Page 114 of 197 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4901
    Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    One thing not mentioned above is that 250W is the NOMINAL power. Yamaha, Brose, Bosch all put out close to 600W at peak power. They are powerful.
    ... and they're geared to produce amazing torque.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Idyllwild View Post
    I want a bike for long spring ski approaches on uphill logging roads and trails when spring/summer gates are still closed. Also for really long climbing approaches into the summer and fall. Distance is between 5-10 miles one way. On the cheaper side- recommendations?
    Krafty bikes have a couple new models coming out soon that are not shown on the web site that would be suitable. Krafty are decent quality, not amazing, not crap, at the price of crap bikes.

For long climbing approaches you'll definitely want a mid drive. When you're looking at web sites claimed ranges, 5-10 miles one way uphill with gear can translate to about 40 miles of flat, the downhill is free mileage.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Well you're going to be a great source of info. Welcome to the thread

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Well you're going to be a great source of info. Welcome to the thread
    Update on your e8000? You got it sorted?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Good starting point on the advice, thanks! I’ll get to reading more thread...

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Update on your e8000? You got it sorted
    It hasn't been a problem and there isn't a bike shop around with less than a 3-4 week turnaround time so I ignored it and rode it till it quieted down on it's own. I'm also on the disabled list for a few more days at least so it gets some more time to relax and heal. Bikes are people too

It hasn't been a problem and there isn't a bike shop around with less than a 3-4 week turnaround time so I ignored it and rode it till it quieted down on it's own. I'm also on the disabled list for a few more days at least so it gets some more time to relax and heal. Bikes are people too
    Good to know.I like those fixes. Some get louder, some qiieter then louder. As long as they keep working is the main thing. Hope youre on the mend. Lots of summer yet

Got the chance to fondle the Kona remote ctrl at buddies shop. Sure looks sweet, dunno if I can swing it but hope to test ride it soon.
    watch out for snakes

After being down for the count for 5 weeks things felt better this week and I got out twice. After a crazy fast ride (for me) yesterday I came to the conclusion that I have to stay on a hardtail e-mtb or I'm going to end up being one of those e-bike dudes that everyone hates. I think the bike liked its little vacation, it was running so well...

That’s good to know. I got my wife a Trek Rail 5.
    Nice bike, but I was disappointed by the lack of torque on the Bosch. Not nearly as much as my E8000.

Posted this in other thread but this one is better.
    http://www.holycross.com/rebates/e-bike/

Our local electric company offers a lot of rebates for energy efficient changes. I can apparently get a $200 rebate on my recent ebike purchase.
    Eagle and Roaring Fork peeps may be eligible. Maybe similar programs in other areas.

Ii applied, but haven’t seen the check yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Ii applied, but haven’t seen the check yet.
    How long ago did you apply?

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Impressive from an enginerd tinkerer perspective, but 68 mph on that bike is the definition of insane.

It's time for some new brakes, mine are shot and not worth the effort to make better again and the NX shifter clamp only works with the shit low end Guides so it's getting changed too. Box 1 or 2 here we go. Unfortunately that means pulling the motor and battery. What a pain the freeking ballz. I think I'm going to try to reuse the hydro hose and housings so I don't have to take them out and save 3-4 hours of labor and the inevitable me fucking something up when doing it that disables the bike (at least temporarily). Fuck this internal routing BS.

I went down so hard on Friday night and the poor bike took a really hard shot to the downtube on a piece of granite. If it was carbon I would have been walking out but instead all I need to do is find a dark red sharpie or maybe some glittery nail polish. I like metal bikes.

Road bike to work Friday. 12miles mostly uphill with a headwind 40 minutes. Home, stronger afternoon headwind but downhill 32 minutes. Got it to 36mph on one short stretch, which isn’t a ton faster than I can do on a regular bike, but regular bike doesn’t weigh 50#.
    Cuts commute time by 1/3, so going to try to do it a little more when I don’t need car that day.

Greyp. Do we like what they're up to?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    How long ago did you apply?
    6/8, but they sent it to my physical and I have a PO Box. Finally contacted them and they sent another, that I got.
    Bought another and they said two weeks.

Asking again, what does the collective think of what Greyp is up to? Always connected, in house developed app controlled, OTA updates, battery packs made in house, silent motors made by an electric motor company not a bike industry player, software written by and for the bikes not by the motor company like all of the others, frames made by an aerospace company not a bike company and all of the bikes are assembled by hand at the rate of about 8 per day should add up to a quality piece. That and they're owned by Rimac Automobili and are looking for a completely different customer base than a typical bike company all add up to this is a pretty cool concept and I think I want one.

Asking again, what does the collective think of what Greyp is up to? Always connected, in house developed app controlled, OTA updates, battery packs made in house, silent motors made by an electric motor company not a bike industry player, software written by and for the bikes not by the motor company like all of the others, frames made by an aerospace company not a bike company and all of the bikes are assembled by hand at the rate of about 8 per day should add up to a quality piece. That and they're owned by Rimac Automobili and are looking for a completely different customer base than a typical bike company all add up to this is a pretty cool concept and I think I want one.
    Its very cool what theyre doing. Id imagine theyll all have that tech eventually.
    Id be weary of support though. Thats a lot of different companies making the different components. If greyp looks after it all after the point of sale and has a good support network that may work. Batteries and motors are nice to get from the same company. Sucks chasing down electrical gremlins. Motor company blqmes the battery co and vice versa
    Not sure about the actual bike design though. Geo doesnt look like a bike i want to ride and thats #1

From talking to them the support sounds like it will be pretty solid, at least as good as most car companies support their products because they are owned by Rimac Automobili (the hypercar maker) in Croatia. As of now they have all of the parts to completely rebuild every aspect of at least a dozen of the bikes in stock here in the US and they're moving into a new facility in Plano next week that will more than quadruple their space from the small place they're in now in SoCal. It also sounds like for every shipment of bikes they bring in they will also be bringing in enough to rebuild and service more so eventually the repair/service parts inventory ought to be pretty solid.

They have the motors made for them, it's not an off the shelf thing that they buy, and they write all of the firmware together with the motor manufacturer. The motors have all alloy gears, nothing plastic unlike most of the others. They make their own battery packs and write all of the operating software and have in house app developers that will keep things updated. Like Tesla their thing will be OTA updates so it should always be as good as it can be. They only (hand) build up to 5 units a day and from one of the videos I saw it looks like they have their act together with QC because the parent company understands what it means to produce half million dollar vehicles for a discerning audience. If they detect a problem they can trace it down easily and have a solution quickly because the bikes talk to the mothership regularly. The bikes can't be hacked due to multiple levels of security and when an OTA is pushed out it would override anything that someone messed with and return it to spec so a class 1 bike will stay that way.

I dunno 67/73 and 150mm front and rear is probably sufficient for most folks that can afford stuff like this. Their advertising, at least at the beginning, is only going to be in the money zone not the bike zone so their target isn't really hardcore riders but I'll find out more soon though as I signed on to rep the brand in the Northeast yesterday and my demo bike should be here before the end of the month (I hope)

Itll be interesting to follow. Sounds like they have the drive units and software dialed. Theyre definitely tech focused

"Simon broke his back when his powerful new $21,500 Swind EB-01 electric bike 'flew up in the air and did an accidental wheelie' after he tired to change gears."
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...king-back.html