Page 137 of 197 FirstFirst ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4912
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Bosch are great but have you ridden a new Brosse? That margin you speak of isn't that wide and it's debatable which end of it the Bosch is on.
    Did you end up getting something? I thought you got an orbea occam non eeb?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

For service Brosse has stepped it up this year. We've got Bulls and Orbea & Moustache that run Bosch & Brosse. Far more Bosch than Brosse in our shop, for all but the most nit picky sensitive people comparing the Bosch & Brosse is pointless, they're both awesome. I suspect just because of the volume of Bosch out there the support network will be better but maybe the smaller guy can move quicker.

If I put on my nit picky hat, the Brosse is slightly more powerful, quieter and feels smoother. The Bosch feels slightly quicker to respond off (stop pedalling motor stops). That might make it nicer for more technical Rocky climbs. If I had to choose I'd just say yes.

Ya, I got an Orbea Occam M10 non E, all I can say is wow. Only 140mm but faster up and down than my Reign. My only issue is pedal strikes, I've been thrown twice when my pedal stopped abruptly. Who would think 6mm lower BB would make that much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Ya, I got an Orbea Occam M10 non E, all I can say is wow. Only 140mm but faster up and down than my Reign. My only issue is pedal strikes, I've been thrown twice when my pedal stopped abruptly. Who would think 6mm lower BB would make that much difference.
    Nice, their whole line up looks great. Good proces too. I used to nail rocks when i fitst got my decoy. Ended up bending one crank arm. I have shorter cranks now but even before that i think i just got used to it. It did take a while. Now my mulletized meta 29 is even lower and the decoy feels high in comparison. Race to the bottom it seems. There was a time i really didnt think i would like it that low now im hesitant to raise them. Decoy has a higher setting i tgought id use but not so far, maybe this year on alpine excursions?
    Hopefully bike companies get back to demo days soon. Really want to try the different motors. I'm only familiar with shimano and one short ride on a yamaha/giant. Word on the street is rocky will have new bikes with a smallrr motor and bosch will have a motor and 750w battery with different voltage and theyll have an sl class motor as well. Milking my e8000 equipped decoy until the next gen is released i think

Teh trg peer pressure is a thing eh? Dont be scared of a few ignorant Karens. Its just mt biking

Race only springs progressive coil seems to work as advertised. Need more "testing". Canfield crampons were "needed"
    Not sure where im going with a fork, zeb, 38, boxxer or 49?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210602_201437.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	208.4 KB 
ID:	376286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210602_201413.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	172.9 KB 
ID:	376287

There is a lot of progression in the linkage of the YT, I am really surprised that you find the need for a progressive coil spring.

Did you go with a lower initial rate and your regular second rate on the Race Only spring?

No, i had a 350 on there and this is 375-430. The 350 was too light and im still not sure i need the progressive coil. It was great on a couple non steep rides. I'll give it a few days on the dh trails but it doesnt feel much stiffer off the top, just more mid stroke support. I have dvo spacers for it as well incase it ends up on my meta. Steeps should tell the tale. If i want more travel there ill soon find out

So I ended up ordering an Aventon Pace 500 for the Mrs. I take delivery today.... I really wanted to buy a mid drive from a major brand, but it’s hard to justify $4k for a townie... if she rides it a ton I can always upgrade to a nicer rig and sell the Aventon....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    So I ended up ordering an Aventon Pace 500 for the Mrs. I take delivery today.... I really wanted to buy a mid drive from a major brand, but it’s hard to justify $4k for a townie... if she rides it a ton I can always upgrade to a nicer rig and sell the Aventon....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    My parents have been loving their Pace 500. It's tripled their bike time.

It's hard not to recognize the value in the inexpensive hub drive options for a commuter/town bike.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

I mostly ride an E-bike in the winter. They groom to the Bells, part of Independence and lots of MUT’s.

Fat E-mid drives are unattainable.
    I would gladly purchase from an LBS,
    but they got nothing.

Parts don’t look too bad in this, but I’m not familiar with this particular Bafang motor?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27464605489...Cclp%3A2332490

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I mostly ride an E-bike in the winter. They groom to the Bells, part of Independence and lots of MUT’s.

but they got nothing.

Parts don’t look too bad in this, but I’m not familiar with this particular Bafang motor?

I think that motor is the same motor luna cycle(california) use in their bike. It has a steel internal gear and more power but essentially the same as the class 1 equivalent bafang 500. I think the bikes all come from the same chinese factory. They seem to work well enough. Theirs a cheeb thread on emtb forums on how he set up the direct buy. A number of people ended up building uo some

Ripping!

