Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    At 24.99% APR.
    That's consistent with low end VC expected returns.
    More unproven businesses could be 50%+

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app

only idiots go into business for themselves
    don't be an idiot
    if I had a dollar for every moron who said "that must be so great being your own boss and having a business" I'd be fucking rich
    in the meantime
    well outside of the 60 hrs a week at work and realizing the world is full of assholes and dooshbags you'll figure it out some how
    at least you can get a bunch of money, fail, claim bankruptcy and move on
    nothing is as awesome as it sounds

There is a carwash place in Helena that includes an indoor DIY dog-washing facility. Seems like a good way to generate income during the winter months. Lotsa dogs in Bozeman that's for sure.

Good luck OP, I hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    don't be an idiot
    That may be about the dumbest thing I've ever read here and that's really saying something. Many people go into business for themselves and do quite well. I'm very happy I went into business for myself, albeit I bought an existing company that I was already working at for seventeen years. None the less, I bought it and sold it eleven years later and did very well. I also really enjoyed it when I was there during the whole time. I now work with people who have started their own businesses and are looking to scale them and sell them in the longer term. The vast majority of them continue to grow and build their companies with the idea that they too will someday sell and do quite well. It's not a stupid thing to do and they're certainly not idiots.

I think Fred's taking more of an existential viewpoint on this one.

Hello, Whiteroom_Guardian! As an investor, I can tell you that before talking with the company or people, I do comprehensive research about my future investment options, possible losses, and profits.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    don't be an idiot
    if I had a dollar for every moron who said "that must be so great being your own boss and having a business" I'd be fucking rich
    in the meantime
    well outside of the 60 hrs a week at work and realizing the world is full of assholes and dooshbags you'll figure it out some how
    at least you can get a bunch of money, fail, claim bankruptcy and move on
    nothing is as awesome as it sounds
    My wife works for herself. She isn't rich, but it's not a bad salary for where we live. There's some headaches dealing with deadbeats who won't pay. Ditto for dealing with insurance companies. And she says her boss is pretty demanding. Her words, not mine. In the end it's better than some places she could work in her field. She's probably not making as much as she could make if she drove half an hour each way and or worked for one of the more exceptional practices. However, she found a decent office with exceptionally low rent. She couldn't find that now or if she drove that half hour. It adds up to being a wash or better.

Necro bot bump, from the looks of it...

Just bid a plan set for a carwash that's about to break ground in Colorado ski country.

The structure itself isn't that impressive, but it came out to be an expensive ass little commercial building due to the technical concrete work involved.

Good luck! I think a nice car wash could do well here.

I could never work for someone else anymore.

That's the first bot post here that I can actually appreciate, I think it actually managed to read the room perfectly. Greg at Alpinezone would be proud

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

You should PM him. Who knew Joe Rogan would show up. This guy could be your ticket to stardom.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I for one would like to congratulate WG on his newly earned billions. Nice job, champ!

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I for one would like to congratulate WG on his newly earned billions. Nice job, champ!
    You get any of that sweet VC $$$ yet? I'm trying to get some for myself...

I also want a sweet VC $$$)))