Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 37 of 37
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,462
    I think we watched four or five episodes, definitely didn't make it to the end. Maybe I'll revisit.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aloft
    Posts
    3,355
    It did not come together. The reboot was terrible (both seasons). Should have left it alone, but glad they tried? I think?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    35,794
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    they already did, and that's why HBO's dead. I loved most of the popular HBO shows (except Girls, fuck that trash). So many of the good shows came to ends far short of their potential. Deadwood. Rome. Luck. John from Cincy (yeah, I dug that show). It's equal to the shows that saw good ends - 6 feet under, the Sopranos, the Wire.
    Luck was extremely promising, but they killed it after killing four horses. PETA was not pleased.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    399
    HBO's lineup needs to be more stacked:

    Between Curb and Silicon Valley its all that is keeping me interested. Hopefully Veep comes back soon.

    Now even 2 -3 years ago we had Silicon Valley, Veep, Vice Principals, The Brink, Hello Ladies, East Bound and Down Etc

    IMO GOT is for nerds and it doesn't do anything for me. I regonize westworld is great too but it doesn't do anything for me.

    In addition to more shows like EastBound and Down we need another Band of Brothers and Sopranos.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,764
    Sharp Objects doesn’t do it for you?

    I liked High Maintenance too.
    Jesus rides beside me, he never buys any smokes.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    294
    Try Succession.




  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Midgaard
    Posts
    2,709

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    John from Cincy
    Loved it too, tic a regular on the Itunes. Think there was a really compelling story in there somewhere...and whether dying or not HBO has had one hell of a run. Can remember 7th grade 1977 rigging up the antenna wire & aluminum foil to get the harrad experiment.
    "Can't you see..."

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    ...and whether dying or not HBO has had one hell of a run. Can remember 7th grade 1977 rigging up the antenna wire & aluminum foil to get the harrad experiment.
    Fond memories of late night HBO/Cinemax titty movies in my early teens at a latchkey friend's house whose parents happened to be the only ones who bought premium cable channels. Shit, I think cable TV of any kind was a pretty new thing in our hick town at the time. Simpler times. Our current state of pornucopia can't be healthy for the youngin's.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Loved it too, tic a regular on the Itunes. Think there was a really compelling story in there somewhere...and whether dying or not HBO has had one hell of a run. Can remember 7th grade 1977 rigging up the antenna wire & aluminum foil to get the harrad experiment.
    I remember when this happened. I was in college and had just gotten cable in my apartment..

    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Granite State
    Posts
    3,753
    Who has time for watching people pretending to be something they are not?

    Not I.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Granite State
    Posts
    3,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Fond memories of late night HBO/Cinemax titty movies in my early teens at a latchkey friend's house whose parents happened to be the only ones who bought premium cable channels. Shit, I think cable TV of any kind was a pretty new thing in our hick town at the time. Simpler times. Our current state of pornucopia can't be healthy for the youngin's.
    Oh man. Sharon Tate.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •