Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Is there a fail safe way to bend the brakes out on pivots?
    I mounted up some older race heels, thanks again singlecross, on some new skinnies i finallh secured. 90 waist is the skinniest ive had in quite a while. Feels like being on rails even thpugh theyre not that skinny and are semi twin tipped. Fun though afger some adjusting and east coast "ice"
    I bent one brake out a bit and it drops around the ski but could still be bent a touch more. One arm popped out of the brake stomp pad when i bent it begore i mounted them. After a good struggle i got the brake arm back into the socket jnder the stomp pad and pounded some of the metal base plate back into shape aftef i bent that. I have them mounted now do the base plate shouldnt bend if i reef on the brakes. I dont want to screw anything up now though. Im thinking of clamping a piece of metal to the underside of the brake stomp pad to keep the end of thd brake arm in there when i reef on them.
    Anyone tried this or have any tips?

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

mount first then bend. https://youtu.be/Rk6yIKnLqKc

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Thanks. Much appreciated

If you have a legit bench vise use that to get the straight to start. Much easier to straighten them when they are off the ski. I typically pull the brake off the assembly to do that. Takes some time but less frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Is there a fail safe way to bend the brakes out on pivots?
    have any tips?
    Pulling the base plate apart is daunting at first but after you've done it a few times it's dead simple. Anyway, rather than bending straight then bending where you want I suggest this technique linked below. It actually works surprisingly well and seems to produce a better result than trying to actually bend a 75 brake for a 90 waist (my results have always ended up with a 75 now bent to more than what a stock 95 is) but you're still going to need to pull the brake arms out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQJ_0xY1aCY

I've used the tried and true method of vice then bend straight with pipe (handlebar) then rebend using pipe. I find the above linked method works better.

I'm too much of a pussy to bend them around the sidewall when mounted on the ski. I have no confidence in that base plate staying together under that force.

Also, this is the original vid of how to dissemble and bend Pivot brakes and has probably been posted on TGRz a few times:

And FYI, the old black 75mm brakes are easier to bend than the new silver ones but the old black ones will not allow a do over: they will, more likely than not, snap if you screw up and have to try rebending. this has been my experience. The silver ones seem to resist bending more and I find are a complete PITA to bend but they will allow you to rebend. Kinda. I would just get the right width if dealing with the silver arms. I'd like to hear others' experience bending anything other than the old black ones if they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Maybe the salomon arms use softer metal, but I would never do that with Pivots, puts lots of strain on things.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    Pulling the base plate apart is daunting at first but after you've done it a few times it's dead simple.

the old black ones will not allow a do over: they will, more likely than not, snap if you screw up and have to try rebending
    I agree that best method is pulling base apart and putting the brake in a vice.
    I’ve also snapped lots of black brakes on the initial bend…very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    Pulling the base plate apart is daunting at first but after you've done it a few times it's dead simple. Anyway, rather than bending straight then bending where you want I suggest this technique linked below. It actually works surprisingly well and seems to produce a better result than trying to actually bend a 75 brake for a 90 waist (my results have always ended up with a 75 now bent to more than what a stock 95 is) but you're still going to need to pull the brake arms out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQJ_0xY1aCY

I've used the tried and true method of vice then bend straight with pipe (handlebar) then rebend using pipe. I find the above linked method works better.

I'm too much of a pussy to bend them around the sidewall when mounted on the ski. I have no confidence in that base plate staying together under that force.

Also, this is the original vid of how to dissemble and bend Pivot brakes and has probably been posted on TGRz a few times:

And FYI, the old black 75mm brakes are easier to bend than the new silver ones but the old black ones will not allow a do over: they will, more likely than not, snap if you screw up and have to try rebending. this has been my experience. The silver ones seem to resist bending more and I find are a complete PITA to bend but they will allow you to rebend. Kinda. I would just get the right width if dealing with the silver arms. I'd like to hear others' experience bending anything other than the old black ones if they have.
    Oh shit. Thought there was probably something im missing. Tried to put thdm in the vice still attached but not much to grab onto above the stock bend to isolate force from the base. Ill watch the vid a couple times and maybe try that. I think id be happy if the remsining one just fell down to contact snow like the other and maybe over time it gets better. The one doesnt swing the full way down but it def drags in snow. I rarely have a release but id like something on snow for when i throw them on the ground to step into. Thanks for that info

Anyone here have Rossi Orange FKS 14s or Kiwi Pivot 14s they want to unload? Both pre-WTR/GW. Preferably 115 brake. I also have 130 brakes looking to trade for your 115 brakes...

Anyone holding 130mm heels of any flavor Pivots? I need a new set of heels for a second Cast setup and I can’t find any decent deals on a combo of Pivot + 130 anything. I’m a wiener so even a 12 heel can contain my gnar.

Peglegg: I would trade you brakes if you find a solid deal on 115s.

Pivot 12s GW, minty. Used maybe 4-5 ski days. 115 brakes. $150 net to me (selling for a friend - will have all screws) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1676234111.676781.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	384.8 KB 
ID:	447471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1676234126.551562.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	374.8 KB 
ID:	447472

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

FS: FKS/Pivot Bindings: Used complete sets, and parts, mix-and-match

Looking for some price guidance on some well used P18s. I took off the paint on the toes and the brakes have been bent from 115mm to 100MM. Condition is rough cosmetically, but they work as expected.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4646 Large.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	240.8 KB 
ID:	448538

Name:	IMG_4647 Large.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	448539

Name:	IMG_4648 Large.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	448540

Name:	IMG_4649 Large.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	448541
    Last edited by jbrine; 02-20-2023 at 10:20 PM.
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Look pivot 15, 115 brake
    180 + ship or local pickup in Reno
    Venmo for payment

Name:	IMG_2037.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	448656Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2036.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	448657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2035.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	448658

Either looking for a pair of 130 brakes to buy or looking to trade 115s for 130s. Not sure I need to yet, but is anyone out there interested?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Either looking for a pair of 130 brakes to buy or looking to trade 115s for 130s. Not sure I need to yet, but is anyone out there interested?
    I've got a pair or 130s forza nib. Looking for 115 brakes.

How do we trade brakes? Just unscrew the dildos and switch them out?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    I've got a pair or 130s forza nib. Looking for 115 brakes.

How do we trade brakes? Just unscrew the dildos and switch them out?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Yup.
    focus.

Long shot but my kid broke his rossi axial2 90mm brake. Any chance anyone has a spare so I don’t have to spend as much as the bindings are worth for a replacement?

Looking to trade 115 mm brakes (used) for 95 mm Pivot brakes. hit me up if you are looking to trade.

who's holding anything neon?
    12's, 14's, pivots, px, just scored some very cheap neon explosiv1's and they don't deserve a black binding.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    who's holding anything neon?
    12's, 14's, pivots, px, just scored some very cheap neon explosiv1's and they don't deserve a black binding.
    I've got some orange FKS140 I could be convinced to get rid of. I think the brakes are 115

anyone got a pair of raw 15's they would want to trade for a pair of white 18s?

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I've got some orange FKS140 I could be convinced to get rid of. I think the brakes are 115
    I'm interested if phall passes.

If they're gone, I'm looking for some orange FKS heels for a CAST setup--I already have toes. Wouldn't be opposed to a complete set either.

White p18s would work too.

I’m out

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Made a GS post but maybe here is better?...looking for 95 brakes to trade for my 115's.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I'm interested if phall passes.

If they're gone, I'm looking for some orange FKS heels for a CAST setup--I already have toes. Wouldn't be opposed to a complete set either.

White p18s would work too.
    Still looking for some orange FKS. Also looking for a pair of 130mm brakes/turntables.

Looking for a single Pivot 15/18 or a set. Lost ski scenario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk