Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Lake Kachess, Xanadu, the Fish Lake area up by Maverick Saddle, the Entiat zone, Capital Forest, Lewis River...
    Devil's Gulch and/or Mission Ridge trails...

One of my favorites is to start at Sand Creek and ride Redhill over to the Devil's Gulch TH and up Mission Creek Rd. After the closure the road is basically a single track now. Ride down Devil's Gulch and Red Devil trails back to Sand Creek. About 27 miles of single track with about 20 descending. Just over 40 miles car to car. Roughly 5500' of climbing and descent.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    There's not a lot of dust in the foothills trails around and above Wenatchee right now. Never is a ton of 'moon dust'. Mostly light dust and sand. The trails are riding great. Would be a good option for morning rides before the shows at the Gorge, it will be relatively cool until 10 or 11 even if the afternoons are hot. You could easily spend a couple days riding in the Sage Hils/Horse Lake and #2 Canyon complex trails. Mostly "flow" trails, narrow single track, very narrow in spots on steep side hills. It's fun and challenging in it's own way.
    To add a little bit: Squilchuck is an easy quick loop of flow trails. Generally squilchuck holds pretty well without getting too dusty and is shaded at a higher elevation. If you are looking for a quick alpine loop the upper mission ridge to upper devils gulch loop from upper devils gulch is a pretty nice 8 mile loop or add in devils spur OB for extra length.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Devil's Gulch and/or Mission Ridge trails...

One of my favorites is to start at Sand Creek and ride Redhill over to the Devil's Gulch TH and up Mission Creek Rd. After the closure the road is basically a single track now. Ride down Devil's Gulch and Red Devil trails back to Sand Creek. About 27 miles of single track with about 20 descending. Just over 40 miles car to car. Roughly 5500' of climbing and descent.
    I got up into your zone a few weeks back, I had fun.
    Hope to again in the Fall.

Stevens was super fun tonight. More dirt work on rock crusher.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Would be sweet, but I've only got a day to make it from Tahoe to WA, so a all-day ride likely isn't in the cards. And actually did ride both MRT (lower) and Alpine last August . Loved them both!
    That’s a really tight schedule to sneak in a lush green ride, especially going 89 to 97. NUT isn’t exactly right along the way, as it will take some time to get from 97 to where the NUT starts off 138 - and the lush parts are well west of Diamond Lake.

The trails out of Klamath Lake or Bend will be much shorter detours but much less green. There is a cool mellow XC Loop about 40 miles west of Klamath Lake called Brown Mountain Loop that mixes lava flows and forests, but not lush by Oregon standards.

It won’t be as lush as the NUT, but doing an out and back ride at Waldo Lake is pretty wonderful - mossy Doug firs and Waldo is just about as clear as Tahoe. North side is busy and easy riding, west side is punchy rooty rocky, south and east sides are in between. Starting at Shadow Bay (south), and slathering yourself with bug spray and doing an out and back to the West side is a great ride. Waldo is maybe 30 miles west of 97?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I've lived in Seattle for 1 year at this point... I have been riding Tiger, Raging River, Tokul (once), Duthie (once).... Where is the next spot to go explore? I don't mind driving.
    Winthrop area is worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dirt in the PNWet

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

We got a bit of rain last night and Bham trails are prime right now.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Depends what "trail bike". In pretty much all bike parks you would rather ride a DH bike.

The loam trails in the greater Bham area have been treated very well by the constant refresh of moisture. Below is a quick vid from a trail zone that ive spent some time at fairly recently building entrances/exits from and to the logging roads that were cut in the past few months. Sad that the top-bottom flow is interrupted now, but grateful that most of the trails lay within the no-harvest stream buffer and wont get clearcut.

Good to see Alger is completely wiped out!

Rode Ape Canyon/Plains of Abraham today, so many riders out there, but fun as always.

Name:  IMG_20180707_221547.jpeg
Views: 1448
Size:  65.1 KB

Sent from my XT1565 using TGR Forums mobile app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4320.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	240890

Dirt church at Tokul West this AM with JT Goat, Z-bo, Sorry Bro and Slackey.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Fun was had today.

Name:	VideoCapture_20180708-183658.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	363.2 KB 
ID:	240914

We hit Esmeralda Saturday with EMBA - my first time and I will be back for sure!

by ChainWhip, on Flickr
    Last edited by ChainWhip; 07-08-2018 at 09:26 PM.

I've lived in Seattle for 1 year at this point... I have been riding Tiger, Raging River, Tokul (once), Duthie (once).... Where is the next spot to go explore? I don't mind driving.
    My favorite rides have one big, slow, easy climb and one long backcountry decent.

Those 410 trails look like 8mi of forest road climb to 8mi of singletrack descent... my jam right there....