Definitely good for a chuckle:

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Bobo has had a few funny emtb content vids

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I booked one of these ^^ this morning, I think that is the carbon Rise in the vid ^^ so Orbea is making an Aluminium framed Rise that will be a couple G's cheaper, with a motor so I'm thinking carbon will be less of a necessity

Thing is at this point I don't even know what the exact colors or spec will be but shop bro sez he has 25 coming so there must be something worthy of my visa card
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ordea has a custom paint option with literally hundreds of options. Not sure if that slows or speeds up the process. Its part of their thing that few if any are offering, let alone a major brand. Thousands of possible combinations between the mainframe and seat and chainstay
    Good call on the aluminium, in my opinion. They seem to be quieter and better managing heat for what thats worth or how much thats even a factor. But yes a lb isnt even remotely a concern with assist. Even 50+ lb emtb's arent really a problem after a couple weeks of not having to adjust from your muscle memory of a 35lb bike. First few rides most people are struggling with the added weight a bit only because they pull, without thinking, being used to pulling 30 rather than 50

The first few times i rode my e bike, i fell a few times because i wasn't used to the added weight, mostly when putting a foot down.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I was so psyched on mine when i first got it. Had a bunch of alpine exploring planned then the shimano motor shit the bed just as the alpine opened and supply chains dwindled with covid/bike boom. Luckily it was just as the bike park opened. Pounded the gondi days in , on my now 54/55lb eeb, with no assist and it just became natural. Every movement took in to account the current weight instinctively. Just became natural. That and being fully adjusted to a new bike. Im slightly quicker on my enduro bike but only slightly. The heavier bike is way more comfortable , and i guess safer, because its so stable in the air or corners. It just sticks where the enduro bike wont. Flies off the lips too. I can get a good tug on the enduro bike and clear unexpected things when needed or at slower speeds just fkn around that i might not do on the eeb but hitting the jump trails at speed the eeb flies further. Added compression/pop off the lip with that weight and then it sails like a milktruck. More stable especially if the wind is blowing. I switch day to day at the park between the enduro and the eeb. Just fixing my b tension screw now, on the eeb, rattled out of the deore 12 spd der yesterday at tge park . I was wondering what the rattle was. Creaks and rattles yesterday had me sketched. Hopefully the blue loctite does the job

but they got nothing.

The Bafang m620 on that eBay bike is a beast but heavy. I got a fat tire Luna BABE demo with the less powerful m600 (running at 800w instead of 500w) and I'm happy with it, though my needs/wants may be more limited than yours.

Shop bro sez even in ALU the Rise will be close to or under 40lbs,

he sez it looks like e-bikes will be going the way of either lighter at sub 40

OR heavier at close to 50

these bike were all booked at random so we gots to wait and see what shakes out, I might actualy see a bike in the fall, there are different options available like the fox 36 but I think I got dibs on something from those 25 bikes I kinda like that dark blue paint

Part of the reason i like the rise is because it doesnt give up too much being one of the sl emtb's. I like the levo sl , kenevo sl, and atleast the ideas behind the fazua bikes but i dont think i could have one of them as my one and only emtb. Initially i thought my bike would be a leave my truck at home shuttle machine with some occasional alpine exploring to places that were previously hike a bikes. My bike covers that well but half the time im going on the xc trails just spinning around for a good pedal or going to those trails when its wet and climbing wet rooty tech,and seeing no one despite being close to home, and because the dh trails here when its pouring arent the best. The spesh sl's and the fazua bikes arent going to be great climbing the hike a bike trails or the wet tech so thats half the fun theyre missing, both of which are a great escape from the masses. The rise however only has 10nm less than my decoy and its 15lbs lighter. Sometimes i wish i had the little extra ummph of the bosch for those tech climb days but my e8000 is in the same ballpark and id imagine the rise will be capable there too. Levo sl would be ok for trail riding, thats it. Atleast the kenevo sl would be good at dh and park along with the trail riding

but they got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    The Bafang m620 on that eBay bike is a beast but heavy. I got a fat tire Luna BABE demo with the less powerful m600 (running at 800w instead of 500w) and I'm happy with it, though my needs/wants may be more limited than yours.
    It looks like it may come from the same factory as these. You can get the m500 or m600 and 27.5 or 29. Not as good a deal though.

http://www.fangbikes.com/

Im liking that ebay bike more snd more. Not sure about fat tires but the bike says good times

I won a Giant explore E-bike worth 3200$, its the wrong size and the wrong bike so i'm not even gona ride it , just flog and put the money towards an Orbea

Shouldnt have a hard time selling it. My decoy is my commuter, xc, shuttle, alpine explorer. My insurance agent says i can get the low mileage rate on my truck now. Since i got the decoy ive put less than 5k km/yr on the truck. Not everytime but when im doing my around town errands i often have local non cyclists ask me how i like my ebike because they want one or i pass the ever expanding previously non cycling e bikers posse. As we smile and wave sometimes i ask "you guys having fun" just to get the smiles and enthusiasm. The cummuters are a different segment but theyre growing in numbers , probably even faster than emtbers. A few are on the premium brands spesh and giant and a few cargo bikes bit most are on the online rad rover type bikes with the big battery down the back of the seat tube. Even seen a younger guy yesterday on one of those pedaling with no power, creaking cranks and his guitar case slung over his shoulder. May his parents clapped out bike thats all he had. We're at that stage now. Theyre getting clapped out , just another bike level