Page 132 of 197 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Are you getting pinch flats in winter?

Did your norco come with tubeless ready wheels?

My 2020 was originally spec'd with mulefits but they changed it and I'm stuck with no name wheels.

I tried to set up tubeless but no luck.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    No I've been riding the fat e alot on dirt since putting the Bluto on. Rims are Not tubeless, used muc off valves, sealant and gorilla tape. Lots of sealant, like 250+ ml per.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    No I've been riding the fat e alot on dirt since putting the Bluto on. Rims are Not tubeless, used muc off valves, sealant and gorilla tape. Lots of sealant, like 250+ ml per.

Good info... thanks.

My problem is I couldn't get air into the tire fast enough to push the tire bead out to give it a chance to seal... might have to try again with my non tubeless ready rims with other methods.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Good info... thanks.

My problem is I couldn't get air into the tire fast enough to push the tire bead out to give it a chance to seal... might have to try again with my non tubeless ready rims with other methods.

Try leaving your tires inside out for a night.
    Also helps to have someone else to help push tire to make but seal.

Not the flashiest yt channel but unbiased and always on point and ahead of the curve. Worth a sub if youre considering an emtb

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Shop gave me a demo for a few days. My mind is blown by this bike.

Buddy wants to sell me his Trek Rail 9.7

-whats a good deal on this bike
    -should I buy it?

I wasn't too e-curious until he's called me every week this year saying how amazing E biking is, and how it combines the best parts of moto, and MTB, which sounds to me like a really good time.

Unfortunately I don't have time right now to do all the research before the offer expires, so I'm hoping someone here can set me straight,
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Buddy wants to sell me his Trek Rail 9.7

-whats a good deal on this bike
    -should I buy it?

I wasn't too e-curious until he's called me every week this year saying how amazing E biking is, and how it combines the best parts of moto, and MTB, which sounds to me like a really good time.

Unfortunately I don't have time right now to do all the research before the offer expires, so I'm hoping someone here can set me straight,
    Tough to say what a "good deal"is. Trek has retail pricing on the web. A 9.7 is pretty high level spec, The 7.0 I ordered is $8k Canadian and it's a lower spec than the 9.7.
    Yes buy it, absolutely the most fun I've ever had on a bicycle.

Theyve gone up in pricing this year. Still a good deal. Last year they were a standout. I think it was the rail 6 i was looking at. I think bosch's pricing on their new gen4 cx motor to bike companies was super competitive. Bosch equipped bikes seemed to be the best deal last year and the motor turned out to be really good. I kept bouncing between the trek rail and the cube 160. Rail looks sweet. Flip chip so ive seen people making them mullets, adding a 60mm stroke coil shock(makes it 156 travel) and long air shaft to the fork. If it fits you and its a good deal i'd say get it and dont sleep on a great deal

After doing some shopping yesterday and finding a remarkable dearth of available ebikes with good spec and modern geometry, I pulled the trigger on an XL Thok TK01 from Ridewill.it. I'd ordered a Givi topcase from them a couple years ago and knew they were legit. Price was right about $5k with shipping to the US, and seemed like a very fair deal. Got an email this AM saying they had to cancel my order because they can't ship Thok bikes outside of the EU. Damn! Well, in all my near paralysis-by-analysis yesterday, I did learn that I definitely want to look for the EP8 instead of the E8000 if I go with a Shimano motor. Before yesterday, I was in the "I'm 57 and retired; I'll have an e-bike eventually" camp, but now the hunt is on in earnest so I can open up some self-shuttling opportunities. Maybe Propain or Vitus will find a way to sell their e-range here early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe View Post
    After doing some shopping yesterday and finding a remarkable dearth of available ebikes with good spec and modern geometry, I pulled the trigger on an XL Thok TK01 from Ridewill.it. I'd ordered a Givi topcase from them a couple years ago and knew they were legit. Price was right about $5k with shipping to the US, and seemed like a very fair deal. Got an email this AM saying they had to cancel my order because they can't ship Thok bikes outside of the EU. Damn! Well, in all my near paralysis-by-analysis yesterday, I did learn that I definitely want to look for the EP8 instead of the E8000 if I go with a Shimano motor. Before yesterday, I was in the "I'm 57 and retired; I'll have an e-bike eventually" camp, but now the hunt is on in earnest so I can open up some self-shuttling opportunities. Maybe Propain or Vitus will find a way to sell their e-range here early next year.
    Damn! Thats too bad. Thats a screaming deal on a considerable bike. I think the tk01 is their new long travel bike with the ep8? Batteries have to ship by ground so i guess thats why its not available in N america. Same for vitus. I wouldnt expect them to be shipping here
    Looks like you were getting a size xl, and if thats the case and you're also considering bosch cx equipped bikes, id check out "Whyte" bikes. They have a us distributor and great bikes at a nice price. I hear the company is big on customer service and a lbs should be able to get one for you. Good to have lbs support wirh emtbs. The only thing keeping me away is they dont have great standover for my short inseam. Their new e180 is pretty sweet. A number of reviews on youtube

