Thread: Tofino/Ucluelet

Tofino/Ucluelet

Looks like beach break with a couple options, stoked to check it out, anyone been?

Headed to Vancouver Island and just managed to get reservations for 3 nights in mid August, otherwise pretty booked up. We're looking for camping/lodging options for the family. Driving up in the Westy, any recommendations for lodging or camping near surf?

Stay at the Wickaninnish Inn Great surf right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Stay at the Wickaninnish Inn Great surf right there.
    Looks awesome, they're booked solid. Like pretty much everywhere else. I forgot that you have to plan in advance in Tofino...

Sounds like you know enough already. Pretty good fishing right from shore. We stayed at Long Beach Lodge, great place.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

If you want to explore, you can water taxi to Hot Springs Cove, camping is plenty, hot springs are amazing, and you can stay with the Innchanter. He runs a tight ship.

http://www.innchanter.com

We ended up scoring reservations on Cox Bay; Pacific Sands for a couple nights and Cox Bay Resort for several nights. This camping trip is turning into lodge based but it's hard to pass up beach side lodging, plus we just gotta get out of FarNorCal, we are surrounded by fire and smoke...

Just got back 2 days ago. Long closeouts. Didn’t get up to Cox, just LB and Flo, but both had “waves” Cox is a shit fight but is a wave magnet w/ strong rip. Long beach and flow have more peelers at this time of year.

long beach for hangs and surf is legit, my recommendation is to pack the westy with your chairs and lunch and get to the incinerator parking lot early!!! for a good beach side spot. Long beach can be walked for miles in either direction from there.
    A bag of Dayold goodies from common loaf in tuff for $7.50 is damn good.
    Two scoops of gelato in a waffle cone for $5 in ukee.
    The restaurants are good but I don’t eat out there enough so can’t make a recommendation, I almost always cook on the beach if the weather works.
    Kelp beer from tofino brewing is very tasty.
    If you get a chance, the fishing is on right now so chartering would be a good way to see it all, probably a dose of whales as well. Ukee is a good spot for your travel arrangements ie fishing or boat tours.
    If you kayak, the broken islands are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums