Page 102 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4901
    Ebike does knot care what doodr thinks.
    watch out for snakes

Lots of experienced mtbers have been wrong about eebs. Just another "get off my lawn". NEXT!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Replaced the chain on my fat-e-bike the other night with a KMC Ebike chain and tried to take it out across the frozen lake. Unfortunately 6"+ of punchy wind crust proved to be too much for it. Otherwise I was cruising all around the neighborhood pretty easily.

Using the throttle still causes the chain and/or gears to "POP!". Any ideas as to how to fix this? Doesn't happen very much if I just use PAS 1-5, but the torque when I touch the throttle seems to just be a little too much for the gears or something.

^^Box is releasing a new wide range 9 speed e-bike specific drivetrain next month or early March. 11-50 cassette, e-bike toughened chain, single speed up/down shifter and hardened cogs on the cassette. It won't be the lightest around but it's been in testing for a while now and seems to be holding up the way it needs to. I think the whole group will be $270 retail for shifter, chain, derailleur and cassette. I'll have one on my bike as soon as it's available and let y'all know if it's worth it. FWIW sometime later this year there will also be a rear hub that we're going to like. It's silent and uses one way roller bearings, pretty cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Oh, i didnt really notice. I assumed it was you and i was looking at the rocky terrain. Youngn's got the focus on! Great you can get out w the fam[/URL]
    Dude she's 21 now and kills it. She's my bestest riding buddy and just as dumb as I am. She'll follow me into just about anything often at her own peril. Her nickname in the local riding community is crash.

Good to see e-bikers having a sense of humor. Much better than being snowflakes.

I have an electric scooter. It's cool. I think to buy an electric bike, what model do you recommend?

The red one

Put a 30tooth chainring on the Bafang and wow it's a whole new animal compared with the stock 46. Torque is through the roof, so much I broke a new SRAM 10spd chain and folded the 21t cog when running on level 4pas. Spent the rest of the ride on level 2, face was sore from smiling.

Ebike specific drivetrain is needed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I hope you got a steel one.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

You beat me to it Tahoe! Heres a review and detailed look:

https://ebike-mtb.com/en/specialized...ign=newsletter

All for $13,000 out the door

2 added to cart. Coulpe g's will make it 35lbs

Nice to see weights drop, but not worth the power/range drop for me. I ride up, I roll down, I repeat. Undergunned bike can't repeat.
    However many are in a shit ton.

A Fox 34?!?

Ya know, because it’s a “lighter” bike.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Speckelized,

hard pass.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmurfer View Post
    All for $13,000 out the door
    $16,500 for the highest end model.

Range and loss of power besides being stupid expensive makes it a no go for me.

But this is the bike some have been looking for. Pedals and weighs close to a regular bike, toss in extra water bottle battery’s in your pack for extended range

I don't think I'd throw that kind of money at a bike but the idea of a mostly painless 30 mile epic is appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    $16,500 for the highest end model.

Range and loss of power besides being stupid expensive makes it a no go for me.

But this is the bike some have been looking for. Pedals and weighs close to a regular bike, toss in extra water bottle battery’s in your pack for extended range
    It's gotten me somewhat interested in an ebike for the first time. I have a job interview coming up that - if I got it - I could basically commute 11 miles on a mountain bike, with 8 of them being mostly easy singletrack but with close to 1000 feet climbing. So, 22 miles and 2000 ft of climbing round trip. Could I do that on a regular mountain bike? Sure. But with the climb it would be pushing how long I'd be willing to spend commuting in a day. With a minor assist like the new Specialized provides, I could power up that climb much faster and so make mountain bike commuting a lot more logistically feasible. This bike actually looks like it would be fine to ride with no/very low assist if I was using it as an extra bike to ride with someone else.

The downside is that it's pretty much the same category as my current regular mountain bike, so I doubt I'd generally use it much for recreational riding. I was wondering if something like the Kenovo might be still feasible to commute on given it's motor as well as providing a much bigger bike for shuttle terrain.

/\ /\ /\ /\
    Yes, you could do that commute on the light Levo. But honestly I think you'd need to charge it during the day to make sure you get home without stress.
    A regular Levo Turbo with the 5000W battery would be more funner on that ride. I assure you the extra weight would not be an issue. And the extra power on climbs, into the wind, on soft dirt, etc will be welcome.
    The new Kenevo is definitely going to be dope. Improved battery, motor, geo, etc. But it won't be as comfortable pedaling long miles as the Levo. And the Levo fucking shreds.
    If I was still living near Idaho Springs, I'd buy a Kenevo and put a 200mm fork on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    /\ /\ /\ /\
    Yes, you could do that commute on the light Levo. But honestly I think you'd need to charge it during the day to make sure you get home without stress.
    A regular Levo Turbo with the 5000W battery would be more funner on that ride. I assure you the extra weight would not be an issue. And the extra power on climbs, into the wind, on soft dirt, etc will be welcome.
    The new Kenevo is definitely going to be dope. Improved battery, motor, geo, etc. But it won't be as comfortable pedaling long miles as the Levo. And the Levo fucking shreds.
    If I was still living near Idaho Springs, I'd buy a Kenevo and put a 200mm fork on it.
    I think I'm still just slightly hesitant about the idea of an e-bike. In theory I have no problem with them, but somehow I still can't quite get my head around riding one rather than a standard bike for recreation. The SL would make me pedal harder, which I think somehow makes it easier to comprehend in my mind. And I could just charge the little booster battery at the office if I wanted.

BUT if I were to get that job, I'd basically be looking out my window at Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City, so that's where the temptation for the Kenovo comes in. Now you might ask why I don't just live at the base of Bootleg Canyon which is connected to this potential workplace via bike path and so could be easily commuted on a road/gravel bike? Great question and one you would have to ask my wife. :-)

I am still holding out to my premise that they need to be:
    Around 36 pounds (with real range)
    Around $5000 wholesale
    Or I turn 60
    Before I buy.
    Whichever two come first.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ive seen people move to the kenevo for an allrounder. Steep seat angle keeps it comfy for distances and you have lots of assist so why not have some travel. See the brits putting slick tires(wheelsets)on them to be their work commuter.
    Also see very few people ,thatve had their eeb for a while, complain about the weight. Sometimes i wish mine was lighter but most of the time i wouldnt want it lighter. Thing is planted in the turns or the loose babyheads and still playful on the jumps. I dont worry about fast rolling tires. With assist i just put good traction and braking treads. Maybe for a commute with some trails the faster rolling would be better though. Battery charge lasts longer the faster the tire

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I think I'm still just slightly hesitant about the idea of an e-bike. In theory I have no problem with them, but somehow I still can't quite get my head around riding one rather than a standard bike for recreation. The SL would make me pedal harder, which I think somehow makes it easier to comprehend in my mind. And I could just charge the little booster battery at the office if I wanted.

BUT if I were to get that job, I'd basically be looking out my window at Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City, so that's where the temptation for the Kenovo comes in. Now you might ask why I don't just live at the base of Bootleg Canyon which is connected to this potential workplace via bike path and so could be easily commuted on a road/gravel bike? Great question and one you would have to ask my wife. :-)
    Yup, all valid perspective.
    Find an excuse to go the Specialized Demo Center in CO. Like with any new bike, getting on one of these will give you a much better feel for the situation. They’re super nice and helpful there. Pretty much changed my stance on Special ED.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums