Page 148 of 197 FirstFirst ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4901
    Ya generally i think when people say im not ready for one yet theyre thinking as the emtb as a crutch. Understandable because it is great for that obviously. Aside from that use though the added few mph on the climbs is exactly the added flow on the climbs. That makes the climbs as fun as the dh. Its now fun like slow tech dh. It can be the same speed. Its not a crazy speed gain on trails when theres roots and rocks to negotiate(not necessarily tech) but it does add flow, play or just plain fun riding rather then just trying to get the cranks turned over. I love the tech power move trying to turn cranks over at the right time riding on any mtb but add the E in emtb and its a huge part of what im looking for. Finding flowy lines up tech rather than 8 -10 power moves until you blow

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Old age & injury forced my hand I wasn't that sure if i could recover let alone build enough conditioning to "get on top of it" , all the bluff trails go and come down, so apres ACL reconstruction it was quit or buy an E bike. i scoped out the scene critically, the builder, the club VP, the guy selling all the bikes in town and a sprinkling of others the cool people are on E-bikes so acceptance wise you don't become a pariah. There are no issues with crowds cuz up here sometimes even on a saturday apres noon you could be the only person up there

You can be an idiot on a regular bike or on an E-bike, its peddle assist so you still gotta work you still huff and pufff you just go alot further. I rode dirtbikes way back in the day, exercise wise you would think sitting there twisting a throttle is easy but its very demanding sport which was also usually not accepted due to noise and idiots, there is no noise with an E bike but as in everything there is always the chance to be an idiot

enough politics for now

So I slammed the seat all the way forward for ride #2 , I thot the bike turned easier, I was probably getting used to MORE bike comparing Bullit/ 5.5 specs its longer/ longer reach/ steeper seat/ slacker headtube/ longer chainstays, in any case the seat can stay where it is

it always amazes me how much further back the weight was on the mtn bikes we used to ride
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-01-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ya generally i think when people say im not ready for one yet theyre thinking as the emtb as a crutch. Understandable because it is great for that obviously. Aside from that use though the added few mph on the climbs is exactly the added flow on the climbs. That makes the climbs as fun as the dh. Its now fun like slow tech dh. It can be the same speed. Its not a crazy speed gain on trails when theres roots and rocks to negotiate(not necessarily tech) but it does add flow, play or just plain fun riding rather then just trying to get the cranks turned over. I love the tech power move trying to turn cranks over at the right time riding on any mtb but add the E in emtb and its a huge part of what im looking for. Finding flowy lines up tech rather than 8 -10 power moves until you blow

Yes, I agree.

Now I'm a former motocross guy who started mtn biking in '87 when I still had an RM465. I understand it all. If I was somewhere with consistent 2k+ vert climbing I'd probably already have an Ebike, but I live in the techy flats. Few more years I'll have one.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yes, I agree.

Now I'm a former motocross guy who started mtn biking in '87 when I still had an RM465. I understand it all. If I was somewhere with consistent 2k+ vert climbing I'd probably already have an Ebike, but I live in the techy flats. Few more years I'll have one.
    Its been a while since ive spent any time riding back east(maratimes) so im sure im missing something.
    Got an old buddy in quebec on one now but they have some vertical. He was a recent moto trials master nationals champ with a sherco moto trials hook up and a sherco enduro motox bike. Theyre gathering dust now and him and the boy are on the trails 100ft from their house and loving it. He still has his brodie romax from banff in the 90's. Hasnt ridden it in probably 20 years. Bought a cube hybrid stereo 160 and a 140 for the boy last year. Now he's sold his 160 and bought a mondraker level r. He wanted more travel. Sick bike. For some reason theyre cheaper in canada

https://www.stokedcanada.com/collect...draker-level-r

super gravity casings and boost mode make for some fun times. i start twitching like i need a fix about 4 o'clock every mfin' day.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    super gravity casings and boost mode make for some fun times. i start twitching like i need a fix about 4 o'clock every mfin' day.
    Nice! A guy on the local fb buy n sell posted up a mm and bb 29 x 2.4 super gravities today. Its taking everything i have not to get them 50cad with 2 days on them. If one was 27.5 id get them for sure. Still might.
    What bike do you have them on? Its been a minute since youve mentioned your ride

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    What bike do you have them on?
    Same as you except non-mullet. Actually, the front is the super trail casing 2.6 and the rear is super gravity 2.4, both are Eddy Currents and front specific.

