Page 149 of 197 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4901
    I could be wrong but I don't think you wana be flattening berms with a hub drive commuter bike
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Pedal Electric makes an AWD, dual motor fat tire bike. You can switch off between AWD, FWD and RWD. It's a commuter on steroids (has same throttle set-up as Rads). My buddy has one, it's insane. Not made for trails, but would be super fun in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I just assume mine’s sitting off the coast of California.
    I missed your post about it. What bike is modern geo fatty?

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post

Have you changed the settings to increase the speed to 40k/25mph? Def worth it.
    I have not. This one has the basic controller. I’ll have to spend some time with google to figure that out.

It's super easy although I don't know the difference between basic/other controllers

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't think you wana be flattening berms with a hub drive commuter bike
    Ya just gotta be a better rider dude

I'm about to sign on with a sort of affordable commuter/comfort hub drive e-bike company to rep them here in the northeast, they seem alright. Does anyone here have experience with the small new Canadian brand Wolff Ebikes? https://wolffebikes.com/e-bikes/ The owner seems like a good guy is all I have to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I missed your post about it. What bike is modern geo fatty?
    Most modern, that’s available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27464605489...Cclp%3A2332490

This might be another option.

https://quietkat.com/collections/qui...ts/jeep-e-bike

Im considering a bolt on diy with a fat bike or maybe an older 26" freeride bike with a bottle mount. The 2nd part of the review on this cyc stealth motor is out next week. It looks like a square taper axle and thats really the only thing casting doubt atm. Software sounds pretty dialed and its tucked up nice under the downtube. The cyc site has 3 different battery sizes, 400, and 600ish 800ish i think

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

railing those nice juicy berms will end when the snow flys so I might be interested in converting my FAT bike to battery for the snow

I actualy never got a chance to ride it much last season due to the knee

Some of the local bro's all thru in $$$ for a snow dawg

so I will have to see how FAT biking shakes out
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-06-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Seems like that could cover a lot of bases. 1600cad for that cyc kit. At that price id like to find a good deal on a fat bike.

I see guys building up the dengfu e10 carbon full sus for 4k cad. Looks like its the same factory as that full sus fat bike above

Last fall I picked up a Norco Big foot 3 for 1500 $ which is a good enough entry level FAT, I will have to see if i want to go E with it ?

Im not sure ill find an off season price on one. I dont think there is an off season with those

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Yeah, that looks pretty good.

I'm not sure I need a fs fatty. I think only need a rigid or possibly hard tail electric. I'd only ride it in snow.

Gimme a few weeks, I'm supposed to have a 500W hub drive hardtail fatty available. I know, hub drive blah blah... it wouldn't be my top choice but the price should be pretty good at a few hundred under $3k. I don't want to commit to them being available until they're actually off the boat and headed for the warehouse. I don't even have a real pic yet, just renderings, and until I open the first box I don't want to confirm the spec because so many bikes are arriving with different parts than the company speced based on what was available at the factory on assembly day.

Rode an Orbea Wild home for the weekend. Gonna go hit the trails I'm normally too trashed to enjoy.

Looking forward to fat bike season so I can go rip it up on a shitmano mid drive.

Is demo short for demolish?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Rode an Orbea Wild home for the weekend. Gonna go hit the trails I'm normally too trashed to enjoy.

Looking forward to fat bike season so I can go rip it up on a shitmano mid drive.

Is demo short for demolish?
    Right on man! What a quiver. Wild fs is really nice. A mid drive fat is a nice addition for V town too. My newest e8000 has been good through last fall and this spring in the wet, snow and mud. 3300k on it so far. Touch wood it seems to be ticking along fine

Its only a size L, it feels a little small but I think I'll manage to have some fun. There is an XL Rise in the store but the boss might not appreciate me taking a $12k bike for the weekend.

What bike are you running the e8000 on?

hey beaver what would my options be to turn a Bigfoot 3 Fat bike into an e-bike and for how much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Its only a size L, it feels a little small but I think I'll manage to have some fun. There is an XL Rise in the store but the boss might not appreciate me taking a $12k bike for the weekend.

What bike are you running the e8000 on?
    Still on my decoy. They run small too. Pretty much a full size smaller. Full fat emtbs are so stable i dont think getting them a bit smaller is such a bad thing.
    I see a local couple are on some rises now. They had been talking about getting some emtbs for a while after a euro trip. Pics looks like theyve taken the plunge. Thought they mightve gotten them from you. No orbea dealers in town here

I was and still am looking into that for myself. I want a torque sensing mid drive.

There are very few mid drives with fat BBs. If you're ok with cadence sensing a BBS02 is an option. I dont want the power the bbs02 puts out for my fat bike, I've got one on a converted mt bike I use to commute and love the 1400w but I think its unnecessary for snow.

Ive got a torque sensing 500w Tongsheng in a box I would like put on my fatty, I need to pull it apart to see if it can be modded to fit a fat bb.

If you buy straight outta China you can convert a bike for about $1000cad (2019 pricing). I've purchased from BTN Bikes, easy to deal with.

Yeah i'm going to see how the Bigfoot is on the trails in acoustic mode once the snow dog gets operating,

Whats the bb width/size on a fat bike?

Took the Orbea Wild for a ride today. First thing i noticed was the 160mm cranks. So tiny. Spin spin spin. Once I got on the trail the tiny cranks were awsome. It took a bit to wrap my head around not fearing pedal strikes but once I got used to it it was fucking great. Gnarly rock strewn technical bits were no problem, just hammer through. I climbed in eco because anything more seemed too much. In emtb it felt like a dirt bike, 160mm travel with 85nm of torque hardly felt like biking, no sucking wind, no riding off the trail because im too bagged to keep pedaling.

I had the opportunity to use walk mode up a stupid steep loose section, lets just say I approve.

On the DH it was so fast. So fast I think I'd hurt myself having fun if I rode it every day. Little sections where you can get 2 or 3 pedal strokes in is now like you got 8 or 10. It makes me wish I was 20 and fearless again.

Fat bb is 100 or 120mm.

^^copy. Doesnt look like the cyc stealth has that bb spindle option.
    Sounds like you had a blast on the wild. Id guess in a few days it'd just seem natural. Both emtb mode and using the travel to keep from crashing. I figure theres no rush. Im not going to be winning any races. I just want to have fun and progress. Feel like im in the pocket and not sketchy. Pick my self out of the dirt and i won't be progressing. Ill either get injured or take a couple weeks to get my confidence back and risk injury until i do. I think thats the great thing about emtb's. Haul bigger travel no problem to handle any condition and i can build comfort and feel on the bike with the extra vert and mileage. Early season i like to get comfortable on the slow tech climbs. Forces yourself to get in the sweet spot on the bike and get comfy and little consequences, spin out you just put a foot down. I guess a familiar trail will do something similar. After seperating my ac joint last spring on the 2nd ride of the season pinning it for a shitty little gap jump that had early season soft dirt i was pissed at my self.im not doing thag again! Ive got my routine now. First day back on wet rooty climbs today and i was all over the place hitting roots at the wrong angles. 35 k later i had a few good feelings. Fairweather riding is done so i better get used to it i guess