Thanks!

Done Ollalie yet? Sounds right up your alley and nice easy drive. It's an out-and-back, but a damn good one. High speed roller coaster.

First bham trip for me this weekend. I was mostly meh on Galbraith. I'm not good enough to clear the big jump lines there, and I found a lot of the other trails to not be all that interesting, though I'm sure it improves as you get to know the place more. Chuckanut, on the other hand, was pretty sweet. Nice forest with views of the sound and Baker, and a good mix of tech and DH trails.

What did you ride on galby?

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    What did you ride on galby?
    Wonderland, Keystone, Kaiser, Cheech n Chong, U Line, Atomic Dog, and some other random xc stuff near the bottom. Cheech and Atomic Dog were pretty rad.

Yeah.. Das Autobon to Irish death to Atomic dog or Lair of the bear... pump track over unemployment line always. Uline is way over rated.

I guess the new jump trail mohawk is all rollable and pretty fun but I haven't rode it yet, it feeds into Mullet, which I don't like much but they are working on it and that feeds to cheech and chongs...

Scorpian and Evolution are both fun from the top...

Next time hit me up, I ride galby practically every day. The only really fun xc trail imo is whoopsie whoodle..

The staircase goes! Moto angels have done their trail clearing and there is minimal snow above Cooney lake, significantly less than this time last year. Parking lot was basically full on Fri/Sat since they've taped off the campground portion of it, but saw less than 10 people on the loop.

Rode devil's gulch today, climbed the road route from the lower th. First time there, so no baseline, but it seemed to be in great shape.

Name:	IMG_1174.jpg 
Views:	148 
ID:	240942

Nice. I did the Martin Creek to Foggy Dew ride last week and had a blast. Good to hear the whole loop is open.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    That’s a really tight schedule to sneak in a lush green ride, especially going 89 to 97. NUT isn’t exactly right along the way, as it will take some time to get from 97 to where the NUT starts off 138 - and the lush parts are well west of Diamond Lake.

The trails out of Klamath Lake or Bend will be much shorter detours but much less green. There is a cool mellow XC Loop about 40 miles west of Klamath Lake called Brown Mountain Loop that mixes lava flows and forests, but not lush by Oregon standards.

It won’t be as lush as the NUT, but doing an out and back ride at Waldo Lake is pretty wonderful - mossy Doug firs and Waldo is just about as clear as Tahoe. North side is busy and easy riding, west side is punchy rooty rocky, south and east sides are in between. Starting at Shadow Bay (south), and slathering yourself with bug spray and doing an out and back to the West side is a great ride. Waldo is maybe 30 miles west of 97?
    Thanks for the beta. Will do a bit of research!

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post

Name:	IMG_4320.JPG 
Views:	180 
ID:	240890

Dirt church at Tokul West this AM with JT Goat, Z-bo, Sorry Bro and Slackey.
    What good peeps.

I had a friend visiting from out of town and give him the Tiger sampler tour. The brown pow was just so on point - insane shredding!! It was worth having to race back to the car and bro almost missing his flight.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    There was a big fire on the south side of 410 last summer. Reports show the upper trails (ranger, noble knob, deep creek) got pretty beat up. Lower trails are supposed to be running fine.
    Probably more helpful to describe it as the eastside of 410.

Sun Top is unaffected by the fire though and would meet his requirements. There's a longer section of uphill trail there when the road portion ends. but the down hill is really good. in someways better than the other side of the valley I think. Add on Skookum to the end of it and you have a damn good ride. well worth the drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Thanks for the beta. Will do a bit of research!
    It's a 12 hour drive from Truckee to the Gorge, so it really depends how long of a ride you want and how far off-route you are willing to drive for green scenery.

The Klamath Falls trails are right on your route and you can make them as short of a ride as you want ... Spence Mountain will be a bit off route, and then Brown Mountain about 40 miles off route.
    https://www.mtbproject.com/directory.../klamath-falls

North Umpqua Trail, especially west of Lemolo Falls, is as green and lush as it gets but I think it's gonna be about an hour drive each way out and back from highway 97 unless you do the trail sections high up in the river basin, you might be able to get to those trail heads closer to 30-40 minutes.

If you can swing the Waldo Lake detour on Highway 58, I would advocate for that, because the lake is so damn pure and you get mossy old growth in there. But that's also gonna be like 40 minutes extra driving out and back each way from 97.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Family meetup outside Redmond, OR this weekend. Trails were not wet--but surprisingly tacky considering the sand content.

Pavement was not as tacky. Skin grows back, I guess. One of these years I'll dedicate another day and get to Oakridge instead of misusing knobby tires.

Name:	20180707_083808.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	241028