Yeah, the e180 is sweet and well regarded, but $2500 more than that TK01 with the same EP8. Also appears to be sold out. Back to that availability thing. I guess having a US distributor is key, as Whyte, Bulls, Canyon, Cube, Commencal, etc. are all selling bikes over here in N. America. I was hoping Propain (Ekano) or Vitus (E-Sommet) would follow suit, as they tick all the boxes but at a lower price point. Maybe they only look to be cheaper when you see the EU prices with the VAT lopped off? Ridewill.it quoted me a Jan. 12 delivery, so I figured it was coming by boat and I was GTG.

Yeah, the e180 is sweet and well regarded, but $2500 more than that TK01 with the same EP8. Also appears to be sold out. Back to that availability thing. I guess having a US distributor is key, as Whyte, Bulls, Canyon, Cube, Commencal, etc. are all selling bikes over here in N. America. I was hoping Propain (Ekano) or Vitus (E-Sommet) would follow suit, as they tick all the boxes but at a lower price point. Maybe they only look to be cheaper when you see the EU prices with the VAT lopped off? Ridewill.it quoted me a Jan. 12 delivery, so I figured it was coming by boat and I was GTG.
    Youre in LA so that definitely puts a yt decoy in play. The yt mill is in california. Great bike and price and good service from yt north america, especislly if the yt mill is close. New bikes with the ep8 should be out soon. My e8000 died and got a run around dealing with shimano canada and a local shop without much eeb experience but yt north america stepped up and got me a warrantee motor relatively quick. The bike itself is awesome and if the ep8 is as improved as they say i'd have no problem getting back on that. Like new touring bindings, i want to wait a year before i commit to an ep8 equipped bike. I'm looking at a bosch gen4 cx equipped bike. Cube 160 seems to be the best deal out there. Im hoping to swing a nicolai but theyre a few extra $. I'm going to look into the pricing on the "niner" bikes too. The 180 mullet bike is really well sorted. Need to do more research on them and the price though

I posted over in the tight-pants thread before I found this one.

Intense Tazer MX.

I wasn't even thinking ebike, or pedal bike at all until I stopped into my local moto shop and they had one sitting on the floor. It blew my mind...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vJWaPBS68cY5PJ6M2UjhCR-1200-80.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	350988

I'm fascinated by this thing and it may be what gets me back into push bikes for when I'm not on one of the motorcycles. Thoughts?

Looks super fun for moto trails..,
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Looks super fun for moto trails..,
    Yah... and the fact that Intense is distributing those bikes through Parts Unlimited has them squarely focused on that set. I'm one.

Though I already have two bikes for the moto trails...

Name:	XJa2GmH.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	410.8 KB 
ID:	350991

Name:	kRjcJtw.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	763.8 KB 
ID:	350993

Maybe it's splitting too fine a hair, in terms of rideable trails? Around here, there are quite a few areas with trails that are closed to motos, but open to e-bikes. National Forests are largely no-go to e-bikes unless it's a designated OHV area, with a few exceptions. So a weird mix of where one can and cannot ride...

While it's a bit more expensive I can tell you that my mid 50's self is having a ball with the one I have www.greyp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I posted over in the tight-pants thread before I found this one.

Intense Tazer MX.

I wasn't even thinking ebike, or pedal bike at all until I stopped into my local moto shop and they had one sitting on the floor. It blew my mind...

