Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    I have a 14 din WTR era set with a toe piece that is missing the part to actuate the alpine to WTR mode. Looking to sell or to buy a WTR toe to matchAttachment 416800

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I think I have what you need, it may be a day or two until I can check though.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I think I have what you need, it may be a day or two until I can check though.
    Sounds good, shoot me a message when you can

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

ISO: 15s or 18s with 115 brakes...lemme know what you've got

ISO: 15s or 18s in raw with 95 brakes.

PSA for the homies:

Finding the taller (20mm total length of screw) low head / pan head screws for the pivot heels is nigh impossible. If you are missing them and desperate, you can order the CAST screw hardware kit for $16--it includes 4 of those screws. The CAST kit uses those to secure the heel riser / brake retention piece, but they are identical to the longer pivot heel screws.

If someone has a better source, I'd love to hear about it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    PSA for the homies:

Finding the taller (20mm total length of screw) low head / pan head screws for the pivot heels is nigh impossible. If you are missing them and desperate, you can order the CAST screw hardware kit for $16--it includes 4 of those screws. The CAST kit uses those to secure the heel riser / brake retention piece, but they are identical to the longer pivot heel screws.

If someone has a better source, I'd love to hear about it.

I think BF has them? https://www.bindingfreedom.com/pozi-...vidual-screws/

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    They have the M5 threaded screws for inserts, but not the 12AB alpine screws, afaik.

They have the M5 threaded screws for inserts, but not the 12AB alpine screws, afaik.

You're totally right. I looked quickly on my phone when I would rather look on a computer and missed that detail. It does look like they have alpine panheads in 28mm though, so getting those and filing them down is a possibility? That one is also measured from the bottom of the head to the tip.

Just take a panhead screw from any race plate or Solly 912/914 tab adjust heel and grind it down the length. Any shop should have a pile of them

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    You're totally right. I looked quickly on my phone when I would rather look on a computer and missed that detail. It does look like they have alpine panheads in 28mm though, so getting those and filing them down is a possibility? That one is also measured from the bottom of the head to the tip.

Yeah that would have been too easy I guess! The 28mm panhead is a little too long, and because it's only partially threaded there are only a few thread remaning when it's ground down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahar View Post
    Just take a panhead screw from any race plate or Solly 912/914 tab adjust heel and grind it down the length. Any shop should have a pile of them
    Thanks, I will try that. I should probably call/email CAST and ask them where they get their screws. Funny that it's so hard to source a new, fully threaded pan head screw longer than 17mm.

Got a buddy whos looking for some P18/15 WTR/GW AFDs, anyone holding?
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

ISO: 115mm Pivot brakes. Let me know thanks

Anyone have any half moons sitting around? Cracked one on my CASTified FKS on my last weekend of the season last year and made due for one final tour but I'd rather fix em than keep skiing on a half busted binding.

https://www.slopestyle-ski.com/acces...-moon-pid-9133

$12.99 at slopestyle. Replaced one of mine last year

FS: FKS/Pivot Bindings: Used complete sets, and parts, mix-and-match

Deleted
    Found answer

Anyone have some 95mm pivot brakes they’re willing to part ways with?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by whereiscarlos View Post
    Anyone have some 95mm pivot brakes they’re willing to part ways with?

I have FKS 120s with 95mm brakes available. PM me if interested.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1662510376.261322.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	425703

I am also I'm search of 95mm brakes, have newish 130s or good condition 75s to trade.

I also have a few turntables sans brakes, screws, and halfmoons kicking around, free.

Need one or a few AFD’s for race toes (old style/pre relaunch) or instructions on how to modify the new ones to fit the old toes

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I am also I'm search of 95mm brakes, have newish 130s or good condition 75s to trade.

I also have a few turntables sans brakes, screws, and halfmoons kicking around, free.

Would be interested in a straight trade,my 95s for your 130s. Norway,though.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

Yeah that would have been too easy I guess! The 28mm panhead is a little too long, and because it's only partially threaded there are only a few thread remaning when it's ground down.
    Thanks, I will try that. I should probably call/email CAST and ask them where they get their screws. Funny that it's so hard to source a new, fully threaded pan head screw longer than 17mm.

Another PSA for the homies: The 28mm pan-head screws (partially threaded, black in color) that could be found at skimo.co and look similar to 28mm pan-head screws offered elsewhere ARE NOT ALPINE 12AB THREADED. They have a different pitch and deeper threads. No doubt they will work fine in new holes, but you should not try to use those screws in existing holes--you will ruin the threads and risk a binding pullout.

Fortunately I caught this before I ruined any threads.

EDIT to say that the difference in pitch is significant, not slight/compatible like the differences between a M5.5/12AB/#12 screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Need one or a few AFD’s for race toes (old style/pre relaunch) or instructions on how to modify the new ones to fit the old toes

Did you shave off the nubbins in the middle? That's critical.

I have some rossignol WC race (fks 155) mounted, one has an original alpine afd, the other has a brand new alpine afd. I did shave the nubbins and tabs on the new afd.

The distance between the afd surface and the underside of the toe wing are the same on both.

The distance between the topsheet and the underside of the toe wing are not the same--so the ramp angle is slightly different between the two.

This is the way.

thanks, I now remember you posting that. I think the issue with me was using one new style unshaved and one old style, I believe the only way forward is using two of the same AFD's, old/old or new/new. That was a nightmare on my moments when i tried the new without shaved nubs.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    thanks, I now remember you posting that. I think the issue with me was using one new style unshaved and one old style, I believe the only way forward is using two of the same AFD's, old/old or new/new. That was a nightmare on my moments when i tried the new without shaved nubs.
    Yeah, the old and new have a slightly different stack heights.

Anyone have 115 brakes available? I have 95s to trade as well.
    Last edited by KM14; 09-20-2022 at 06:33 PM.