Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    ^HMS feel free to shoot me a PM for trail info or if you want to store bikes not at the festival as R&B gets closer.

Some other trails you should put on your radar are Cutthroat Pass and Angels Staircase. CP is 11 miles and ~3k and a very popular hiking trail but if you can get up there on off hours it's quite nice. AS is a much longer day, 25 miles and ~5k gain with hike a bike. If it's pretty hot that may feel like a death march so take that one with a grain of salt.
    Thanks so much, I will ping you for trail info for sure. We are staying with friends from the avalanche world outside Winthrop, so will leave the bikes there. I remember climbing Cutthroat Spire back in my guide days- cool route and long day.

In terms of Kettle Crest info, is there a bike shop in Republic (the internet doesn't think so...)? Who would have best info for that zone?

Looking forward to a road trip and new trails!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Here I’m just hoping Evil drops super boost from their future bikes..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yep…. I think it’s just there way to get you to buy their wheels. I told Kevin the back ends too damn wide already and I don’t want to rub my ankles even more with super boost.

Dirt in the PNWet

Bike shop in Republic. That’s funny. Go to Stonerose, or pick up a dog at Forget Me Not Shelter.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

There is a highway cam at Sherman Pass

https://wsdot.com/travel/real-time/m...passes/Sherman

You can also search the hiking site WTA for recent TRs in the area. Or go back and read previous years TRs to see when the snow melts out in the area (snow free by mid June last year but blow downs on the trail)

https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/sherman

Or call the local ranger district and see if they have an update

Republic Ranger District
    (509) 775-7400

Three Rivers Ranger District
    (509) 738-7700

Although it's not big i'm going to say that #2 canyon is my favorite washington trails. Feels just like sun valley riding. Looking forward to connecting sage hills and #2 sometime..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1439.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	419950

Got a little peek at Tahoma this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    Although it's not big i'm going to say that #2 canyon is my favorite washington trails. Feels just like sun valley riding. Looking forward to connecting sage hills and #2 sometime..
    Yeah once #2 gets fully built out i think it's gonna be awesome.
    They need to fix the road though. Just pave it dammit and expand the parking too.
    Leaving a car at the bottom of Sage at Fifth St or lower Horselake parking makes for a really nice day coming from #2.
    Or drive to the upper Horselake parking and ride up over Twin Peaks but only part way down into the #2 trails and then ride back over twin peaks and back to the car.

Is anywhere in the greater PNW/BC region not completely dry/blown out right now? This early fall weather is amazing, but also dusty.

INW (Spokane/CDA/Sandpoint) just got precip over the last day. Things were hero today!

Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    Yeah once #2 gets fully built out i think it's gonna be awesome.
    They need to fix the road though. Just pave it dammit and expand the parking too.
    Leaving a car at the bottom of Sage at Fifth St or lower Horselake parking makes for a really nice day coming from #2.
    Or drive to the upper Horselake parking and ride up over Twin Peaks but only part way down into the #2 trails and then ride back over twin peaks and back to the car.
    The road has been graded recently and fresh gravel laid down too. It doesn’t need paving and there’s plenty of parking. If you’re complaining about the road and parking, maybe go ride the Loop trail. The mountain up there is Horse Lake Mt not Twin Peaks. Read a map.

That fresh gravel is already a mess and they still haven’t installed the new vault that necessitated the work. I bet 300 cars and trucks will go up and down that road today. There were 10 cars at the pad and maybe 25 at the gate when I finished my ride this morning.

It needs to be paved because people don’t know how to slow down and preserve the road. I was up there last week and 4 side by sides can ripping and roosting through the hairpin. Nearly smoked a dog. I’d support paving to fuck with those assholes alone.

The road would be fine if it wasn’t a half assed attempt. Gravel would be fine with enough ballast and raising the grade. People will only drive faster if the road were paved, making it more dangerous.

The planned upper lot, vault toilet and picnic area is unnecessary and an eyesore. Maybe put just the toilet in.

The whole project up there is kinda stupid except for the trails. The meadow isn’t a meadow no matter how hard they try. It was cleared by the previous owner for a hayfield, there’s still a hay rake near the top of the “meadow”. The pondos want to grow there, why clear them out? I also want to know who decided to mow the grass along “Community Property”? Totally unnecessary and detracts from the natural state.