Name:	vJWaPBS68cY5PJ6M2UjhCR-1200-80.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	350988

I'm fascinated by this thing and it may be what gets me back into push bikes for when I'm not on one of the motorcycles. Thoughts?
    Its pretty pimped but there are a ton of new bikes that i would chose before that. Maybe im mistaken but i think its just their current bike with a triple clamp fork added. 155 rear travel with a 180 fork. Coil and ohlins is super nice. In that segment id want atleast 160-180 rear travel. An emtb with that much rear travel and a 180 fork is still super versatile. My decoy has 165 coil rear with a 180 fork and its still a super fun trail bike that can handle any dh trail at the same time. Lots to chose from next year just have to commit to them now as most well sell out before they arrive in the spring. Id lean toward shop support and bosch equipped bikes. Cube, ,scott, orbea, niner are worth a look. The 180 mullet 9er bike looks to be the bidnrss with nice geo and specc. The new 180 scott too, especially if youd ride atleast a large or have a long inseam as thr chsinstay is a tad long. Im a short chsinstay guy but i still want atleast a 440 chainstay and wouldnt think twice at a 450 cs inspite of my short inseam. You climb a bit steeper trails on an emtb so the linger cs helps keep the front end down. To compensate for the cs length they generally have shorter reach to keep them playful or maneuverable when its tight or slower.
    Im ep8(new shimano motor)curious though and lots of super nice bikes coming out with that like kona, norco range, santa cruz bullit. Lbs bikes and a bit pricey. New marin is an lbs bike and its a really good price(bit shorter on travel but geo makrs up for it/rad bike) Commencal and yt will have the ep8 and are very nice, good price but maybe online could present a service/warrantee problem?
    A low mileage used 2020 kenevo would come with a transferrable 4 year warrantee on the updated brose motor. Good motor that had some issues but have recieved the updates to address all of them and a 4 yr warrantee to show their confinence in the updates.

I LOVE the photoshopped bike and charging cable.
    Stay klassy, Ford!

Name:  81680DC8-D03E-4DBD-AD19-9B82E7302A6F.jpeg
Views: 596
Size:  115.0 KB

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/wp-cont...-2048x1163.jpg

(Yes, I see that the whole thing is computer generated)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I LOVE the photoshopped bike and charging cable.
    Stay klassy, Ford!

Name:  81680DC8-D03E-4DBD-AD19-9B82E7302A6F.jpeg
Views: 596
Size:  115.0 KB

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/wp-cont...-2048x1163.jpg

(Yes, I see that the whole thing is computer generated)
    Haaa ford pinchin serious dough on the adverts these rona days. Added some girth to the tires too
    The only thing that depreciates faster than an emtb

Was out today on Mt Tam and it was about 20% ebikes. That’s some penetration

Electric Bike Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    No shit. Are they legal there?

Some guys from there, turned me on to clunkers in 78 and I will be forever grateful.

I enjoy ebikes, but I’d rather be on a pedal bike, if conditions permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    No shit. Are they legal there?

Some guys from there, turned me on to clunkers in 78 and I will be forever grateful.

I enjoy ebikes, but I’d rather be on a pedal bike, if conditions permit.
    EBikes are supposedly NOT legal in the water district but people don’t care. If they can afford a Turbo Levo they can pay a $350 ticket. I like turning pedals myself, but to each their own

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Its pretty pimped but there are a ton of new bikes that i would chose before that. Maybe im mistaken but i think its just their current bike with a triple clamp fork added. 155 rear travel with a 180 fork. Coil and ohlins is super nice. In that segment id want atleast 160-180 rear travel. An emtb with that much rear travel and a 180 fork is still super versatile. My decoy has 165 coil rear with a 180 fork and its still a super fun trail bike that can handle any dh trail at the same time. Lots to chose from next year just have to commit to them now as most well sell out before they arrive in the spring. Id lean toward shop support and bosch equipped bikes. Cube, ,scott, orbea, niner are worth a look. The 180 mullet 9er bike looks to be the bidnrss with nice geo and specc. The new 180 scott too, especially if youd ride atleast a large or have a long inseam as thr chsinstay is a tad long. Im a short chsinstay guy but i still want atleast a 440 chainstay and wouldnt think twice at a 450 cs inspite of my short inseam. You climb a bit steeper trails on an emtb so the linger cs helps keep the front end down. To compensate for the cs length they generally have shorter reach to keep them playful or maneuverable when its tight or slower.
    Im ep8(new shimano motor)curious though and lots of super nice bikes coming out with that like kona, norco range, santa cruz bullit. Lbs bikes and a bit pricey. New marin is an lbs bike and its a really good price(bit shorter on travel but geo makrs up for it/rad bike) Commencal and yt will have the ep8 and are very nice, good price but maybe online could present a service/warrantee problem?
    A low mileage used 2020 kenevo would come with a transferrable 4 year warrantee on the updated brose motor. Good motor that had some issues but have recieved the updates to address all of them and a 4 yr warrantee to show their confinence in the updates.

