Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hey Supermoon,

I like your page a lot and I think the font and such give you the classic / serious look you are after.
    But I have a few points of critique of course:

Sometimes the header Images / Captions and the menu take up a lot of screen space and you see just one image but with a caption right in the middle. I would like to access the content with less scrolling (viewing it on a 27" screen).

Maybe you want to check out one of my favorite portfolio pages: https://www.samuelzeller.ch/personal-work/ (you see all the images are plain image without disturbance and you navigate to the different images without a lot of scrolling or looking pas menus and headers). Maybe you want to reconsider even the use of watermarks - with so many images in one place this becomes a bit redundant. Also try to be even more strict with your selection, there are a lot of images and maybe you would come across more "precise" if you leave out some more that are not the very very best of yours.

Anyways: good page and a lot of great images.

I'm a bit late to the party here so you likely made many of the suggested changes.
    I think your site looks great. Easy to navigate around and very clean. I too would have a hard time deciding which photos to include on my site if I ever made one like this.

Speaking of, I may have to borrow some of your design if I ever decide to actually go full pro. We're not in the same market so it shouldn't be a problem .
    Last edited by From_the_NEK; 07-19-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Looking for feedback on my photography website

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

Speaking of, I may have to borrow some of your design if I ever decide to actually go full pro. We're not in the same market so it shouldn't be a problem .
    Haha. No secret sauce to the website. It’s just a Squarespace template.

I used to build websites for a living with teams of writers, designers and developers. If you don’t have a 100k budget and six months of time, I think they are the best option to get a site launched. It’s like $16 a month.

Happy to answer questions if you or anyone want to build one.

If this thread becomes one where others post up their sites or portfolios for feedback I’d be totally cool with that too. No need for this thread to die if others want the same info.

Why'd you decide on squarespace vs. wordpress + plugins?

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Why'd you decide on squarespace vs. wordpress + plugins?
    Mostly ease of maintenance and security. Keeping WP dialed in is a lot of work if you run multiple plugins. i don't have really any coding chops beyond HTML and CSS, so fixing a plugin that breaks due to a WP security patch is beyond my skill set. I'd rather spend my time working on website content instead of the back end. If I wanted/needed any crazy functionality I may have gone a different direction, but for the limited functions I need I think a self-hosted CMS was overkill.

All I can say Phil is I wish you the very best of luck and success!
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Thanks man!