Page 142 of 197 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 4912

Thread: Electric Bike Thread

Dont mind stravevan, he likes to flex......a lot, without merit i might add

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Haha. You must have forgotten the time we went ski touring in 2020 and I broke trail for 4 hours and still had to wait (along with my girlfriend, who has only been skiing for a couple of years) while you huffed and puffed? No e-skins yet, huh?

Seriously, Sean, you're a nice guy in real life so I'm genuinely curious why you're such a raging douchebag on TGR. Care to explain?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Seriously, Sean, you're a nice guy in real life so I'm genuinely curious why you're such a raging douchebag on TGR. Care to explain?

Buddy to buddy call out. Get the popcorn.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Everything has been a response to your douchbaggery.
    Wait, are you flexing again?

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Care to explain?
    Maybe because your cunting up this thread.
    You better than Danny?

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-...-his-emtb.html
    His quote at the end. That's about as pro-ebike as any pro has ever sounded.
    That video is kind of the perfect encapsulation of ebikes. They're fun, and Danny's enthusiasm for the bike is genuine. And he's spot on that they allow you to go explore places that aren't really feasible on a mountain bike (or at least are a lot less fun to explore).

But at the same time, that's the only Danny McCaskill video I've ever seen where he doesn't do a single maneuver that's particularly impressive. He's just kind of riding the bike in a fairly normal manner. A good rider that's having fun doing it to be sure, but he's not getting all hoppy and trialsy and blowing my mind.

And that's a completely accurate depiction of ebikes. They open a lot of doors, but they close some doors too.

The relentless need to invalidate other peoples interests continues to catch me off guard. Call me naive thinking TGR was a place for fun banter between like minded people.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Chris Akrigg

The relentless need to invalidate other peoples interests continues to catch me off guard. Call me naive thinking TGR was a place for fun banter between like minded people.
    Most of what I've seen in here isn't invalidating people's interests, it's expressing concern as to the definition of a bicycle because there are real world ramifications for how that term is defined. But inevitably that discussion will be taken as a personal attack by people on both sides, and will then devolve into actual personal attacks.

(Also, I think whatever bike you ride is terrible, your wheel size decision is incorrect, and your father smells of elderberries. /fun banter).

Whoa. Toast, petty sure we were replying at the same time but I looks like I was responding to your totally neutral post. Mostly just getting hung up on climbervan’strolling and Grinch’s inevitably being sucked into the troll.

However many are in a shit ton.

Whoa. Toast, petty sure we were replying at the same time but I looks like I was responding to your totally neutral post. Mostly just getting hung up on climbervan’strolling and Grinch’s inevitably being sucked into the troll.

Oh yeah, I get you.

Mostly I'm just saying that I don't think people are trolling just for the sake of trolling. Ebikes are a thorny issue, and there's a legit discussion to be had. But this is the internet, so obviously that discussion is gonna immediately devolve into trolling. Which is also kind of entertaining.

Just hear not compromising on the truth. How about you? Looks like youre caving to toasts biased narrative with the cowardly deflection

Guess I should have stuck with Grinch's unbiased narrative.

Ya maybe your next word salad will be unbiased. Doubtful though. For the naysayers they either block out any facts, like stravevan, because they cant back down fron their over the top stance which was and is just a flex, or its a very slow back track of gradual acceptance of the indisputable benefits of the eeb but cover their stance pointing out minor differences or inadequacies of the bikes with word salads. Really doesnt matter how long the word salad is, the fact of the matter is its relatively inconsequential in the big picture. But please carry on, its quite entertaining and some will even agree with you in posts despite not actually agreeing with you. School yard politics at its finest on the trg is further entertainment for me

Now that was a BIG salad Jerry.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Tru dat. Bssed on fact though not trying to support nonsense on a slow backtrack. If jimy2f had any ballz he'd of called out toast as well

Haha. You must have forgotten the time we went ski touring in 2020 and I broke trail for 4 hours and still had to wait (along with my girlfriend, who has only been skiing for a couple of years) while you huffed and puffed? No e-skins yet, huh?

