Page 136 of 197 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Aggg tempted to do a garage build full suspension bike. Some little Italian start-up is making a retrofit unit that functions that same as the Rocky Mountain bike with a small cog driving the chain.

Stuff a small battery up inside the downtube giving just enough power for the quick hit lunch hour power hour ride.

I like that idea, especially w a small battery/normal downtube if the bb is seperate from the motor like the rocky's. It can serve as a regular mtb apart from an extra 4/5lbs for the motor, especially if its a common easily replaceable bb

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I like that idea, especially w a small battery/normal downtube if the bb is seperate from the motor like the rocky's. It can serve as a regular mtb apart from an extra 4/5lbs for the motor, especially if its a common easily replaceable bb

This idea is burning further into my head. I like many people are time constrained so I really don't need 600wh+ of battery. Build the bike around a smaller form factor 300wh battery thus keeping weight even lower in both weight and COG.

Looking back at what Vouilloz did with the Lapierre Overvolt GLP 2 he looked at battery options to drop weight.

The look of this thing has grown on me. It comes with the lighter 500wh block mount battery rather than the heavier in downtube option, and it opens the option to run the smaller lighter 300w option.

Basically build a bike around mounting a Rockery Overtime size battery (300w) and own a second one that you can toss in your pack. The smaller 300w batteries weight about 4lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    This idea is burning further into my head. I like many people are time constrained so I really don't need 600wh+ of battery. Build the bike around a smaller form factor 300wh battery thus keeping weight even lower in both weight and COG.

Looking back at what Vouilloz did with the Lapierre Overvolt GLP 2 he looked at battery options to drop weight.

The look of this thing has grown on me. It comes with the lighter 500wh block mount battery rather than the heavier in downtube option, and it opens the option to run the smaller lighter 300w option.

Basically build a bike around mounting a Rockery Overtime size battery (300w) and own a second one that you can toss in your pack. The smaller 300w batteries weight about 4lbs.
    Yes im leaning toward that. Half the time with my E i do end up riding longer yhamn expected. 4lbs would be nothing to carry. The water bottle mount extender batteries are a good idea as well. People seem to be able to get a lot of km's out of their levo sl's with the extender. The bottle mount extender makes the bike possible to fly with just using the extender, if thats on your radar. I think its 200w max for carry on luggage. Thats not a concern right now for me (pandemic) but i wish yt just used a shimano battery so i could take the bike on flights and rent a battery on location. Easier to track down shimano or bosch batteries

I don't think I'd ever fly with it. This would be the lunch hour power hour machine.

Perfect. Be interesting to see what you come up with and how the motor battery perform.
    Theres a lot of benefits to extra weight if you have tourque/assist but there's also a lot of benefits to a light weight option. It takes me a bit to adjust to either switching back and forth but not too long. A little extra weight centralized is going to be sweet

I think this is a mags account. Not positive as i get mixed up on who's who. Anyway i like their pics. Very good photog. Turns out theyre an eeber. Interesting statsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210321-102250_Instagram.jpeg 
Views:	178 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	368323

Anyone have any suggestions for 160mm aluminium cranks for a shimano motor? My lower line shimano cranks are bent and i think xt cranks are delayed for a while

Rad wars. The force is with Akrigg

Any direct to consumer EB brands worth it for a townie for the wife? Looking for a mid-drive, step thru, 250w, “budget” EB. Use case would be coffee runs, farmers market, neighborhood cruises. No longer than 10mi.... I was looking at the lowest spec’d stuff from Trek, Spesh, Kona, Cdale, etc.... I am afraid of going to one of the 1000 brand new EBike brands that have sprouted out of thin air...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Any direct to consumer EB brands worth it for a townie for the wife? Looking for a mid-drive, step thru, 250w, “budget” EB. Use case would be coffee runs, farmers market, neighborhood cruises. No longer than 10mi.... I was looking at the lowest spec’d stuff from Trek, Spesh, Kona, Cdale, etc.... I am afraid of going to one of the 1000 brand new EBike brands that have sprouted out of thin air...

