What? You're telling me I can't ski? Here, Hold My Skis.

The Wasatch snow is melting so fast that I could tell today was my only chance of continuing my almost 26-year monthly streak. I showed up at the Bird's tram with my skis this afternoon, fully expecting to hitch a ride up. I was told the policy changed last month. Someone at Snowbird made the mistake of posting on social media that there was a way for riders to continue taking their skis and boards on the tram, even after the season was over. They had crowds of people show up, despite the dangerous conditions. Most had no business even being on the mountain. At least one person got severely injured and, suddenly, that was the end of that. At least for this summer, "until they have a chance to reevaluate the policy for next year."
    I told the gatekeeper that's all fine and good, but I've got a streak I don't intend to stop just yet, so that policy was not gonna work for me. A supervisor was called in to repeat there's nothing they can do unless I wanted to write to management to explain my situation.
    "Write to management, I asked?" "Yeah, right. No, I don't have time for that. Here; hold my skis."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ron.310th.month-7.7.18.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	240856
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

So you fruitbooted?

Does that count?
    . . .

Yeah I don’t know. If you’re asking if this keeps your streak alive, I vote no. Has to be at least 500Vertical ‘ of skiing. But then again that’s why I’ve never done the TAY/every month thing. Technicalities instead of quality. But technically if you call putting your skis on on snow then sure , technically you did it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    so youre givin em a rating of
    one bird turd?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Damn that policy worked fine for years. Sign waiver, go ski. I always used it to access main chute easier after bird closed for season skiing. Bummer it seems idiots fucked it up, like most cool things.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

CoreShot: I don't know what that is, but if it means get to the snow the old-fashioned way, then yes.

Kinnikinnick: No. Where would you ever get the idea I'd be interested in what anyone else considers the right amount of "downhill skiing?" No one has ever done this before. So, someday, when I end my streak after 30 or 40 years, how much downhill skiing counts as "downhill skiing" will be whatever I decide it is. And I can state right now that it's about turns on snow, not vertical feet. 

SkiFishBum and SkiDog: Yep. The fact they made such a harsh, blanket decision for ONE incident which they actually created themselves, and after SIX seasons of responsible rider conduct, definitely does not earn them any fans.

Well there you go. You did it then.

Just out of curiosity how many turns is it?

I guess your point is that Snowbird killed your lift served access to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I guess your point is that Snowbird killed your lift served access to do it.
    Just out of curiosity how many turns is it?
    Yes, my point is snowbird made a rash, over-reactionary decision because of one accident. An accident which should have been no skin off Snowbird's nose if the waivers they've had us sign for six years mean anything. An accident which would have been completely avoided had one of their employees not foolishly encouraged clueless gapers to flock to snowbird in droves at the end of May.
    And, so far my worst outing in all these years has been 22 turns. So that's the minimum as it stands right now. As you inferred, technically it might qualify as "skiing" just to slide a few feet without even making a turn. Who's to say. But, for credibility's sake, I think it goes without saying that there have to be some turns.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    if this is your letter to management id take that gay ass selfie out
    and mention caroline gliech somehow
    and if it makes you feel any better
    i wont give them a single cent for my 22nd consectutive season
    you should consider not funding operations of such poor business practices
    and skin 2 win
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

What's more hardcore??

Endlessseason's 26 years of consecutive month skiing streak or Skifishbum's 22 years of never getting a beer or general grits sandwich??

I'm going to have to side with the skiing, good on ya endlessseason, whatever floats ya boat, but that's some passion no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Endlessseason View Post
    Yes, my point is snowbird made a rash, over-reactionary decision because of one accident. An accident which should have been no skin off Snowbird's nose if the waivers they've had us sign for six years mean anything. An accident which would have been completely avoided had one of their employees not foolishly encouraged clueless gapers to flock to snowbird in droves at the end of May.
    And, so far my worst outing in all these years has been 22 turns. So that's the minimum as it stands right now. As you inferred, technically it might qualify as "skiing" just to slide a few feet without even making a turn. Who's to say. But, for credibility's sake, I think it goes without saying that there have to be some turns.
    Yeah sounds lame but typical of
    resort mgmt.

Just for clarification is that 22 turns as in left, right = 2 or left + Right = 1?

I’m just giving you shit. I know someone who counts 10 turns as a day.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    if this is your letter to management id take that gay ass selfie out
    and mention caroline gliech somehow
    LOL! I'm so tangled up with work and crap that I forget how I can come here for some laughs. Nice one, SFB.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    What's more hardcore??

Endlessseason's 26 years of consecutive month skiing streak or Skifishbum's 22 years of never getting a beer or general grits sandwich??
    :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Holy CRAP, Alpy! Have they started paying you to keep this forum lively?!

It was probably their insurance company's decision. A lot of our life is run by insurance companies.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Strong work Endlesseason!