Page 143 of 197 FirstFirst ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4901
    All I know is some of the best riders and trail builders in my neck of the woods are on eebs and have a lot more downhill fun than schmucks like me who burn calories to get up the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That video is kind of the perfect encapsulation of ebikes. They're fun, and Danny's enthusiasm for the bike is genuine. And he's spot on that they allow you to go explore places that aren't really feasible on a mountain bike (or at least are a lot less fun to explore).

But at the same time, that's the only Danny McCaskill video I've ever seen where he doesn't do a single maneuver that's particularly impressive. He's just kind of riding the bike in a fairly normal manner. A good rider that's having fun doing it to be sure, but he's not getting all hoppy and trialsy and blowing my mind.

And that's a completely accurate depiction of ebikes. They open a lot of doors, but they close some doors too.
    Grinch, please just read this again. I'm quoting it as an example of something that's a neutral post. He's acknowledging that Danny looks to be genuinely having fun. He's not calling bullshit, claiming that Danny is just an industry shill or sellout. Then points out that Objectively, Danny isn't doing any of the rad shit he usually does in videos. All true, and just ends it there.

Unless you can accept that, you're gonna keep coming across as having a reactionary victim mentality. So you gotta back off a bit or you just come across as noise.

I fucking love my Ebike. It's totally changed the game for me. But I'm not looking to take it jibbing on dirt jumps or plow my way through overcrowded city trails. I avoid other people unless they're my friends. I either take it on the 100% ebike legal legit enduro trails around Roanoke where Ebikes are having zero negative impact, or I'm deep in the backcountry on illegal trials with other guys riding illegal trails on whatever bike they choose. If I get caught, the battery won't be what gets me in trouble. The saw and shovel will be.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Grinch, please just read this again. I'm quoting it as an example of something that's a neutral post. He's acknowledging that Danny looks to be genuinely having fun. He's not calling bullshit, claiming that Danny is just an industry shill or sellout. Then points out that Objectively, Danny isn't doing any of the rad shit he usually does in videos. All true, and just ends it there.

Unless you can accept that, you're gonna keep coming across as having a reactionary victim mentality. So you gotta back off a bit or you just come across as noise.

I fucking love my Ebike. It's totally changed the game for me. But I'm not looking to take it jibbing on dirt jumps or plow my way through overcrowded city trails. I avoid other people unless they're my friends. I either take it on the 100% ebike legal legit enduro trails around Roanoke where Ebikes are having zero negative impact, or I'm deep in the backcountry on illegal trials with other guys riding illegal trails on whatever bike they choose. If I get caught, the battery won't be what gets me in trouble. The saw and shovel will be.
    That was all a set up lead into "he's not doing anything impressive" , completely disregarding the camera effect on the steepness and technicality of the sections. They werent sections that you would hop. Theyre sections where momentum was key and the eeb will do thst in those sections where a mtb won't. Toast is just scraping for any kind of slight in an effort to back pedal. These guys original arguement was that emtb's sucked on tech downhills and its not even a workout. That got put to rest a mill x over so now its on to looking for any slight possible. Hard to back pedal when youre a respected mtb "expert", and he is, especially with me calling out the ridiculous arguements. He knows he's been wrong on the subject, won't admit it and still digging for something. Atleast he's smart enough to realize it to some degree.
    Stravevan wont even consider he doesnt know what he's talking about. So confident tgat he could never be wrong. The guy rides a motoX mesnwhile emtb's are getting people on the trail thayt otherwise wouldnt and the only issue is in his mind. Whats better for society, motoX or emtb? Ftr id love to have a motoX but im not a hypocrite. Theyll never back down nor will I, difference is i've been right thus far so its safe to assume ill keep schooling them.
    Ill remind that my initial response/,post to that toast post suggesting emtb's cant be hopped around was brief and simply "chris akrigg" . Of course he glazed over that because it shot a hole 100ft wide in his arguement.
    That orbea tise weighs the same as a lot of enduro bikes, itll hop. We hopped our 48lb freeride bikes with 8-10" of travel on north shore stunts for years.
    If the arguements continue to be as ridiculous as they are i just cant help but jerk their chains. Not my fault theyre slow

