Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Attachment 286753

Quiet around here, you'all stop riding or what?
    Too busy riding.

Snow has melted off pretty much everything up high, go get it before it's all on fire

@Chainwhip getting after it...
    Nice images.
    I need to get up to the Pilchuck zone some time soon.

@Chainwhip getting after it...
    Nice images.
    I need to get up to the Pilchuck zone some time soon.
    Rode Pilchuck Tract for the first time this year and it is an eye opener (why have I never ridden there before?) - love those trails!

I'm not sure if it counts as the PNWet, but I just made it up to Rossland for the first time and the trails are FKNA awesome! Seven Summits is in phenomenal condition right now with minimal snow and mostly nice and tacky dirt due to all of the thunderstorms.

It's highly recommended for anyone looking to stretch the definition of the PNW.

^^^
    PNW for sure, "wet" probably a bit less so...?
    Regardless, it's stoke worthy in my book and sounds great.

Anybody ridden around Libby, MT? Maps are showing a lot of potential...

Thx John_B - adding Rossland to my list of places to ride... Looks great!

I got laid off last week so have some new time to ride. Who here is up for midweek, midday greater seattle area rides? I like all the trails from XC pedal fests to steep tech with a preference for the later. Need to be back for day-care pickups and prefer to beat traffic.

@leavenworthSkier.
    Any idea why none of the trails in leavenworth are on trailforks? Seems crazy to me. Its my #1 tool in planning biking trips to places I dont know now and even though i've been to leavenworth biking before, Im hesitant to go back as i can't see anything different to ride. Is it land issues?

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    @leavenworthSkier.
    Any idea why none of the trails in leavenworth are on trailforks? Seems crazy to me. Its my #1 tool in planning biking trips to places I dont know now and even though i've been to Leavenworth biking before, Im hesitant to go back as i can't see anything different to ride. Is it land issues?
    Xanadu and Tres Hombres (up derby canyon) are not on trailforks as they are illegal trails and the USFS hates them and wants them gone. There are also a lot of other pirate trails that are "listed" on Trailforks but not on the map. Most aren't worth riding as they are just short repurposed mototrail skids down a steep ridge somewhere. There are few that are worth it but you need to put in the time to find out about them. Most can't sustain heavy traffic as they are loamy DH type trails and most locals want them under the radar.

Also the bike park trails show up on the Leavenworth listing.

Most of legal trail building that is happening is down in Wenatchee as it's on State/County land vs. USFS.

Honestly there isn't that much worth riding near Leavenworth that isn't listed. Rosy Boa/ski hill is good for a couple hours but I'm not sure I'd make them a destination. Xanadu and Tres are the classics of course.

I'd take a look at Entiat (Shady Pass area), Plain/Mad River/Lake Wenatchee, Blewett, Teanaway and Wenatchee.
    Last edited by Leavenworth Skier; 06-27-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Xanadu and Tres Hombres (up derby canyon) are not on trailforks as they are illegal trails and the USFS hates them and wants them gone. There are also a lot of other pirate trails that are "listed" on Trailforks but not on the map. Also the bike park trails show up on the Leavenworth listing. Most aren't worth riding as they are just short repurposed mototrail skids down a steep ridge somewhere. There are few that are worth it but you need to put in the time to find out about them. Most can't sustain heavy traffic as they are loamy DH type trails and most locals want them under the radar.

Most of legal trail building that is happening is down in Wenatchee as it's on State/County land vs. USFS.

Honestly there isn't that much worth riding near Leavenworth that isn't listed. Rosy Boa/ski hill is good for a couple hours but I'm not sure I'd make them a destination. Xanadu and Tres are the classics of course.

I'd take a look at Entiat (Shady Pass area), Plain/Mad River/Lake Wenatchee, Blewett, Teanaway and Wenatchee.
    Ah ok i figured it was something along those lines. thanks for the reply.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4515.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	297.6 KB 
ID:	287020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4506.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	287021

First time out. The hail storm made things a little interesting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4501.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	242.5 KB 
ID:	287022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4503.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	287023

Pretty cool I live a couple miles from here and just started riding them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

"hikers yield to mountainbikes"

god damn that's beautiful
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    "hikers yield to mountainbikes"

god damn that's beautiful
    Isn't it? Harvey Manning is turning over in his grave...

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post

Love it!
    HA!
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post

Love it!
    I'd heard the name but had to look up the significance.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Manning

Largely as a result of his efforts, Cougar Mountain is off-limits to bikes and even Tiger Mountain has very limited single-track mileage where bikes are permitted.

Heh. Sounds like he was already tossing and turning.

What is it with city bound pricks like that? All about conservation when it comes to kicking out another user group but have no problem profiting off guides and such that are a far bigger threat to the peace and escape of neat places?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I'd heard the name but had to look up the significance.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Manning

Largely as a result of his efforts, Cougar Mountain is off-limits to bikes and even Tiger Mountain has very limited single-track mileage where bikes are permitted.

Heh. Sounds like he was already tossing and turning.

What is it with city bound pricks like that? All about conservation when it comes to kicking out another user group but have no problem profiting off guides and such that are a far bigger threat to the peace and escape of neat places?
    In a way, we (every mountain biker living in the Puget Sound) have Harvey to thank for the Birth of Evergreen Mountain Bike (back then known as CORBA, and then Backcountry Bicycle Trails Club). His hyper vocal, bigoted stance and misinformation campaign that got mountain bikes kicked off of some great, early suburban trail zones was in part a driving force in the early days (of BBTC). The relative embarrassment of riches that are the wealth of trails that we all get to enjoy in the region are a direct result of their advocacy and trail building efforts. IMBA has nothing on these guys. So, thank you Harvey Manning for bringing us all together to make mountain biking in Washington/Puget Sound what it is today.
    Last edited by ACH; 06-28-2019 at 10:55 AM. Reason: accuracy

IMBA has nothing on any local motivated group. I definitely know evergreen.

Suck it harvey.

His guidebooks have probably done more to damage resources and desecrate areas in Washington than a bicycle ever will. And the fact that he was pro-horse but anti-bike further shows the hypocrisy and stupidity of his arguments. He's probably also to blame for the hyper-militant "wilderness everything" groups in the PNW that have made it impossible for the Forest Service to do anything to manage resources. Fuck Harvey Manning.
    /rant

I find that areas not in Wilderness, not in his guidebooks are often more pristine than the"pristine" Wilderness trails his guidebook talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    His guidebooks have probably done more to damage resources and desecrate areas in Washington than a bicycle ever will. And the fact that he was pro-horse but anti-bike further shows the hypocrisy and stupidity of his arguments. He's probably also to blame for the hyper-militant "wilderness everything" groups in the PNW that have made it impossible for the Forest Service to do anything to manage resources. Fuck Harvey Manning.
    /rant

I find that areas not in Wilderness, not in his guidebooks are often more pristine than the"pristine" Wilderness trails his guidebook talked about.
    Every metro area has'em. It's not about the places, it's about their neighbors knowing how great they are. Now it just manifests itself on instagram instead of guidebooks.

heeheee
    https://products.kitsapsun.com/archi...de_has_fa.html

Thanks for the history lesson y'all.

Every metro area has'em. It's not about the places, it's about their neighbors knowing how great they are. Now it just manifests itself on instagram instead of guidebooks.

heeheee
    https://products.kitsapsun.com/archi...de_has_fa.html

Thanks for the history lesson y'all.
    Thanks from me as well.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Looking at heading down your way week after next to do some pedalling.
    We are looking at doing Kachess ridge one day and Palisades another. That would leave us with 1 more day. We were looking at Little Bald Mountain maybe. Does anyone have any other recommendations? Looking for TransCascadia style trails. Im basing this all on Trailforks beta.

I also just noticed how much of a drive it is between Kachess and Palisades. Yikes, misjudged that one.

edit: would absolutely consider driving to Dark Divide / Randle area if those trails are clear...

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Looking at heading down your way week after next to do some pedalling.
    We are looking at doing Kachess ridge one day and Palisades another. That would leave us with 1 more day. We were looking at Little Bald Mountain maybe. Does anyone have any other recommendations? Looking for TransCascadia style trails. Im basing this all on Trailforks beta.

I also just noticed how much of a drive it is between Kachess and Palisades. Yikes, misjudged that one.

edit: would absolutely consider driving to Dark Divide / Randle area if those trails are clear...
    Yeah, Kachess and Palisades are about 2 hours + (traffic depending) apart. Randal/Packwood is in a zone by it’s self... You may want to consider Darrington on your way south, this is a new zone and I believe it’s publicly open at this point.

Yeah, Kachess and Palisades are about 2 hours + (traffic depending) apart. Randal/Packwood is in a zone by it’s self... You may want to consider Darrington on your way south, this is a new zone and I believe it’s publicly open at this point.
    We are looking for somewhere we can post up at a nice campground for 3 days and drive minimally from there. Dont mind doing a long pull to get there and back, but would prefer to not move once setup. Is the riding around Palisades worth just staying there? Deep Creek doesn't look great but Suntop looks decent.