I’m laughing

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ya maybe your next word salad will be unbiased. Doubtful though. For the naysayers they either block out any facts, like stravevan, because they cant back down fron their over the top stance which was and is just a flex, or its a very slow back track of gradual acceptance of the indisputable benefits of the eeb but cover their stance pointing out minor differences or inadequacies of the bikes with word salads. Really doesnt matter how long the word salad is, the fact of the matter is its relatively inconsequential in the big picture. But please carry on, its quite entertaining and some will even agree with you in posts despite not actually agreeing with you. School yard politics at its finest on the trg is further entertainment for me

You might be the least self aware person on this board. You immediately dismiss anyone’s legitimate concerns and try to stop any kind of conversation about the merits and drawbacks of e bikes on multiuse trails that have non motorized status. Have you ever wondered why you are mocked and get pushback? Even by people you know irl and consider you to be nice. Clueless

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Most of what I've seen in here isn't invalidating people's interests, it's expressing concern as to the definition of a bicycle because there are real world ramifications for how that term is defined. But inevitably that discussion will be taken as a personal attack by people on both sides, and will then devolve into actual personal attacks.

(Also, I think whatever bike you ride is terrible, your wheel size decision is incorrect, and your father smells of elderberries. /fun banter).
    As I have said several times in this thread, I have zero problem with motorized recreation and I own motorcycles. Motors can be really fun!

The problem is that people keep trying to claim that e-bikes are the same as bicycles and that they would be allowed on the same trails without a serious review. The fact is that the presence of a motor makes them not exclusively human powered and therefore fundamentally different from bicycles.

I don't see why acknowledging that reality is so difficult (or in the case of grinch, triggering). Why can't e-bikers just say " yep, we're doing this new form of motorized recreation and really want to promote it by setting a good example"? Instead there appears to be a concerted effort to: 1, pretend that the motors don't exist; and 2: ignore current regulations and ride non-motorized trails anyway. The former is just idiotic and the latter alienates people who might otherwise be allies.

If pointing out inarguable facts constitutes trolling, then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

I don't see why acknowledging that reality is so difficult (or in the case of grinch, triggering). Why can't e-bikers just say " yep, we're doing this new form of motorized recreation and really want to promote it by setting a good example"? Instead there appears to be a concerted effort to: 1, pretend that the motors don't exist; and 2: ignore current regulations and ride non-motorized trails anyway. The former is just idiotic and the latter alienates people who might otherwise be allies.
    Honestly, a huge part of it is how the industry markets ebikes. There is a massive financial incentive for the manufacturers of ebikes for their ebikes to be treated exactly the same as pedal bikes, both with respect to regulations and with respect to the buying public's perception of them. From the beginning, the major manufacturers have done their best to blur the lines between ebikes and pedal bikes. So it's not too surprising that plenty of people go along with that narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m laughing

That might heal your prolonged butthurt some.
    Where did i say i was currently fitter than stravevan? No surprise he embellished the situation a tad and neglected mentioning me waiting for the two of them to pick themselves off the ground in the trees multiple times but one day hardly makes a case. It was wierd though. I thought maybe they hadnt traversed through trees before. It wasnt even bushy. He's the big talker, i hadnt mentioned any great personal fitness. My fitness is hit and miss at this point. Im on an ebike for facks sake. I couldnt care less about climbing speed winter or summer. Im looking for consistent fitness but mostly fun. Youre not very smart are you?
    Why did stravavan go silent when i offered to compare racing results? If he wants to flex he should man up. Its hardly worth flexing on an older injured guy. He's probably down at the seniors center now. Doing his hans and franz in his sock stuffed speedo

Honestly, a huge part of it is how the industry markets ebikes. There is a massive financial incentive for the manufacturers of ebikes for their ebikes to be treated exactly the same as pedal bikes, both with respect to regulations and with respect to the buying public's perception of them. From the beginning, the major manufacturers have done their best to blur the lines between ebikes and pedal bikes. So it's not too surprising that plenty of people go along with that narrative.
    Indeed. They've cynically muddied the waters. It has created a growing backlash but they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Personally I have no opinion whatsoever on the topic of puss-E-bikes

All I know is I will have one.

I’m 56 and my knees are hammered, I still relish climbing but I know my days are numbered.

The e-bike will add to my quiver, not replace it. N+at least 2 is where it sits for me.

Good thing is I got two new bikes in over the past year so my future is bright!

Indeed. They've cynically muddied the waters. It has created a growing backlash but they are laughing all the way to the bank.
    You 2 idiots are now entering conspiracy territory. Too funny. Ever heard of the term capitalism? Supply and demand? They function as a bike. The only issue you have is made up in your pea brains. "A growing backlash" thats fkn hilarious unless by "backlash" you mean "exceptance". Talk about tone deaf