Page 131 of 197 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 4901
    Anyone have feedback on the Giant Reign? I found one locally with a fairly approachable price. Besides the weight...I'm looking for feedback.

I work with a shop owner that rides one, gets a new one with each new release. He loves them.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Anyone have feedback on the Giant Reign? I found one locally with a fairly approachable price. Besides the weight...I'm looking for feedback.
    They are really long in the back end if I remember when I was talking to giant rep.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Yes good reviews from the tall guys or probably long inseam. A good option. Motor is a workhorse and giant usually has stock on anything you'd need. There are people rebuilding them too. Motor is a bit heavy and occasionally the internal gear will fail. If the bike fit well and it was a great deal with little use it'd be a great option, especially if the price left room to add a 9er 180 fork or even make the 27.5 fork 180. Im not sure if motor warrantee carries over to the 2nd owner like giant frames. Some motors do

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yes good reviews from the tall guys or probably long inseam. A good option. Motor is a workhorse and giant usually has stock on anything you'd need. There are people rebuilding them too. Motor is a bit heavy and occasionally the internal gear will fail. If the bike fit well and it was a great deal with little use it'd be a great option, especially if the price left room to add a 9er 180 fork or even make the 27.5 fork 180. Im not sure if motor warrantee carries over to the 2nd owner like giant frames. Some motors do

Thanks everyone. Oddly the two deals I tried to lock down on a Reign and/or Trance both evaporated yesterday. A few of my buddies told me wait until December when all the new bikes get announced. A lot of people here also seem to love the Commencal. The search continues.

I was gonna say - your main bike is a RipMo AF right? The Reign-e geo has a way long chainstay compared to your RipMo. I’m guessing some of that extra length is to balance the extra weight at the BB and power coming off the chain, but 470mm of the Reign e+ vs 435 is a huge difference.

Seems like if you are gonna add the weight and bulk of an eMTB over your AF might as well go big (travel wise), like YT Decoy Shred or Commencal Metapower SX / 29 Ohlins

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Cube stereo hybrid 160. Best deal. Not sure what the price is on that niner 180 bike but geo is spot on. Lots of standover and bosch gen 4. No problem bringing some extra travel anywhere with a bosch cx

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    That’s a great example, of winter riding. I love my fat bike, on the groomed trails, in the valleys or on golf course. But if it’s steep or deep and I’m climbing, I’m taking the ebike.
    I’ll HAB, but I’m not carrying mine far.
    Why not have both? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605488276.467240.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	348113

^^ Well that looks like fun. I didn't realize that Luna had made the jump from questionable to the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I was gonna say - your main bike is a RipMo AF right? The Reign-e geo has a way long chainstay compared to your RipMo. I’m guessing some of that extra length is to balance the extra weight at the BB and power coming off the chain, but 470mm of the Reign e+ vs 435 is a huge difference.

Seems like if you are gonna add the weight and bulk of an eMTB over your AF might as well go big (travel wise), like YT Decoy Shred or Commencal Metapower SX / 29 Ohlins
    That's spot on. I'm keeping the AF, so trying to find a similar spec'd geometry bike is not necessary. Reign is 27.5, so it would ride differently than the 29er regardless. YT's look interesting.

^looks like a session

Interesting!

Remember when the Nickel Heckler and Bullit were the single pivot bikes?

Now that SC almost doesn’t wanna bother with simple entry price point FS bikes, it’s just funny to see those names coming back for the eBike version.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Nickel come back as a Tallboy-like battery bike.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^^ Well that looks like fun. I didn't realize that Luna had made the jump from questionable to the real deal.
    I dunno if they did, that one is a floor model demo I got cheap. I'm planning on using it as poor man's (i.e. non snowmobile) access to some nearby objectives in the Uintas and Stansburys this season.

Will try it out locally up the Guardsman road this winter see how it works.

Bullit's pretty nice. I could buy 2 decoy comps for the price of that gouch model bullit though. Pass

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Bullit's pretty nice. I could buy 2 decoy comps for the price of that gouch model bullit though. Pass

Yeah, not apples to apples, still the cost difference is significant.

I just want someone to make a trail style fat ebike. Not the tanks that are currently available. Shit, nobody even makes a decent regular trail fat bike. Well, Rocky mtn's bike has decent geo. But truly, that is where an ebike would fit into my quiver. Riding snow the extra boost would help tremendously.

^^ I've been bouncing emails with the product designer at the e-bike company I rep and he's working on pretty much the bike you're looking for. If it happens it wouldn't be for at least a year but it is in the works.

That’s kind of what I need too. I’m currently on the Rocky Mountain Growler. It can take 3” tires. But the drivetrains not as nice as the newest generation from Bosch or Shimano. It does have a nice add on auxiliary battery available.

^didn't know they were making bat power bikes. So yeah, throw that into their Blizzard and I'd buy it today.

Norco has pretty decent fat e bike options.
    I am really happy with my decision to put a Bluto fork on my fat e. It's so much fun I am have been getting pinch flats so I converted to tubeless. Saved a couple pounds removing the tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    ^didn't know they were making bat power bikes. So yeah, throw that into their Blizzard and I'd buy it today.
    Rocky Mountain’s sales pitch for the Powerplay motor is that it can be slung on any of their frames and not change the GEO.
    Send them a note telling them you want a Efatty.
    Group buy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0434.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	349075

I rode over the Divide for some Old Snowmass gravel grinding. It was a little muddier than I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Norco has pretty decent fat e bike options.
    I am really happy with my decision to put a Bluto fork on my fat e. It's so much fun I am have been getting pinch flats so I converted to tubeless. Saved a couple pounds removing the tubes.

Are you getting pinch flats in winter?

Did your norco come with tubeless ready wheels?

My 2020 was originally spec'd with mulefits but they changed it and I'm stuck with no name wheels.

I tried to set up tubeless but no luck.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Are you getting pinch flats in winter?

Did your norco come with tubeless ready wheels?

My 2020 was originally spec'd with mulefits but they changed it and I'm stuck with no name wheels.

I tried to set up tubeless but no luck.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    This will work. Still the best tubeless method
    https://youtu.be/0R8uyY0Yytg

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Interesting!

Remember when the Nickel Heckler and Bullit were the single pivot bikes?

Now that SC almost doesn’t wanna bother with simple entry price point FS bikes, it’s just funny to see those names coming back for the eBike version.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Nickel come back as a Tallboy-like battery bike.
    It's time to bring back the Super 8! How/why, I have no idea. But it's definitely time.