Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    quick question in the fks/pivot universe. mixing and matching toes and heels, from say 12 to 18, assuming your using a similar setting, say 12 on a pair of toes, and 12 on a pair of (12, 14 0r 18 heels) or heels / toes switched - all things should be equal: of course ignoring, lawyers, risk managers and wives. any thoughts to the contrary?

^ I wouldn't think twice, but then I'd probably be fine running metal Pivot toes with Soli STH heels, etc. For the record I'm not a disciple of the Pivot heel religion, but like the design of the toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    quick question in the fks/pivot universe. mixing and matching toes and heels, from say 12 to 18, assuming your using a similar setting, say 12 on a pair of toes, and 12 on a pair of (12, 14 0r 18 heels) or heels / toes switched - all things should be equal: of course ignoring, lawyers, risk managers and wives. any thoughts to the contrary?
    I vote YES, mix & match as much as you want. The FKS 12 heel seems to be exact same as FKS 18 heel, except DIN spring strength. The plastic toes for 12 & 14 are very different from the metal toes for 15 & 18, but all those toes are sold with heels that are identical (except DIN spring strength), so feel free to mix & match all those toes & heels.
    "My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

- BUY my CHEAP OLD SKIS with some rust at this thread
    - BUY my Bindings, DEMO Bindings, and PRIOR A-STAR SKIS at this thread
    - BUY my Look/Rossi BINDINGS and PARTS at this thread
    - TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

Quote Originally Posted by robgoose View Post
    2) I have been told by the parentsthere is still a broken-off male part within the binding... And yes I will appreciate any assistance you could offer for removal methods...!
    I've done that repair only once, and I had success dremeling a slot into it, which provided grip for a flathead screwdriver to unscrew it out. Other people recommend spinning it out using an Easy-Out/Screw extractor or reverse drill bit? See details at: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ck-in-heel-arm

Do you want my parts now? Or later after you successfully remove that broken-off arm?

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

- BUY my CHEAP OLD SKIS with some rust at this thread
    - BUY my Bindings, DEMO Bindings, and PRIOR A-STAR SKIS at this thread
    - BUY my Look/Rossi BINDINGS and PARTS at this thread
    - TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

letís do the part with the male arms to start.... (and assume that I will ultimately be successful in removing the embedded make part)
    HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    cleaning out the garage and just found 3 FKS 18 toe pieces and one heel piece that is missing a half moon. Hit me up if you need something and we will see what we can do.

Also have a full set of Pivot 18 in great shape as well as a brand new never been used pair of Pivot 14.

Lets make a deal
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots