LaPierre Bikes -- Any Thoughts

Looking for a capable trail bike and I can get what I think is a pretty screaming deal on the LaPierre Zesty XM 327 for $1275.

https://shop.lapierrebikes.com/zesty-xm-327-2017

The platform seems to be generally well reviewed online. There seemed to be some durability issues but that seemed to be limited to their carbon frames and from a previous design before they got updated in 2016.

What gives me pause is that LaPierre does not seem to have any US based bike shops. They are owned by Accell that also produces distributes Diamondback and Raleigh so presumably they would be responsive to warranty claims but who knows.

Has anyone here owned a LaPierre that can share their experiences?

I'm not seeing anything other bikes that are in this price range for a similar offering.

Cheers!

Ha! Curious about that one, too. Saw the same deal but can't find any real world reviews of that bike anywhere (maybe one unboxing video from Russia on YT... I think).

Nashbar lists them on their site but again... no reviews. Apparently it wasn't a hot seller.

My brother has an older Lapierre bike. He seems to like it but he doesnt really ride anymore.

A guy I ride with has a Zesty and rides it hard. He’s a strong rider and it seems to work well for him.

He’s from the UK and bought it there before he moved here. They’re more popular across the pond.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

worth it for the parts, but good luck finding warranty or even buying frame/pivot parts.

Mini Chup has, or had, a Lapierre from a couple years back. I don't remember which one, other than it was yellow, and he jumps off a lot of stuff, so it was probably a burlier one. It had some sort of electronic control of the rear shock, which failed pretty soon.

That's all I got.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Isn’t it just a catalogue bike like Diamondback, Bikes Direct or KHS?

Where are you seeing a price that low?

Got a pretty prompt response from someone at accell who indicated they would stand by the warranty. Time will tell.

Pulled the trigger on it this morning.

Its an expert voice/experticity pro deal.

Congrats on the purchase!

I've been riding a 2016 Zesty 527AM since early spring. It's been a great so far. A lot of bike for The price. Climbs well and really stable and predictable on the steeps. The XM is the shorter travel version, and it looks like it has Fox vs. Rockshox stuff that came on mine. I swapped the Schwables out after 2 weeks as well. Went back to the Conti trail kings I ran on my Nomad and Cannondale.

Just make sure your check your pivot bolts frequently. I've had to retorque them numerous time after riding rocky, rooty stuff. Almost had one fall out my 1st ride.

The SRAM components have taken some getting used to after running all XT brakes and drivetrain on previous bikes.

Glad to hear your heard from accell. I don't foresee any issues, but nice for peace of mind.

Appreciate the beta.

I haven’t been on a bike in 10 years so it should blow my mind even with some modest components.

Got the Zesty and encountered some problems.

Routing the dropper post cable is a nightmare. I can’t get it past the bottom bracket.

The brakes barely engage with a lot of play in the levers. I suspect they need to be bled after sitting idle for 2+ years.

Still a good deal for a nice bike.

I paid a shop $30 to route my dropper on the zesty. Seems to work great.

Admittedly I have no point of comparison (first bike in 10+ years) but i had the bike out for the first time today and brakes seemed fine.