Page 138 of 197 FirstFirst ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4901
    Giant explore +4 GTS 20 its a very slightly used E-bike about 3100$ new, the local Giant dealer sez to ask 500 less and i think it might be sold already

owned by a very tall lawyer with very tall tales, who sucumbed to brain cancer before he could use it much so his buddies put it in a draw for a commuter project

Murray like to tell the story of getting his client off for fucking the neighbor's dog,

his defence was that the plantiff could not prove if the dog was an unwilling participant

edit: the bike is gone already, that was a quick 2700$
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-02-2021 at 04:17 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Cha ching! I hope thats a tall tale. Stranger things have happened up narth though

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Almost forgot. Touches on some options. I like having my display but id like to dial in a garmin. A bunch more useable features on those. They seem to be the prefered system with the tech savy on the forums

that looks like what I want , thanx !

Liked it until 2:48 at $10.6k usd
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    that looks like what I want , thanx !
    NP, i subbed to that channel so it was in my feed yesterday. Some interesting bits in there. Looks like it was working good through the bumps
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Liked it until 2:48 at $10.6k usd
    I think orbea is quite competitive for price. That one was the full carbon with fox factory top spec.
    I prefer aluminium everywhere, especially on emtb's(bars,cranks,wheels and frame) and drivetrains where faster so deore works. Id spend extra on hubs and suspension. You dont have to be as concerned with weight as you probably know. Not sure how much the aluminium model is? Xxxer?

shop bro was quoting 9800 CAN for the carbon which he kind of has now

as opposed to 7700 CAN for the ALU a little bit later when the model is actulay launched,

right now there isnt much carved in stone re specs and colors

for the extra 2000$ i can weight (pun intended ) for aluminium

That works. For reference, my yt decoy base model was 7280 shipped, tax in and i consider that a pretty good deal, and thats online not an lbs and 2019. Decoy was only about 1500 more than my 21 meta enduro bike that i bought in 2020. A motor and battery alone would run 22-2300. Pretty similar price bracket ,all that considered, for your Rise, and from an lbs

Shop bro said they could probably get 3500-4000 for my Yeti 5.5 which has been a great bike but now is a good time to get out of it with prices and demand being so high and with the 2700 from the e-bike I'm most of the way to a Rise

Good plan. With global demand for emtb's seeing even more growth than the red hot mtb market and manufacturing not catching up for a couple years its a great time to get in, especially if you find a good fit at a great price. Newer motor, newer bike and newer sl category even limits any risk further.

It's grinch's long lost brother! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipvesqJP1e4
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Dood, thats just kind of dumb, i mean who couldnt write something like that? Even if you dont understand what an ebike does its just not very witty. Check the bobo youtube vids out. Atleast that guy is funny.
    Hey, we should compare resume's, race results, national rankings and you can add in your strava kom's to really send it home. In the vid they talk about the guy losing. Do they mean 2nd place or dead last? Should we only include our pro wins? Podiums? I assume you would know or claim to

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Dood, thats just kind of dumb, i mean who couldnt write something like that? Even if you dont understand what an ebike does its just not very witty. Check the bobo youtube vids out. Atleast that guy is funny.
    Hey, we should compare resume's, race results, national rankings and you can add in your strava kom's to really send it home. In the vid they talk about the guy losing. Do they mean 2nd place or dead last? Should we only include our pro wins? Podiums? I assume you would know or claim to

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    It's grinch's long lost brother! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipvesqJP1e4
    Crickets. I shouldve figured as much

"Pro" tip : if youre going to shit talk about racing you should have atleast a result or 3 to back it up. Crickets and strava isnt very impressive bud

Is there an eMTB-specific advocacy group in the US?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

None, that I know of.

You would think that the manufacturer’s would form one.

I ride relatively early, everyday, mostly in Snowmass. I haven’t seen any ebikes poaching single track this year so far.

It’s pretty hilly here.
    I do see a ton families on them on the MUT’s, that would be strenuous on regular bikes. Riding them up to the Bells is huge and the rental companies are making a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    It’s pretty hilly here.
    I do see a ton families on them on the MUT’s, that would be strenuous on regular bikes. Riding them up to the Bells is huge and the rental companies are making a fortune.
    Are they on pedal-assist style ebikes? Just curious because the rentals around here are all throttle assist. When I'm driving, it's a trip to see them coming towards you on the opposing shoulder, as they look like a cyclist, but they are doing 30+ through the flats and no pedaling.

Theses are all class 1’s.

^Thanks. Rambo and Rad are the brands being sold/rented here.

Anyone riding the Shimano EP8 motor? I read it has a clunking noise under load. How loud is it? I’m concerned my OCD may not tolerate it.

I think the clunking is when its not under load. Its the clutch not being engaged when youre coasting , so downhill through the rough. Bosch has it too. I wouldnt be too concerned. Nothing bad will happen because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Anyone riding the Shimano EP8 motor? I read it has a clunking noise under load. How loud is it? I’m concerned my OCD may not tolerate it.
    I worked on. Bullit last week that had that clunk. It’s surprisingly bad. It’s crazy that Shimano even launched that product IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Might be worth demoing. Ive heard its an issue for some and not for others. Large majority arent bothered by it.
    All the motors are pretty good right now . Manufacturing wont catch up with the ever increasing gloval demand for atleast 2 years ,and probably more with emtb's because its exploding, so if you can find a bike you like, it fits and you have some $ get it. Ride it for a couple years and sell it without losing much. If you dont like it in a couple months chances are you lose nothing.
    I have a shimano e8000 but if k was looking for a new bike itd be a bosch bike. Shimano warrantee is 2 yrs and bosch is 2 years but if you warrantee a bosch motor in 2 yrs the new motor has a further 2 years. Bosch seem to be more durable, well sealed , bosch support seems to have parts available quick(displays, wires, batteries world wide is key for travel), and the motor axle/sleeves/bearings are rebuildable, their 85nm of tourque seems to out pull other 85nm motors, and their battery consumption is the best(slightly better than brose and almost 50% better than shimano and yamaha). All things to consider. The main thing i want is durability. My e8000 only has 70nm and its super fun everywhere.i just want it to keep running but if had a choice itd be bosch. Right now id buy anybike i liked without a worry though. Some good deals out there

I had an e8000 and now a Rocky Mountain Powerplay, which is kinda loud and referred to as the coffee grinder.

I got my wife a Bosch cx4 last year, before the software update. At first I was disappointed, but after the update, it’s easily the best of the three. Mainly because of its range.

I recently rode a SC Heckler with an Ep8.
    It’s a really nice bike. I didn’t get to max out the range, but it’s pretty close in performance, to the updated Bosch.

Availability,is the biggest factor and I wouldn’t hesitate to get a Ep8 bike if it had the features I want.
    But I’m deaf to squeaks and motor noise.

Ep8 bikes check out husqvarna. Really good price and spec. No reports but im thinking they probably have decent cs being so huge and they seem to be putting a big push in the market. I think its the hard cross that is the 180 bike. With assist that makes for a great do it all bike. The price is less than my online yt decoy was in 2019 and i considered that one of the best deals/bikes at the time. Still an option if you csn find one
    For bosch , mondraker has entered the canadian market so id imagine N america. Nice specc on the 170/180 bike and great price. Similar price to my decoy in '19 . You might want to down size in those. Theyre looong
    Husky hardcross is 27.5(their 150/160 bike is a mullet) and the mondraker is 29 f/r

I ended up ordering the Chinese carbon fatty a month ago. They messaged me that if I wanted it by the advertised date, I’d have to take it unassembled.
    Which is BS, cause it will save them a ton in labor and freight.
    I’m not comfortable assembling an ebike and I don’t really need it till November, so I told them I’ll wait.