Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Dirt in the PNWet

Double post
    Last edited by dfinn; 07-01-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Dirt in the PNWet

Anyone riding D******* this evening? Should be there around 4.

Edited out name. Ran into a builder and he asked that this zone doesn’t really become public until next year. Good shit though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRG__DJF6801.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	966.4 KB 
ID:	287316
    Last edited by dfinn; 06-30-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    We are looking for somewhere we can post up at a nice campground for 3 days and drive minimally from there. Dont mind doing a long pull to get there and back, but would prefer to not move once setup. Is the riding around Palisades worth just staying there? Deep Creek doesn't look great but Suntop looks decent.
    In general, I would say yes, the HWY 410 zone has a bunch of options. That said, I haven’t ridden anything in the Corral Pass zone since the fire so I can’t comment on anything first hand relative to current conditions.

Thank you. Any feelings on little bald mountain outside of Naches? That could make a good 3rd day riding.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    In general, I would say yes, the HWY 410 zone has a bunch of options. That said, I haven’t ridden anything in the Corral Pass zone since the fire so I can’t comment on anything first hand relative to current conditions.
    Everything is good to go. Even Deep Creek is back in, albeit with a different look but the same steep rugged feel. Deep Creek is awesome right now for the more adventurous and needs tires

410 is awesome (although I haven’t yet ridden it post-fire TBH) but I don’t think it has quite the trail density of Oakridge in one small area if that’s what you are comparing it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    410 is awesome (although I haven’t yet ridden it post-fire TBH) but I don’t think it has quite the trail density of Oakridge in one small area if that’s what you are comparing it to.
    It has a lot to offer - (all of these are descents of ~3,000 or greater)

Crystal Mtn Trail
    Northway
    Suntop
    Deep Creek
    Palisades
    Ranger Creek
    Cristoff

Most people forget Crystal, the clockwise Crystal loop is one of my favorite rides.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    It has a lot to offer - (all of these are descents of ~3,000 or greater)

Crystal Mtn Trail
    Northway
    Suntop
    Deep Creek
    Palisades
    Ranger Creek
    Cristoff

Most people forget Crystal, the clockwise Crystal loop is one of my favorite rides.
    I’ve done them all - many of my favorites! I prefer to go both up and down Northway but to each their own. Cristoff is a bit of a brake burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I’ve done them all - many of my favorites! I prefer to go both up and down Northway but to each their own. Cristoff is a bit of a brake burner.
    X2 regarding Northway, but I get the appeal of doing it as a loop too.

Thanks for all the beta guys!

Was riding lifts in whistler with my GF this past weekend and a guy from the Bay Area hops on with us and starts chatting about how great the MTB is there, especially Oakland, and how he was thinking about moving to Seattle (where i live now) but the trail access and quality of trails are just so much worse. I offered the pretty objective fact that MTB in the Seattle area is incredibly good, and so much better than the Bay area (i lived there up until 5 years ago). He responded that everyone he knows in Seattle says the riding is bad and there are only a few legal trails, with no "pirate" trails like the Demo Forest (not UC) anywhere. I responded "yeah, it does pretty much only rain here. Bay Area is much better".

Just made me feel very grateful to have made the move up North, and to have discovered all the cool trails, mountains and people that i have in the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Thank you. Any feelings on little bald mountain outside of Naches? That could make a good 3rd day riding.
    It's an absolutely superb ride, always really, really quiet.. can be flat tire fest in sections though.

Needs to be shuttled - road is really rough the last few miles high clearance required . Camp on the west side and drive to it.

Sun Top is the best ride on the west side followed by Ranger. The east side of the valley really got beat up in the fire two years ago don't rely on old trail guides.. lots of them don't exist anymore.

Crystal is a great ride in either direction. Plus there's beer and food at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Icicle goes top to bottom with no dismounts (assuming you can clean all the switchbacks that is)

First time riding in the 410 zone this past weekend. Up Ranger down Palisades. Beautiful ride. Ranger is a rough climb, top 1/4 is all hike a bike for mortals.... Palisades is an awesome descent, bottom 1/4 is all hike a bike for mortals...

Would like to go back soon for Crystal, Sun Top, deep creek, etc...

Seems like the fire scorched the earth for a good chunk of Ranger.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

That Northern Mountain sure is running good. Im loving this cycle of 6 days of sun per week, with a quick 12 hours of light rain to tack everything back up once a week. Dirt is phenominal- wet grippy dirt and loam but dry rocks and roots.

Riding Silver mountain park tomorrow with Kopi_red if anyone wants to join. We aren't pros, so don't expect us to keep up.

Nice edit from what appears to the Bellingham zone.

Last edited by ACH; 11-08-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Very awesome edit, and perfect timing. Thanks for that! About to shut off the computer and start pedaling... I was feeling kinda meh about riding today, but now I'm all fired up.

Sheesh Chainwhip! Now I want to ride.

Where's this one? (Help and east-sider out)

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Sheesh Chainwhip! Now I want to ride.

Where's this one? (Help and east-sider out)
    Such a good riding season this year!

Pilchuck Tree Farm - trail is called Lounge (feature is at top of Lower Lounge around Lat: 48.286200° Long: -122.154500°) @ Pilchuck Tract (closed 11/11-17 for hunting)

Victoria Tract is closed for the Winter as of 11/4.
    Last edited by ChainWhip; 11-08-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    Pilchuck Tree Farm
    I've heard great things.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    I've heard great things.

LOL

No really it's a great riding zone - often overlooked in the shadows of Galby & I-90 trails.

Hell of a weather streak we’ve had, now let it pour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lokul isolation policy in effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk