Line Pescado Mount Point

My Pescados and pivot 14s are just sitting in my garage waiting to hook up. For those of you that have them what is your recommended mount point. I think the line is 10cm back from center which is quite a bit rearward. I have been on Bibby Pro's for the last 5-6 years so I am used to something more centered so is there any advantage to moving the mount 1-2cm closer to center?

Word around here is that you should mount them on the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Who would have thought.

you want to mount a directional ski in its center? its not like you're gonna be charging through a rail park backwards on them.

such an early rise and the weird tails give the impression that it was super far back, but once the bindings were on it looked ok.
    i mounted mine on the line and they ski like a normal ski. the fish tails actually do what they claimed they were for (plus some fun stuff I cant normally do, a little like snowboarder slash turns almost).
    the tip is pretty soft, if you mounted forward you might put more weight there but itll just flex away instead of putting weight on the tails that were designed for it.

(full disclosure/my opinion is biased. i dont like skiing center mounted twin tip pow skis. i have a pair and dont enjoy them in pow as much as normal mounts.)

Seems like an interesting ski, along with the narrower one they are about to release.

I haven’t seen any advice outside suggested mount point in my readings.

I actually wouldn’t go forward. I have a set mounted at the line.

The way they are designed to ski in powder is for the tails to sink and you weight the front of your boot much more than the average ski. So going forward will just make this less effective.

They are plenty turny mounted at -10 and you won’t be skiing them switch. The ski is meant to have a massive shovel. Leave it that way.

I skied them on the factory recommended line and thought they were great. What makes you think Line / Pollard got it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I skied them on the factory recommended line and thought they were great. What makes you think Line / Pollard got it wrong?
    all of my other pairs of line skis came with two marks. one factory normal and one 2-3cm more centered called something like "eric recommended".
    i guess that its been there so consistently that pman noticed that its missing now.

ive always ignored erics line, but when i had to remount a pair of opus i chose to go there. it ruined the ski, theyre not as playful and fun in pow at all anymore. its only there cause he likes to ski backwards in pow so much.

Thanks for all the advice. I will stick with the line. I was just originally worried that there just wouldn't be enough tail for me but it sounds like that is not a problem. Can't wait to get them on the snow.