The real problem is the local “outdoor” and tourist organizations pimping the trails. Too much use. That said, only three cars at the th Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The planned upper lot, vault toilet and picnic area is unnecessary and an eyesore. Maybe put just the toilet in.
    This I can agree with. Put in a picnic area at squilchuk, if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    This I can agree with. Put in a picnic area at squilchuk, if you must.
    It’s already there. Talk about dirt sidewalks.

The pimping of good riding will never stop.

Lower Tiger Mt doable right now?
    More importantly, how about Duthie?
    Since getting back into mt biking a few years ago after almost a decade away, ive been feeling stymied by otherwise totally doable trails in my area with biggish drops and gaps. Thinking of doing a full day or two at Duthie.
    But it's a long drive from the Wenatchee valley.
    Ive got a few extra days off next week was thinking of getting a motel room in that general area. Cheap motel Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The road has been graded recently and fresh gravel laid down too. It doesn’t need paving and there’s plenty of parking. If you’re complaining about the road and parking, maybe go ride the Loop trail. The mountain up there is Horse Lake Mt not Twin Peaks. Read a map.
    Ok bro

I'd also say that parking at that upper pad is kinda silly. Better to leave that gate shut seeing as that several hundred yard section is pretty rough.
    I've got no problems with the current parking though.

However, that road is fucked. I mean it's not a regular forest service road that can handle normal 2wd use. Even if it got graded out real nice, graveled and buffed. It's too steep. It'd just get rutted all out again and all the basalt chunder would re-emerge. It'll only get worse with increasing popularity. Paving would solve all that. Leaving it gravel would necessitate regrading every year. Cheaper inthe long run to just pave it. I'm sure you've got some oldschool elitist local-type reason why access should stay difficult. We would all love to hear it.
    Ooh and Horselake/Twin Peaks is very commonly referred to either way in the local parlance. But you knew that and decided to be a twat about it.
    And WTF with the salty attitude?

Lower Tiger Mt doable right now?
    More importantly, how about Duthie?
    Since getting back into mt biking a few years ago after almost a decade away, ive been feeling stymied by otherwise totally doable trails in my area with biggish drops and gaps. Thinking of doing a full day or two at Duthie.
    But it's a long drive from the Wenatchee valley.
    Ive got a few extra days off next week was thinking of getting a motel room in that general area. Cheap motel Recommendations?
    All of tiger is doable right now but that could change soon, looks like some colder storms are headed our way.
    Duthie was running great today but some of the freeride trails are closed for maintenance. Definitely gravy train and paramount are closed, and I think big tree was too.

Thanks bfree
    Getting late in the season. Gonna be skiing soon so might hold off til spring

Thanks bfree
    Getting late in the season. Gonna be skiing soon so might hold off til spring
    Hold off or not, a day or two a Duthie is a great way to work on those skills you want to improve in a very focused fashion. Working on drops and gaps is great, but getting 100 reps per day is greater.

And WTF with the salty attitude?
    Take his posts with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Take his posts with a grain of salt.
    It's possible i overreacted to uni's post. IDK but was feeling a bit punchy that day and generally tired of peoples shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rbciii View Post
    Hold off or not, a day or two a Duthie is a great way to work on those skills you want to improve in a very focused fashion. Working on drops and gaps is great, but getting 100 reps per day is greater.
    Turns out it's ski season. So yeah gonna wait til spring or maybe late winter. Wanna be able to camp in the area for a few nights.
    I'm decent at drops but need intensive practice on some tabletops.

need intensive practice on some tabletops.
    take a 3 day weekend in Early summer, drive to whistler and lap crankitup, cmor, and Aline. in that order. No other trails. from open to close. Maybe throw in a freight train lap or two on day 3 for funsies. you will get in a few thousand jumps and become comfortable on jumps way larger, safer and easier to hit than you ever thought possible. Then, when you come back to riding local singletrack you will be boosting every sneaky double, drop and jump without even thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    take a 3 day weekend in Early summer, drive to whistler and lap crankitup, cmor, and Aline. in that order. No other trails. from open to close. Maybe throw in a freight train lap or two on day 3 for funsies. you will get in a few thousand jumps and become comfortable on jumps way larger, safer and easier to hit than you ever thought possible. Then, when you come back to riding local singletrack you will be boosting every sneaky double, drop and jump without even thinking about it.
    You're right and would be fun. Would need a SugarMama for a whistler trip though.
    Broke ass dirtbag here.