Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    ^^^
    Well played, is that your GG?

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    ^^^
    Well played, is that your GG?
    Yep, maiden voyage! Also first ride in awhile so I was a little squirrely and can’t judge it too much. But initially positive impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know Evergreen’s timetable for RR / Exit 27? There seems to be a lot of good work going in that zone west of the ridge. Connecting the “older” trails with the newer stuff. I stay out of the area out of respect for the crews, but still super interested in the great work they are doing.

I’m sure COVID has slowed the project down, labor issues plus higher rec use

I’d like to show up to a dig day, help out, get the scoop.... but they are all COVID canceled...

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Does anyone know Evergreen’s timetable for RR / Exit 27? There seems to be a lot of good work going in that zone west of the ridge. Connecting the “older” trails with the newer stuff. I stay out of the area out of respect for the crews, but still super interested in the great work they are doing.

I’m sure COVID has slowed the project down, labor issues plus higher rec use

I’d like to show up to a dig day, help out, get the scoop.... but they are all COVID canceled...

Physical Therapy and CCDH are "soft opened", meaning the public has the builders blessing to ride them, but they aren't signed and officially signed off on by DNR yet. Follow the tiger/raging river Facebook page for info on soft openings of new trails... Some new stuff soon to open at tiger too.

New stuff at Tiger is open to ride, though not on the maps yet. Weather and dirt couldnt have been much better on Saturday, and looks like this week will continue the trend. Hot damn.

Dirt in the PNWet

Is thrillium ok to ride when wet? Heading to Bellingham and was thinking about riding that on the way tomorrow am.

Nevermind, heading to North Bend
    Last edited by dfinn; 10-10-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    New stuff at Tiger is open to ride, though not on the maps yet. Weather and dirt couldnt have been much better on Saturday, and looks like this week will continue the trend. Hot damn.
    Please tell me more ?

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    Please tell me more ?
    Blue flow/jump trail. Think upper poppin tops but tighter and steeper with more closely spaced features.

Double black and then black raw NOTG type trails. Was total rake and ride loamer with only flags and loam ruts showing you the turns when I rode it at the beginning of the month.

Builders have asked people to stay off for now due to likely freeze thaw issues with the tread.

Where is the blue flow/jump trail ? Near otg?

Didn’t see any new trails, but I found this. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62535573058__5E613F06-9C61-4E3C-BD97-A0D9E6BAE10D.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	344915

A little mushy but tasty.

Dirt in the PNWet

Rode lower loop (inside passage - joy ride - legends - ) yesterday - really enjoyed it . Much more fun than the long uphill to downhill that we typically have with tiger and rr... trails were in really good shape .

Rode lower loop (inside passage - joy ride - legends - ) yesterday - really enjoyed it . Much more fun than the long uphill to downhill that we typically have with tiger and rr... trails were in really good shape .
    Thanks for the conditions report. I do love the long climb but conditions degrade more quickly on the upper mountain in the wet season!

That’s my go to loop. It has the sensation of going down more than up.

A fall fundraiser is going on for HRATS - photo/calendar contest for Gorge area trails... $1 = 1 vote. If you've ridden Post Canyon or 44 Trails, donate a couple bucks to keep the trailbuilding going! https://tinyurl.com/y68bmuj8

Rode RR yesterday... Broke my seat into dildo position at the bottom of the CCDH yesterday. Quite the schlog out of there when you can’t sit and spin...

So what’s going on with this? Hopefully there are some ride arounds to get to PT or CCDH? No info on Evergreen’s website....

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Rode RR yesterday... Broke my seat into dildo position at the bottom of the CCDH yesterday. Quite the schlog out of there when you can’t sit and spin...

So what’s going on with this? Hopefully there are some ride arounds to get to PT or CCDH? No info on Evergreen’s website....

Same question, saw that the other day.

Anyone want to ride tomorrow (seems like most rainy day) wed or Friday? RR, tiger (NOTG/predator?) up for anything...luckily off all week.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Are the roads closed too? You can get to all of those from the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    Are the roads closed too? You can get to all of those from the road.
    My assumption is they would close the haul route to and the roads in the timber sale area for the duration. Log trucks are undefeated in collisions with mountain bikes.

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

My assumption is they would close the haul route to and the roads in the timber sale area for the duration. Log trucks are undefeated in collisions with mountain bikes.

The closure isnt for the full two years, its just that the harvest could happen any time in that period- they move quick once they start and the priority will be to protect the trails in the area... this is public DNR land that DNR had a large hand in building trails on, not tokul where the timber company owns it and does what they want how they want. There will be ways to get to the trails you want (excepting a portion of RR) even during the harvest closure, which again will just be a few month period that could happen anytime during that 2 year period. Spring and fall are the likely times the harvest would happen IME with timber harvests. C'est La Vie in the PNW.

Im actually not sure they would close the haul road if that is the only way to access the trails. I bet they would just post signs all over saying yield to truck traffic, and keep the truck hauling to weekdays between 9-4 to mitigate issues. The logging roads up there are nice and wide (if my memory while out of breather serves me) and easily wide enough for a loaded truck to pass bikers pulled over on the side. Regardless, there are 2 logging road routes to access the top of RR.

I've also heard talk about a new climbing only, or descending only trail that will more or less parallel RR to eliminate the uphill/downhill rider conflict on RR. IDK the specifics on that though.

I'd consider giving up my left nut to ride Exit 27 right now. I bet the ridge will ride nice tho after they restore it later this spring.

Selling my V1 Bronson C custom build.... I’ll cut a deal to local mags.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

What are you upgrading to?

I built up a Banshee Prime

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

This thread is a little stale considering the luscious loam that is going to be ripening over the next few days. Last weekend i journeyed east for some nice, mellow, flowy single track and flowers, while today was moist brown stuff you could really sink a knob into on the west side. The wetter trails should try nicely this week and be in the prime shred zone shortly!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5556.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	374132

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    This thread is a little stale considering the luscious loam that is going to be ripening over the next few days. Last weekend i journeyed east for some nice, mellow, flowy single track and flowers, while today was moist brown stuff you could really sink a knob into on the west side. The wetter trails should try nicely this week and be in the prime shred zone shortly!

Name:	IMG_5556.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	374132
    Nice shot.

The balsam is really going off. Though we could use some of that rain.

Name:	IMG_0062.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	374133