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

FTR strava is for people scared to line up next to racers irl/fact

However, the top 10-15 fastest guys on Strava locally are also fast as fuck racers. Not many sandbaggers.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Racers are always racing. If chumps are not racing but stacking up on strava what holding them back from actually racing? If youre using it to compare your own personal times one day to the next thats a good training gauge. If youre comparing against others sack up. I like Yolanda's approach. Listen to your body and go have fun on your bike. No hr monitor, no strava. Push yourself as much as you want, have fun and sack up and get on the line

Skip to 10:00 for results

If the arguements continue to be as ridiculous as they are i just cant help but jerk their chains. Not my fault theyre slow
    The only chain being jerked around here is yours and you are the one jerking it.

Thanks for posting that Skip, nice looking bike. One thing though, a 29 mile/2800 vert. foot day is pretty much an average big ride. It's not really that eye popping.

The tech is advancing at light speed though and these are not the heavy clunkers of 2 years ago.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    The only chain being jerked around here is yours and you are the one jerking it.

Thanks for posting that Skip, nice looking bike. One thing though, a 29 mile/2800 vert. foot day is pretty much an average big ride. It's not really that eye popping.

The tech is advancing at light speed though and these are not the heavy clunkers of 2 years ago.
    The issue with the lighter weight bikes is, even with the range extenders, they still don't make much power.

A buddy has a levo turbo sl. Weighs 38 lbs or so. I have a regular levo turbo. Weighs around 50 lbs. If we go on a ride together and he brings his range extender, our batteries (my 1 battery, his 2 batteries) last about the same distance / vert. But his bike puts out way less power. Even when I'm in my lowest power setting, I'm still dropping him on climbs. And if he increases his power so he can keep up, he'll run out of juice.

There isn't some magic happening in these lighter bikes. They just have smaller motors and smaller batteries. If everyone is on the same type of ebike then it's not a problem. But if everyone's on different types of ebikes then it makes it kind of annoying to try to ride together.

"There isn't some magic happening in these lighter bikes. They just have smaller motors and smaller batteries. If everyone is on the same type of ebike then it's not a problem. But if everyone's on different types of ebikes then it makes it kind of annoying to try to ride together."

So like most group rides where there are different fitness levels between riders resulting in riders topping the climb at different times?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    That was all a set up lead into "he's not doing anything impressive" , completely disregarding the camera effect on the steepness and technicality of the sections. They werent sections that you would hop. Theyre sections where momentum was key and the eeb will do thst in those sections where a mtb won't. Toast is just scraping for any kind of slight in an effort to back pedal. These guys original arguement was that emtb's sucked on tech downhills and its not even a workout. That got put to rest a mill x over so now its on to looking for any slight possible. Hard to back pedal when youre a respected mtb "expert", and he is, especially with me calling out the ridiculous arguements. He knows he's been wrong on the subject, won't admit it and still digging for something. Atleast he's smart enough to realize it to some degree.
    Stravevan wont even consider he doesnt know what he's talking about. So confident tgat he could never be wrong. The guy rides a motoX mesnwhile emtb's are getting people on the trail thayt otherwise wouldnt and the only issue is in his mind. Whats better for society, motoX or emtb? Ftr id love to have a motoX but im not a hypocrite. Theyll never back down nor will I, difference is i've been right thus far so its safe to assume ill keep schooling them.
    Ill remind that my initial response/,post to that toast post suggesting emtb's cant be hopped around was brief and simply "chris akrigg" . Of course he glazed over that because it shot a hole 100ft wide in his arguement.
    That orbea tise weighs the same as a lot of enduro bikes, itll hop. We hopped our 48lb freeride bikes with 8-10" of travel on north shore stunts for years.

Word salad. You’re completely missing the point. Your emotional investment in the defense of e bikes is like a teen girl and her Instagram account.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    So like most group rides where there are different fitness levels between riders resulting in riders topping the climb at different times?
    Kind of, I guess. But the fitness level is the bike. It's like buying an SL is buying a lower fitness level. The guy on the SL seems not particularly excited about working a lot harder and still getting dropped. On an analog ride, he keeps up with the group just fine. He's stated repeatedly that he'll be selling his SL and buying a "full strength" ebike once bike shortages aren't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Word salad. You’re completely missing the point. Your emotional investment in the defense of e bikes is like a teen girl and her Instagram account.

Ive yet to see you tools bring anything relevant to the discussion. You should take more notes instead of posting . You mat be thicc between the ears but that doesnt mean you can't learn atleast something

What you consider relevant doesn't mean shit to me. Feel free to just put me on ignore, your life will be much better.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

For reference, spesh sl bikes with the mahle motor have 35nm of tourque compared to the orbea rise's ep8rs' 60nm. Rob at over 200lbs and probably an xl bike will limit tge range a bit. Seems like a capable bike that ez to pack 1 or even 2 extenders to suit the day. Dont think id choose a spesh sl but agakn its ez to pack extender packs and its probably the easiest bike to fly with when you ditch the over capacity internal battery (for airline regs ) and just put one extender on the bike and one extender in in your carry on. Still not ideal. Ordea rise 60nm is only 10nm less than my e8000. I could see the use in that bike. Decent price point and lots of options.
    I do like my full power 50+lb coil shocked, dh casing with inserts, 180/165 burly build that still does everything from xc to alpine to dh really well. Punchier bosech gen 4 motor would be my only want on that bike, and the gen4 battery range is 50% better than shimano and yamaha. The rise has blurred the lines the best to date though. Rotwild 375 level is still a bit pricey

What you consider relevant doesn't mean shit to me. Feel free to just put me on ignore, your life will be much better.
    Wheres the fun in that? Need a tissue? Youre still not taking notes and just posting nothing but a whine

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    The problem is that people keep trying to claim that e-bikes are the same as bicycles and that they would be allowed on the same trails without a serious review. The fact is that the presence of a motor makes them not exclusively human powered and therefore fundamentally different from bicycles.
    It's completely insane that saying, "That bike has a motor and is therefore a motorized vehicle," is a controversial statement.

One thing though, a 29 mile/2800 vert. foot day is pretty much an average big ride. It's not really that eye popping.
    Right? Last weekend evdog and I did a 2800 vert ride in just over two hours. Not flexing because I am not a fast climber--the truly fast guys get to the top in literally half the time it takes me. Color me disinterested until you're guaranteed to get >6k vert at a pace that would make Nino puke.

That was also with lightweight tires. If I'm rolling with a motor I want flat-proof rubber.

Haaaa soo dense.

Haaaa soo dense.

Ah, finally some self awareness

Just a few of the places an E-bike got me, perfectly legal. No strava ego’s and no access was harmed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0513.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	382966

Name:	IMG_0479.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	382967

Name:	IMG_3303.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	382969

I think the benefits of E-bikes, far out weight any perceived problems, that they may cause.

All of us are an injury or too many years alive from an E-bike
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hows that dick taste bud?

Hows that dick taste bud?

Wow, a gay joke. You’re a wonderful human. That’s the way to have adult conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Just a few of the places an E-bike got me, perfectly legal. No strava ego’s and no access was harmed!

I think the benefits of E-bikes, far out weight any perceived problems, that they may cause.
    Looks very cool, thanks for sharing.

There aren't any folks in here currently says that E-bikes are the devil. I for one have run across quite a few folks riding them on the roads that intersect with non-motorized single track that is closed to them as well as folks riding them on trails where they are not allowed, as in a big fucking sign at the trailhead that says No E-Bikes. I don't say a word to those folks because in this current climate of division it is pointless to get in an argument. I have had some great conversations with the former group and I get it, they can no longer ride at the level they once could but still want to get out and ride, good for them.

Buddy of mine (Lurker here) bought an e-bike for his wife so they could continue to ride together, after a few rides he went and got one as well (except he got the Carbon frame ). He gives himself way more shit than I do for that choice.

However, riders that venture into places they are not allowed give all mountain bikers a black eye, E or P.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    All of us are an injury or too many years alive away from an E-bike
    QFT..... I will be 64 in 36 days, I do see an e-bike in my future and when I do get one I will stick to the trails I am welcome on.