Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Uh, did someone say BillyGoats? 😎

Website says 2450g for 189 std layup.

Evo says 2475g for 191 from 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    After trying many ski models over the years, I've learned with confidence that it truly is just simple heaviness that can play a huge role in the ski performance sensations that please my weird tastes.
    I know how you feel. I love a lot of the K2 freeride skis from 2011-2017 simply because they are heavy. They are pretty darn soft, however I can still ski pretty fast on them because they weigh so much. 184 shreditor 92s weigh something like 2130g/ski, which is as much as a lot of the 108mm resort skis nowadays.. the 191/189 shreditor 102/112s are heavy, Obsetheds and Pettitors were near 2500 in the largest sizes. The newer K2s do not appeal to me, unfortunately they have started taking material (weight) out of their skis, and overall just feel cheaper made crap.

I like On3ps even more, and so much of that is because they are heavy, and as a whole they have resisted the urge to go super light on their designs. I understand why people need superlight skis for going uphill, but I personally dont want or need them. I can ski on them fine and I dont outski them or anything, I just prefer heavy skis because I’m heavy. I ski resort mostly and I dont spin too much, so have zero need for light skis. The entire industry is going that way seemingly, and finding the right ski is tough enough, but now like 8 out of 10 skis in a specific category are light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

WTT: Billy Goat and Protest: My light versions for your heavier ones

I have some c&d’s that I bought from Wren last fall. They have no lack of heft and I actually never got out on them after buying supergoats. I’d consider making a deal for the protest, if they can accommodate my mount.

Inserts for pivots that fit my 312bsl. They’re in great shape.
    Last edited by jackattack; 07-12-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Gah, I still think about that pair. The rocker profile is burned into the mind.

I see CascadeLuke claims his pre-asym Billygoat Tour 186cm with my same topsheet weighs 2275g. (His post at https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...90#post5392290 )

Simplistic interpolation from his 186cm to my 191cm would get
    Weight of a 191cm Billygoat Tour = (191cm/186cm)*2275g = 2336g

My pair weighs in at 2326g with 8 empty screw holes per ski. That's a mere 0.4% difference. So my pair seems to be pretty much exactly the same density as CascadeLuke'a "Tour" layup version.

EDIT: My pair's original owner, Suprechicken, has confirmed with certainty that my pair is "standard layup" 2014 bought directly from ON3P, (***BUT I think maybe my year might be lighter-weight than some other years.)

Last edited by Vitamin I; 07-29-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Bump for the September crowd.

I'm still trying to trade up in weight class for both of these ski models someday...

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Protests... hum...

Bump. Any heavy Billy Goats out there for sale, 191cm or longer, with RES?

Norseman might be interested in my 2326g Billy Goats, but I won't sell to him until I can buy a heavier pair first.