Is this you wooley?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CW_Gi...dium=copy_link

wow buddy ^^ is hopping around doing trials with 50lbs of e-bike

He's been practicing

the new Orbes Rise Hydro - alloy frame, low 40's weight, 540 battery, and the price is reasonable on the base model.
    orbea-rise-hydro-offers-more-range-at-a-lower-cost

You can spec the Orbea a-la-carte to some degree, I have or had one of those on order

but then I text shop bro to ask if shouldn't just go big or go home ?

he texts me a pict of the Bullit that showed up that am

Lavender is the new Turquoise
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-02-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Thoughts on the Christini fat-e bikes? Seems like enough power to take full advantage of 2WD.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Thoughts on the Christini fat-e bikes? Seems like enough power to take full advantage of 2WD.
    Holy aerie!

I think I'm gonna go down to their factory near Philly next week and check them out. Something about that kind of traction and climbability without the weight penalty on a fatbike has me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I think I'm gonna go down to their factory near Philly next week and check them out. Something about that kind of traction and climbability without the weight penalty on a fatbike has me intrigued.
    None of the videos show how it gets from the motor. I assume the pedals/motor drive the rear wheel and the front is a parasitic load off that. Going to be huge load on the chain.

He needs to invent a whole new drive train. Needs an internal mid gearbox to drive the shafts, ditch the chain entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    You can spec the Orbea a-la-carte to some degree, I have or had one of those on order

but then I text shop bro to ask if shouldn't just go big or go home ?

he texts me a pict of the Bullit that showed up that am

Lavender is the new Turquoise
    Tune in at the 10:25 mark. Maybe you could skip the adapter in place of jb weld , g flex or shoe goo

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    None of the videos show how it gets from the motor. I assume the pedals/motor drive the rear wheel and the front is a parasitic load off that. Going to be huge load on the chain.

He needs to invent a whole new drive train. Needs an internal mid gearbox to drive the shafts, ditch the chain entirety.
    There's a ring gear on the rotor side of the rear hub that spins a drive shaft with a U joint at the top of the seatstay, that spins an intermediate shaft inside the top tube that goes to a limited slip unit in the headtube that drives a shaft down the left fork leg to another ring gear. The unit in the headtube (mechanically) senses slip in the rear wheel and sends increasing amounts of power to the front wheel as necessary with nothing going through when there's good traction in the back. There is surprisingly little additional rider input needed on the traditional bikes but it is noticeable, that's why I think the e- addition is the ticket to giggly good fun. I'm waiting for a demo unit to come available and I'll go back down there for some real world testing.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Tune in at the 10:25 mark. Maybe you could skip the adapter in place of jb weld , g flex or shoe goo

ok so the playback got messed up but you are talking about adapting a different motor ?

I'm just gona let Shimano fix it on warranty

Oh ya definitely. I have said early on that all bikes should come with a standardized mount and adapters for different motors if need be. All bikes should come with a bolt on traditional bb that can mount in place of the motor as well. Less chance of being without a bike. Good to have for trips too. Saw some other guy that made an adapter for a previous gen bosch motor and put the little light weight 60nm bafang motor in. That motor would fit in place of any of the current full power motors. After market industry has been slow to get that on the go but wont be long now

Pretty good out on the e-Shreddy today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0957.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	849.7 KB 
ID:	396893

The Juggernauts suck, so I’m going for some dedicated studded snows. Looking like the Wrathchilds.

Perfect geo, great price and the upper spec with the 600 option is well thought out. Sign me up

https://vmgbikes.com/product/e-mountain-bike/Click image for larger version. 

Name:	typhon-2.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	397428

Bafang G510 is cadence sensing, not what I want on a mtb. Suntour and "upper spec"?

Yup on both those. I think the 600 is 115nm and fairly quiet.
    Dh casing rear tire and exo + assguy is more robust than other exo+ maxxis for some reason, microshift w 11-48, mt5, kmc emtb chain, good length dropper and stem and i hear good things on that upper suntour stuff. Really well thought out, geo especially. Should be about 5k cad. Sick deal

I have a suntour auron on mycommuter. Its nice but its no fox.

For real mountain biking torque sensing wins all day IMO. I have a bbs02 and an ultra. The bbs02 rocks on the street but even though its attached to a FS mtb it's not so mountain bikeable anymore. Motorbikeable perhaps.
    Torque sensing = more like a bike that helps
    Cadence = more like a motorbike.

In my experience those massive nm specs are overkill to what I need on a mountain bike.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211219_121054.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	397464

I had this configured to 30nm in eco today. That plus my contribution was about all the traction would hold on the climbs.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

I havent tried more than 80nm and that was only a few kms. My u0nm e8000 gets me around most spots. When its at my limit for steep and tech i could see wanting more . Like you say, too much is more than the available traction your tires will provide. I could see 100+ when traction is good .i do end up using boost when it gets steep but only because i cznt get all the nm's when im kn trail mode. Looking for traction id prefer the trail mode with its tourque sensor all the time if the full 70nm was available in trail. Ep8 gives tge full 85nm in trail and bosch gives tge full 85nm in emtb mode. Sounds that is an issue with the bafzng. Good back up bike or shuttle rig at that price though

He seems to echoe what youre saying

I like to ride the EP8 in boost cuz its more fun and besides i can't use up the whole 630W in a sesh, but there are a number of places I have to dial it back to trail mode or lose control and thats a rock trail on the side of a steep bluff or slick roots

After just sitting there for a month the bike has stopped throwing E010 codes on start-up, its -25C so I'm not going to try riding it ... I hate intermittent bugs