Not my wheelhouse but you might want to look at cube or giant. They seem to have a decent selection and they'd probably be the best pricepoint for the bigger brands

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

A buddy has a RAD he picked up for $1600. Works great for all the stuff you listed along with light trail riding. He’s only been on it a few months so no idea about build quality. It was inexpensive for a EB tho.

There are Rad bikes everywhere around here (Seattle). People seem to love them and even though they're somewhat heavy and hub motor driven, they're a great option for coffee/grocery runs and hauling the kids around. They sell as many as they do for good reason IMO.

Electric Bike Thread

We just got a Radwagon 4 to haul 2 kids under 5/commuting/errands. Nothing but good things to say about it. It is massive/super heavy, but that’s only an issue getting in and out of the garage to store it. I’d probably own a smaller model if I didn’t have kids though.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 05-06-2021 at 07:49 AM.

Owned my radwagon gen 3 for about 6 months. It's a great bike. Ride the kids (4 and 2) around town regularly. Can haul kids, bikes, groceries, etc. with ease. Highly recommend for families with good/safe city bike access.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

The e-bike company I was repping made a snap decision Thursday morning to pull out of the US (and Canada). Just as the line was going from one frame/several models to 4 frames with a dozen models they realized that they can't get enough parts to build it all out so they bailed on this side of the pond. They cancelled all existing orders that were in the system and they're shutting it down at the end of the month. That's a rather huge part of my income for the year gone... but on the upside I have a really nice (mostly unserviceable) used demo bike.

That sucks. Sorry man. Good luck.

^^ thanks. Yeah, it's gonna hurt...

Anybody ever used this outfit to rebuild an eBike battery?

https://www.fthpower.com/pages/repair-reconditioning

Grinch should really wear this shirt ironically.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0C4626F2-8FD4-4997-BF6B-479DDF2EA1E3.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	457.4 KB 
ID:	374513
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Grinch should really wear this shirt ironically.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0C4626F2-8FD4-4997-BF6B-479DDF2EA1E3.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	457.4 KB 
ID:	374513
    Im down wit that. Couldve legit worn it today. Eeb in for million vert pivot/bearing replacement. Full earn today. Folks will still say "yah right your full of it!!"
    Moderate success,on my meta,trying to repeat the tech climbs id been working on with the eeb. Pulled my self inside out trying to repeat them. Might take a bit yet.
    Thought i might see mention of the new kenevo sl in here today. Just crickets though.
    I was full 9er today, for shits and giggles. Are you having fun on the mullet? Cranks ok?

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Anybody ever used this outfit to rebuild an eBike battery?

https://www.fthpower.com/pages/repair-reconditioning

This is pretty stupid, they don't repair bosch, Yamaha?

Who else is left?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Or Shimano?

Rad Power does sell a shit load of bikes.

Clearly thats for the generic ebikes with a brand name slapped on them and thats great. Those bikes still arent cheap and that eases the mind, at that price, to make an ebike purchase. Bafang hub drive motor and youre good for a while. We need more battery and motor service techs. Theres a really good bosch motor rebuilder in the uk. Be nice to find, or have one, this side of the pond. Still the best motor by a wide margin

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Theres a really good bosch motor rebuilder in the uk. Be nice to find, or have one, this side of the pond. Still the best motor by a wide margin

Bosch are great but have you ridden a new Brosse? That margin you speak of isn't that wide and it's debatable which end of it the Bosch is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Bosch are great but have you ridden a new Brosse? That margin you speak of isn't that wide and it's debatable which end of it the Bosch is on.
    The new brose does sound like theyve fixed all the issues. When they run theyre very capable, intuitive and a great app, although i havent actually rode one. Still a first year product though after tons of issues. I think the new motor goes back to 2 year warrantee. The previous ones were rebuildable so i imagine the new ones are, unlike shimano. Levo comp i could get into if the new motor turns out to be dependable. New Levo is pretty sweet.
    Still ive been impressed with parts availability and service from bosch. Steered a buddy to a cube stereo hybrid 160 and he's a competitive moto trials guy and he abuses his emtb like its a moto trials. Smashing stuff. Smashed his mitor guerds, computer display, wires and some other parts like brakes , rotors, derailler. The bosch stuff he had fixed in 1-7 days. I was surprised how quick