Lots of good info there, and about half of it applicable or that I understood.

If I were to buy this bike, it wouldn't really be a true DH bike for me. I had one before I moved from Montana. And while it was, it wasn't totally my jam. I found I liked enduro and other trail riding. And since I'm primarily a motorcyclist now, this tugs at those heartstrings.

About 40 minutes from my house, there's a really great network of trails that lend themselves to self-shuttling, which I found after diving into the rabbit hole of this bike. Maybe that's just the marketing lingo lining up with my confirmation bias? Or maybe it suits my intended use case; short windows to get in some training rides as a way to train for motorcycle racing and skiing?

It's going to be a hard sell to convince me to go ride my pedal bikes instead of my motorcycles on a nice day. But... on a marginal weather afternoon or after work ride? I'd totally take the e-bike out for a quick rip where the pedal-assist gives me two or three laps where a regular bike would only give me one.

As for dealer support; Portland is odd. Plenty of bike shops, but few that are proper mountain bike shops. I never quite figured it out after moving back here five years ago. Nearly everyone I spoke with recommended one or more shops in Hood River, about an hour away. However, because the Tazer MX Pro is sold out of motorcycle shops (Parts Unlimited distribution network) - of which there are several around here - support should be good. And since I wrench on most of my bikes, fiddling with a pedal bike should be an easy proposition versus the motorcycles.

I think there's a TWSS joke in there somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Lots of good info there, and about half of it applicable or that I understood.

If I were to buy this bike, it wouldn't really be a true DH bike for me. I had one before I moved from Montana. And while it was, it wasn't totally my jam. I found I liked enduro and other trail riding. And since I'm primarily a motorcyclist now, this tugs at those heartstrings.

About 40 minutes from my house, there's a really great network of trails that lend themselves to self-shuttling, which I found after diving into the rabbit hole of this bike. Maybe that's just the marketing lingo lining up with my confirmation bias? Or maybe it suits my intended use case; short windows to get in some training rides as a way to train for motorcycle racing and skiing?

It's going to be a hard sell to convince me to go ride my pedal bikes instead of my motorcycles on a nice day. But... on a marginal weather afternoon or after work ride? I'd totally take the e-bike out for a quick rip where the pedal-assist gives me two or three laps where a regular bike would only give me one.

As for dealer support; Portland is odd. Plenty of bike shops, but few that are proper mountain bike shops. I never quite figured it out after moving back here five years ago. Nearly everyone I spoke with recommended one or more shops in Hood River, about an hour away. However, because the Tazer MX Pro is sold out of motorcycle shops (Parts Unlimited distribution network) - of which there are several around here - support should be good. And since I wrench on most of my bikes, fiddling with a pedal bike should be an easy proposition versus the motorcycles.

I think there's a TWSS joke in there somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it...
    The long and the short of what i was getting at is a trail/enduro bike is generally considered qround a 150rear 160 fork kind of bike. If youre looking to get an emtb id suggest adding a little travel to 160 or 170 because its still a fun trail bike with that travel and the assist. Gives you a wider range of trails you can feel totally comfortable on.
    Atleast thats what ive found. Also for your stated use id probably skip the triple clamp/dh fork that intense emtb has. I find the rock shox lyric or yari works well, reasonably priced and dirt cheap to alter the travel from 160/170/180 if you want to change it later. My yari is inexpensive and a pretty good little fork

EBikes are supposedly NOT legal in the water district but people don’t care. If they can afford a Turbo Levo they can pay a $350 ticket. I like turning pedals myself, but to each their own
    The BA is over run with too many over paid pricks with really nice toys that give two shits about following any rules or laws.