$50 sounds like a great deal, and the BB would be a fun one to try in the front.

To add, I have also tried the Griffus and Hillbilly. Hate the Hillbilly, and undecided on the Griffus.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Same as you except non-mullet. Actually, the front is the super trail casing 2.6 and the rear is super gravity 2.4, both are Eddy Currents and front specific.

$50 sounds like a great deal, and the BB would be a fun one to try in the front.

To add, I have also tried the Griffus and Hillbilly. Hate the Hillbilly, and undecided on the Griffus.
    Nice! I see Caballero got a new 9er decoy. Hes looking pretty good on the bike.
    I just took off f/r bb's. 2.6f/2.4r and put on 2.6 spesh grid gravity butcher/eliminator. Working really good but the big betty's were as well. 2.4 bb was the same width as the 2.6 specialized. Rear bb was worn out. Id run 2.4 bb f/r no problem or the magic mary. They were super dh rear/super gravity front. Noticeable weight loss with the grid gravities but theyre all tires id buy again. 2.4 bb would probably be better on my 30mm inner rim width. The 2.6 is a big tire. Width wise anyway but lower profile than the specislized. Had to adjust my fender when i put the butcher on so it wouldnt rub

Oh ya griffus idms hutchison. Looks good

Claudio describes it so well, especially weight, usage, technical and fitness advantage. Most excellent shittalker as well

So I been riding the E-bike exclusively quite a bit cuz its way too much funfor about a month AND I am wondering if it is better for you?

Where i ride its either all up or all down so riding a 32lb bike so i would go anerobic quite a bit just before I die completely

On the E-bike I just ride over it all, I work less hard but for longer, so I think the heart is in a better place for longer, also I can do 2 runs instead of the usual 1 run on the acoustic bike

SO an interesting observation is that on a fasting weight check every AM , I am an lb or 2 lighter riding the e-bike than i was on the acoustic bike

Good to hear xxxer. Bern wondering how its going.
    Id echo that. Im putting in more time on the bike because im able to again and its more fun.
    Safer too. Instead of a one long lap wonder i can do 2 or 3. Warm up on the first and build rather than trying to light it up on my one run, after ive blown getting to the top.
    Unrelated, this is pretty cool. Rob's a good guy and keeps everyone at ease. 250 eebers at this uk race/event. Seem like a great bunch. Some cool mods to their bikes. I'd like to build up one of those e10 Cheebs. Good thread on them over on emtb forums. Guy in the vid built his for 3k £

Rode a Rocky Mountain Instinct Powerplay. Had a blast. Pedaled amazingly well. And boooooooooooosted the jumps, holy crap

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

I want a modern geo fat ebike!! Come on now! Snows gonna fly soon!

^^ YES!

Isn't that basically one of the Rad power bikes? They have like 4 inch tires.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65421665446__CA2D1BBB-7445-4D95-9C1B-DC2F772E7215.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	387947

Have I posted this yet? I’ve ridden it exactly once since my wife got her hands on the keys, so the plan is working.

Pretty sweet. Is that a beer cooler?

It is what you want it to be. I keep the security chain in there for her to lock it up at the hospital. The basket fits a little cooler perfectly.

Nice, i keep bouncing back and forth on what to get for a commuter

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I want a modern geo fat ebike!! Come on now! Snows gonna fly soon!
    I just assume mine’s sitting off the coast of California.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Isn't that basically one of the Rad power bikes? They have like 4 inch tires.
    They all seem to be hub drives and just don’t have the guts to get up anything steep or deep.

Tiny liddle wheels, no suspension, I don't think you wana go off road, Hub drive is probably fine for the shopping n commuter app

I seen the neighbor has one, bobbling at the stop sign, I don't think she has the back ground so I hope she figures it out pretty quick

I found the hub drives to be fine but choppy (On/off; they don't spool on power smoothly).

I have little wheels on my Tern (though a small front suspension fork). Hasn't been a problem, and it keeps the center of gravity low with cargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    They all seem to be hub drives and just don’t have the guts to get up anything steep or deep.
    I have a Radwagon 4 kid hauler/errand machine/commuter last spring. Can't sing its praises enough for utilitarian stuff. But using it (or its smaller brethren) as a legit snow bike? Dear god no. These things ain't built for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Have I posted this yet? I’ve ridden it exactly once since my wife got her hands on the keys, so the plan is working.
    Have you changed the settings to increase the speed to 40k/25mph? Def worth it.