CO Trip suggestions needed!

Hey All,
    My girl and I are leaving SLC Wednesday, 7/25 at ~Noon, and heading to Denver for a wedding. We'd ideally like to be in Denver at ~3-4pm on Friday, 7/28. We have the rest of that time set aside for mountain biking. Hoping to do a long ride Thursday and a shorter ride Friday AM before driving to DEN. Current idea is Steamboat, due to ~5 hours from SLC drive Wednesday then ~3 hours to DEN Friday. Any suggestions on alternates? I like to ride anything, rocky/rooty fast descents the best, not a huge jumper, and we have our share of flow trails in SLC, unless something is crazy fun, I'd rather avoid the man made flow trails. My girlfriend is a solid upper intermediate advanced rider. Doesn't dig on the really nasty chundery rocky shit, but will ride pretty much anything. (Free lunch is rideable with walking the features for her, for example.)
    Not looking for Fruita/GJ riding as we get down there once a year usually.
    Bonus points for kick ass breweries
    Will most likely camp unless we're in Steamboat where I have friends.
    http://coldsmokechronicles.blogspot.com

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

"especially if you beat it like AKPM on a lonely alaskan night" brice618

Jer
    I told you I was retarded!!!!

ectreeskier11
    and the truth comes out

Just go to Steamboat. It's a great place for mt biking.

One ride you could consider for Friday AM is the CT from Copper to Searle Pass
    https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/380...to-searle-pass
    It might be longer than you're looking for but it's a fun ride. Instead of starting at the overflow lot like this suggests park at Center Village (free) and do the ride from there. Cuts out 1.75mi of annoying up/down BS at the beginning and gets you all the goods. It'll be about 15mi and 2600' of climbing this way.

I don't think you can go wrong just riding in Steamboat both days though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Ride the Divide Epic trail from the top of Rabbit Ears to the ski area on Thursday. Beal/Rotary Loop on Friday. Go to Mountain Tap Brewery.

Thanks all, steamboat does seem to be the best option. Haven't been to Mountain Tap, but did go to Butcherknife and Storm Peak the last time we were in town.
    http://coldsmokechronicles.blogspot.com

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

"especially if you beat it like AKPM on a lonely alaskan night" brice618

Jer
    I told you I was retarded!!!!

ectreeskier11
    and the truth comes out

X2 on Mountain Tap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

If you change your mind on Steamboat, there are several other areas with more riding than you can do and are within 3 hrs+/- of Denver...

Salida
    CB
    Gunny

Roaring Fork Valley

Eagle County

etc