Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Once I get a few more pieces to make some replacement sets I'lI have the following for sale:
    -WTR AFDs for P18s for sale and
    -White P14 Dual/WTR with brand new 115mm base plates for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Consider me in line if it's full sets.
    pm

Single FKS toe available for sale, WTR version, DIN=12 at https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...66#post5719466

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    this the way to go?
    That video is how I do it. The only steps within that process that are sometimes tricky for me are:

- While bending arms in the vise, sometimes the arm breaks off. BUMMER! Solution: bend ridiculously super-duper-duper slowly and gently. Just waste more time going slow to guarantee you don't break an arm. (Or maybe it would help if I heated with torch before bending?)
    - During reassembly, sometimes the layers of multiple circle parts "unsnap" and get out of position. Solution: just keep trying to "snap" those circle parts together, or manually hold them together perfectly in position until you get all the layers reassembled.
    - Sometimes it takes forever to tap the spring back in. I'm like "WTF, why won't it go in? Should I quit?". Solution: don't quit, it always goes in eventually.
    - After mounted, sometimes you need to fine-tune the bending, which you can do with boot snapped into binding, but try to brace the arm by using a monkey wrench or crescent wrench as a fulcrum to prevent cracking the plastic base of heel while you bend.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Have some px15 toes new afds, all in good shape, in BC Canada make an offer. Alternatively looking for some kinda heels to match, conveniently in BC of course

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 L using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    Have some px15 toes new afds, all in good shape, in BC Canada make an offer. Alternatively looking for some kinda heels to match, conveniently in BC of course

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 L using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sent you a pm.

thanks. just followed that vid and did it all no problem. i still need to mount to finetune. they are not exactly symmetrical... but close. it was way easier than i thought it would be.
    smaller diameter cheater bar, the better. i started with a seatpost but switched to a handlebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post

That video is how I do it. The only steps within that process that are sometimes tricky for me are:

- While bending arms in the vise, sometimes the arm breaks off. BUMMER! Solution: bend ridiculously super-duper-duper slowly and gently. Just waste more time going slow to guarantee you don't break an arm. (Or maybe it would help if I heated with torch before bending?)
    - During reassembly, sometimes the layers of multiple circle parts "unsnap" and get out of position. Solution: just keep trying to "snap" those circle parts together, or manually hold them together perfectly in position until you get all the layers reassembled.
    - Sometimes it takes forever to tap the spring back in. I'm like "WTF, why won't it go in? Should I quit?". Solution: don't quit, it always goes in eventually.
    - After mounted, sometimes you need to fine-tune the bending, which you can do with boot snapped into binding, but try to brace the arm by using a monkey wrench or crescent wrench as a fulcrum to prevent cracking the plastic base of heel while you bend.

Will post pics tomorrow but want to trade my 130 brakes for 100s.

I also have 3 out of 4 functioning pieces of the Green Look px 18. Heel connection bent. It's still salvageable if you want other parts off it. Willing to part with whatever pieces to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post

I also have 3 out of 4 functioning pieces of the Green Look px 18. Heel connection bent. It's still salvageable if you want other parts off it. Willing to part with whatever pieces to help out.
    Interested in your "parts" after seeing some photos. Thx.

I'd be interested in the toes, or if anyone else has a set of 15/18 metal toes. I have an orphan set of heel pieces I'm trying to make a complete set from.

...I also have 3 out of 4 functioning pieces of the Green Look px 18. Heel connection bent. It's still salvageable if you want other parts off it. Willing to part with whatever pieces to help out.
    Either you, or a buyer, could complete your pair pf green PX18 by making an offer on my single BLACK heel for PX18, from Post #1 of this thread.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I was really bummed to find both heel plates on my B130 Pivot 18's are cracked and need to be replaced (but glad I caught it now at least!). I didn't realize how common this issue is. Anybody got any spares?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191021_124434.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	298747

Name:	20191021_124427.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	298748

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    I was really bummed to find both heel plates on my B130 Pivot 18's are cracked and need to be replaced (but glad I caught it now at least!). I didn't realize how common this issue is. Anybody got any spares?

Name:	20191021_124434.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	298747

Name:	20191021_124427.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	298748
    Are they of the right age to be affected by the recall? Mine that cracked weren't. I'm also glad you caught it now. When mine let go, it resulted in a nasty faceplant at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Are they of the right age to be affected by the recall? Mine that cracked weren't. I'm also glad you caught it now. When mine let go, it resulted in a nasty faceplant at speed.
    Unfortunately I bought mine in Dec 2015, so they aren't in the recall window.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Unfortunately I bought mine in Dec 2015, so they aren't in the recall window.
    Will send you a PM, referring to this photo, asking if you want to replace only 1 of the 7-8 parts within each heel, by harvesting my parts. That way, you only replace the cracked metal piece. I have done this fix for many park skiers, but you can do it yourself in faraway SLC if you're handy and can follow my instructions.

Forgive me for not searching this thread better. But do you have any brakes still for sale? I have a pair of Rossi 120s that are OB slalom skis and would want to buy new brakes for modern sticks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Buy the ticket, take the ride." ~ Hunter S. Thompson

*on

"Buy the ticket, take the ride." ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by drop22 View Post
    But do you have any brakes still for sale? I have a pair of Rossi 120s that are OB slalom skis and would want to buy new brakes for modern sticks
    Are your Rossi 120s the type we call "FKS"? Post your photos.

I have only narrow brakes for sale (like around 75mm?). You can try to bend your own narrow brakes wider, and if you succeed, then you're done. Else if you accidentally snap the arms off while bending, then you can buy more from me for a 2nd chance to bend again more carefully.

I will live near you at Squaw this winter, but tell me to bring the right parts before I move there. I won't bring my whole stash.

Other people here might have wide brakes to offer you. Tell them how wide you need (like 120mm? or what?)

Also, you can swap in a "brake arms" part into your whole heel---you don't need to replace the whole base of the heel.

I'm looking for a pair of metal toe pieces- P18, PX15, or FKS 155. If you have a pair you are interested in parting with let me know.

I also have 1 black 12 DIN WTR toe and 1 Forza 14 DIN GW/DIN toe if anyone needs them!

Looking for the plastic base plate for heels. Help

Quote Originally Posted by wizbang View Post
    Looking for the plastic base plate for heels. Help
    Each FKS heel has about 6-7 parts in it. Which part(s) do you need, precisely? Take it to PM's, and we'll figure it out together.

I have parts in photo a few posts earlier, see https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...30#post5788830

Also, I have many other parts not in that photo.

anybody have a single 115 brake they feel like making somebodies day with?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Does anyone have a full set (8) of heel screws?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Have a set of toes, looking for two heels. Without baseplates maybe $50? With 95mm brakes I'll do $125 or so

Quote Originally Posted by .squirrely. View Post
    Have a set of toes, looking for two heels. Without baseplates maybe $50? With 95mm brakes I'll do $125 or so
    I have a set of full white 18 heels with 115 brakes used one day for $125 shipped

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Looking for 2 brakes, anything over 100!