Page 151 of 197 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I'd be careful. No personal experience with fantic but i hear lots of horror stories. Latest was a guy trying to contact them for months both stateside and italy. Apparently theyre down to one dealer in the US. Its a shame as the bikes look pretty good. Poor cs company together with a brose motor doesnt sound good

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Good to know about the cs. I heard Bulls are dropping Brose next year. If I could get my hands on a Bulls/Bosch fatty I'd be all over it.

I like Brose drives, I've sold a pile of them and not had any serious issues. One issue I encountered was after a lady's bike was stolen and recovered one of the headlight wires was shorted, it caused the motor to become nonfunctional. That was a bizarre troubleshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Good to know about the cs. I heard Bulls are dropping Brose next year. If I could get my hands on a Bulls/Bosch fatty I'd be all over it.

I like Brose drives, I've sold a pile of them and not had any serious issues. One issue I encountered was after a lady's bike was stolen and recovered one of the headlight wires was shorted, it caused the motor to become nonfunctional. That was a bizarre troubleshoot.
    I just heard that latest fantic report last night. Emtb forums facebook page. Cant find his post now. Maybe they contacted him after and he took it down. He seemed like a reasonable guy. Not too stressed but putting out the word. I have heard similar reports. Quick search of other posts is a mixed bag. Electrical issues mentioned a few times
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/emtbforums/?ref=share
    I hear tge brose is really good when it works. By far the most failures though. Ive heard a few failures on the new one thats has a bunch of upgrades but not a lot of bad. Basically one guy thats been through 3 of them. Ive heard nothing else.
    Bulls is looking better. Lots of options and decent price point.
    Do you guys have haibike? Theyve been kind of ugly in the past but next year they have a really nice 160/170 bike with a bosch motor thats a crazy good price. A looker too

Edit: 180/180 bike with the new yamaha motor in a mullet. 5500 euro is steal. Now my top pick

https://www.haibike.com/at/en/ebikes...86?id=45172241

I have two haibike s and my wife had two. All xduro nduro 180/180
    Bosch and Yamaha.
    No problems whatsoever.

Great bikes

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I have two haibike s and my wife had two. All xduro nduro 180/180
    Bosch and Yamaha.
    No problems whatsoever.

Great bikes

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Oh thats right, forgot. Thought i saw dealers in n america but their site is turning up nothing. Chainstay is a bit long but the rest of the geo and specc is really good. Parts and suspension ate top notch. I think the euro is pretty close to usd so maybe 7.5k up here. Killer deal. 750w battery and the new yamaha is a great option. Lots of pull with those
    Guessing youve put a bunch of km's on yours too

Had to scroll back and look and compare. I just remembered the color and wondered if you got to try next years bike. Big release at the end of this month for them. Just saw a leaked pic. Looks amazing. Tilted motor, high pivot, longer thinner battery slides in from the bottom. Cant wait for the full deets, travel , geo and weightAttachment 388850

This is the first I have heard of a "tilted motor". What are the benefits? I am guessing it helps with a high pivot design and gets the motor more in the frame and protected.

That Haibike Nduro7 is a beast, kinda makes my Decoy29 look downcountry.

Edit: 180/180 bike with the new yamaha motor in a mullet. 5500 euro is steal. Now my top pick

https://www.haibike.com/at/en/ebikes...86?id=45172241
    [/URL]
    which is 8200 can $, I think going aluminium frame and some more down spec parts account for the lower pricing but the bigger thing in my mind is do you you have any kind of dealer network such as Orbea or Santacruz so can you even get one and if there are problems what do you do?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    This is the first I have heard of a "tilted motor". What are the benefits? I am guessing it helps with a high pivot design and gets the motor more in the frame and protected.

That Haibike Nduro7 is a beast, kinda makes my Decoy29 look downcountry.
    Rocky looks sweet. Tilt does help the high pivot a bit with placing the pulley near the hp to limit pedal kickback. I guess they could just move the pulley though. I think their pulley is also the tourque sensor too , if im remembering correcgly. The main reason for the tilt is probably the battery access. Slides out the bottom like specislized, whyte, now norco and others. Super ez and allows for a longer battery/more cells. Embargo is still on, i may take the pic down if im asked, just checking on that

^Thanks for the info!

^Thanks for the info!
    No prob. Looks super tidy. Jumbotron and nice clean look around the motor should make it quieter. A good one of the battery in these tooName:  powerplay%2022%203.jpeg
Views: 849
Size:  27.9 KBName:  powerplay%2022%202.jpeg
Views: 787
Size:  42.1 KBName:  powerplay%2022%201.jpeg
Views: 874
Size:  25.8 KBName:  bbae9ee369af6a57c732df4edaef0e78.jpeg
Views: 768
Size:  25.4 KBName:  e23d51ad19d8b639c9601409ae9a6ed4.jpeg
Views: 843
Size:  57.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    which is 8200 can $, I think going aluminium frame and some more down spec parts account for the lower pricing but the bigger thing in my mind is do you you have any kind of dealer network such as Orbea or Santacruz so can you even get one and if there are problems what do you do?
    Yes the dealer network would be my concern. Ive seen haibike dealers in thd past but not seeing any atm. I do wonder about their customer service. I have heard a few problems but to be fair i hear a few from every company so nothing definitive. Good suspension and parts spec though. Nothing really to change, maybe a tire insert or 2. I liked the previous gen yamaha engine i tried, albeit the trial was relatively short. Not a ton of 180/180 mullet bikes. My 180/165 bike with dh tires is awesome on xc rides to dh rides. So awesome i think if mine was 180r id make the fork 190. Maybe even triple clamp. All these single crowns seem to develop a steerer/crown interface creek at some point and csu's are almost as much as a nib fork on the buy n sell. 180 boxxer makes a lot of sense when it weighs basically the same as a fox 38

you can read all the spec sheets and look at all the picts you want but it doesnt really tell you how its gona handle or or how well the package is all put togetehr for your 8 or 10K ?

move a pivot 5mm and it changes all kinds of thing so I've always had a good laugh at people who can tell how a bike will be from a picture

I kinda think a motor is a motor and so the mfger are just picking a motor and building a bike around it ... probably hard to go wrong with Shimano

I can think of some tight switchback at the local area where a boxxer couldn't make the turn, I was hoping to still be on a Fox product but I'm liking the ZEB ... no complaints
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You can tell a lot by the numbers. Of course little things will alter that but i have a good idea what works for my fit. Im down to mm's in what i want at this point. Leverage ratios can be altered with shocks, springs and tunes for the most part. Im ok with most any of the motors and even tourque for that matter. Any of them give that flow on the climbs or otherwise sliw bits of trail thst before E it'd just be about turning the cranks over and now its tilted more towards riding the bike and picking fun lines. All the full power motors will do that. I would prefer a bosch but im not going to rush out to spend that $ to change from a shimano that works fine, and my e8000 only has 70nm of tourque compared to your 85nm ep8. Bosch is dominating the ews because they climb better than any of them. Theyre also fully rebuildable, better warrantee, seem well stocked with replacement parts and have the best battery consumption(50% more than shimano).
    I like my fox 38 but i'd prefer a zeb. I like the suppleness of RS and the innards are cheaper and theyre quicker to service. I can service my rs in 20 minutes and im a hack. I'd still rather a boxxer. A missed switchback here or there means nothing. Work on my euro turns and the added confidence is def a thing. You'd be surprised how much your steerer tube twists on a single crown. They feel like a wet noodle if you switch back and forth

An observation from today. Don't get all butthurt I am not judging.

Driving through a part of old Bozeman (Sourdough rd) and ahead of me a guy on an E-bike towing a small trailer. Speed limit is 25 mph.

I was driving about 28 cause that's what humans do. I watched him as he gradually pulled away, easily doing 35 mph with what looked like very little effort.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Was it Conrad?

Thats definitely possible if its not class 1 or been hacked. I have no need for that on any mtb trail. UK speed seems a bit low but im rarely even above that speed unless im going to/fro the trail on the road. I guess if the singletrack was flat, straight and relatively smooth i could pedal a hacked class 1 that fast. If i had a commuter i think i'd want to go faster. 5300km and still no trail conflict for me although im often able to go to the wet rooty trails or outerlimits of the trail system where there is few people. Long weekend i went to our busiest xc network and saw 3 people and 2 dogs. P lots were full. Peaceful day. Stopped and took pics and chilled a few times. Just kept carrying on. Boost on the road, a few climbs and squeeze in some extra at the end before dark and a big plate of T giving turkey. Mostly spinning in trail mode using the gears to milk the battery

What you all say about emtb from Polygon:

6000USD
    https://www.polygonbikes.com/product/mountain/bromo-n8/

4400USD version:

https://www.bikesonline.com/polygon-...l-suspension-e

Youtubers seem to rave about it with a caveat on a small non removable battery. But youtubers are paid to say nice things and sugar coat issues.

Was it Conrad?
    Never got close enough to get a good look but he was headed in that direction.

For a commuter rig it totally made sense, no problem keeping up with traffic, he was just like another vehicle sans the tail light.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    What you all say about emtb from Polygon:

6000USD
    https://www.polygonbikes.com/product/mountain/bromo-n8/

4400USD version:

https://www.bikesonline.com/polygon-...l-suspension-e

Youtubers seem to rave about it with a caveat on a small non removable battery. But youtubers are paid to say nice things and sugar coat issues.
    I wouldnt rule out the more expensive one with the ep8. It'd be a fun bike and decent price. I'm ok with the smaller battery half the time and that can keep thd bike lighter and just have a 2nd battery for those days. Non removeable presents a problem for that though. Bikes are hard to find these days though. There's a bunch of others i'd try and track down before i went to the polygon mainly because of the battery swap issue and overseas distribution although i hear theyre decent to deal with. I wouldnt consider anything with the e7000. Never heard of one of those lasting any amount of time.
    I'd try and track down a 2022 giant reign E+, husqvarna hardcross or mt cross, mondraker level r or other models, orbea wild fs, yt decoy(might have stock soon but upsize on that). The giant and huskies are around 5k usd. Husky is under the radar(seen some sweet long stroked mt cross' 162/170) and everyone is trying to secure those new reigns(dialed out of tge box). Base model decoy would be about 6k and well specced with an ep8 the mx rips and yt usa are cool

Another reason to tilt is to shorten the chainstay/steepen the seat tube angle.

. Bikes are hard to find these days though. ….

I wouldnt consider anything with the e7000…

I’ll stay away from e7000.

Polygon has been good about having bikes in stock when everyone was out. Hope they improve their next gen ebike and keep the prices reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    I’ll stay away from e7000.

Polygon has been good about having bikes in stock when everyone was out. Hope they improve their next gen ebike and keep the prices reasonable.
    Thats cool. Too bad they didnt make the battery removeable. If it was 750w thatd be forgiveable but 500 is a deal killer. Its possible "trail watts" will have an battery extender for it. He's a UK guy but i think his brother is setting up shop in the US to patch in an extender. It could ve a diy install but it takes some mods to wire it and feed the wire into the motor so i think they prefer to do it. The bike itself looks super fun. Good to know theyve had stock . Their acoustic trail and enduro bikes had good reviews as well. I was considering one. Really good price with a cheap parts spec that was well thought out. Their designers seem like theyre really into bikes and not just pumping out cheap shit. I was looking at those emtb's. Decent price but i thought they might be an even better bargain. Thats why i like those husqvarnas. Well designed and specced with a crazy good price. I could have a spare motor and battery with one and still be cheaoer than a lot of other bikes. The extreme cross(dh emtb) is an smazing price too. I think its the same frame as the hard cross just longer stroke shock and a dh fork. Thatd be cool to modify at the price theyre selling it for. Still has a 12 x 148 rear wheel spacing. Guido Tshugg got 2nd in dh at the masters world champs this year on it with the no power on. I have no info but husky seems like theyre putting a big push knto the market(theyre sponsoring the embn youtube channel now) gettings bikes into hands and great initial price. Theyre huge too and have the dealer network selling out of existing shops that have been selling husqvarma motos and equipment. I'd think theyd have good support. Theyre huge. They own ktm and gas gas as well. Ktm has a really nice bosch equipped emtb but theyre not sold in N america yet

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    hey beaver what would my options be to turn a Bigfoot 3 Fat bike into an e-bike and for how much ?
    I hummed and hawed about this for a while but came to the conclusion that a bafang mid drive wouldn't fit... the chainstays get wide pretty quick and I didn't think the motor housing would even clear, let alone the chainring. I think pano-dude put a mid drive on his so maybe I'm wrong and it would have fit, but mine is a 2020 and his is older... might have more clearance?

I opted to get a 750w bafang hub drive motor kit because the price isn't absurd, and I found a kit that seemed like it would play well with my bike. Turns out I needed to find some specialty parts to get it to work but as of tonight it's rideable. Didn't take it farther than the front street but it's not the sluggish bike I remember. Yeah I recognize the controller mount is a little ghetto but I want to try to keep it cool (I've heard they can overheat on hub motors that are trying to hard on long climbs), my frame is a small, and I want to keep the triangle open for a bag. The battery goes in a bag on the rear rack.

I recognize it might not be ideal for trails at 80nm of torque, but I kept my insanely low gearing with this mod so it might be fine and just pick up a little slack from me and maybe I won't need much more torque? I'm going to try it anyway.

It will be ideal for winter trips to the pub and rides around nose hill Park. Might also be awesome as a solo rafting shuttle vehicle.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Whats the bb width/size on a fat bike?

Mine is 100mm.

Bafang mid drives can be 100mm, but you still need to clear the chainstays. And I've read it can be difficult to get a good chainline, particularly if you want to put a reasonable sized chainring on the front.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Mine is 100mm.

Bafang mid drives can be 100mm, but you still need to clear the chainstays. And I've read it can be difficult to get a good chainline, particularly if you want to put a reasonable sized chainring on the front.

Thanks, sounds like youve got a good option going. Putting them to use just finding what you can do with them and use them for has been half the fun.
    I did just notice a thread on the tenshing moror beaver was talking about before so i read that. Good reports. Quite and powerful and very natural feeling with the tourque sensor. They had to do some mods to make theirs fit as well. Sounds similare to you're issues